Hostel Villa Vento Surf

Panama City, Panama

Ideal location in the city. Walk along the waterfront from the hostel to Casco Viejo is very nice.

• 17th Oct 2013
  • Globetrotter

Shin-Okubo Sekitei

Tokyo, Japan

Short walk from train. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Room had plenty of space especially for Tokyo. Very comfortable sleep on the futon.

Thank you for the good rating. We were relieved to hear that Futon bed is comfortable for you. We hope to see you again.

very convenient location to walk to the bus that goes to the airport. also, easy walk to main sections of the old part of the city.

Maison de Didì

Rome, Italy

A bit cold in the room. Fortunately the blankets were very warm. Bathroom door causes an echo effect in the building when closed.

Alvaro Residencia

Madrid, Spain

The hostel is a short walk to most of the major sites of the city and an even shorter walk to the nearest metro station. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

Travellers House

Lisbon, Portugal

I am not sure if I have had a more positive experience at a hostel anywhere in the world. Staff members are extremely friendly and helpful. The events that the hostel coordinates were a lot of fun. The hostel common room provided a great place to meet people. The hot cooked breakfast provided a nice start to the day. And the location was a short walk to points of interest and the metro.

The hostel is easily accessible by subway. It is a moderate walk to the Forbidden City. I enjoyed participating in complementary cultural events at the hostel including weekend martial arts. The facilities are very clean. The beds have very comfortable mattresses. The blankets are much higher quality than normally find at hostels. The blanket kept me comfortably warm during the very cold Beijing nights. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. It was very easy to meet interesting guests.

Maison de Alexandre

Rome, Italy

Very convenient location. Short walk from Termini train station. The hostel is even closer to a subway station. Nice view of part of the old city from our room. Marco, thanks for the local restaurant recommendation. The food was excellent.

Leonardo House

Florence, Italy

Excellent location a short walk from the train station and also a short walk to the main tourist sites. When we forgot an item at home, Leonardo was very helpful in letting us borrow an item overnight. Also, very helpful in pointing out where various sites are on relation to the hostel on a map.

Campanella3

Rome, Italy

Campanella3 is in a great location, a short walk to the subway and a short walk to the Vatican. In addition, our room was in a very quiet location where our sleep was not interrupted by any noise from the street. The accomodations are extremely clean. Ivan, thank you for the restaurant recommendation near the Pantheon. It was one of our favorite dining experiences in Rome.

Our Melting Pot

Manila, Philippines

Very convenient location. The directions on how to get there from the airport were extremely clear. The breakfast was an excellent opportunity to meet other visitors. Bathrooms were among the cleaniest I have seen in over a decade of staying at hostel. Also, the complementary computer terminals were very useful. I would definitely stay here again the next time I am in town.

Bahia del Paraiso

Naguabo, Puerto Rico

There is only 1 bathroom and it is shared by all occupants of the building. Unless one has a specific reason to visit Naguabo there is not a whole lot of interest in the local area. Walkable from the hostel is a waterfront area with various restaurants. However, if looking during the week for a late dinner or early breakfast, then options seem to be very limited. In addition, this shore does not have an area for swimming. It is more of a hike or a drive to get to a beach.

Yes, as of now we have only 1 bathroom, we are working towards building another, however, we only have 2 rooms so we are fairly small. We Do have a beach within walking distance (about 5 minutes). We also advise guests in our confirmation e-mail that there is not an option for breakfast within walking distance and that we advise either picking up groceries on your way or going out for breakfast.

Posada San Francisco

San Juan, Puerto Rico

Extremely convenient location that is a very short walk to major sites of Old San Juan. Room was very large by hostel standards.

Backpackers BCN Diputació

Barcelona, Spain

Convenient location to walk to major points in Barcelona or to walk to the metro. The location is a few blocks away from main tourists area which made for more reasonablely priced and less crowded restaurant options. Staff member Melissa was very helpful. The high celing and old detailing in the dorm room made for a very relaxing place to stay.

RC Miguel Angel

Madrid, Spain

The hostel was extremely convenient for walking to many of the major sites of Madrid as well as to the metro. The bathrooms were among the cleanest we have seen at any hostel. Nice mix of food available for breakfast.

Alexander House Charlottesville

Charlottesville, USA

On the plus side, the hostel is within walking distance of downtown Charlottesville. The hostel is clean. The hostel is ecologically minded. For example, there is a container for for food scrap composting. On the negative side, in the bunk bed accommodation room, I was kept up for a night by a neighbor's creaking bed and a neighbor's coughing. First time in a bunk bed shared accommodation that I have had this degree of difficulty sleeping.

Tanita House

Chiang Mai, Thailand

Aor and her staff are extremely warm, friendly and go out of their way to make the stay pleasant. I have stayed at a number of places booked through HostelWorld.com throughout the past few years for locations globally. This was the best service I have seen anywhere. The teak wood homes have a degree of character that can not be found at the impersonal cookie cutter hotels that have gone up through out Chiang Mai.

H.I. Niagara Falls

Niagara Falls, USA

The owner of the hostel charges extra for items that are no additional charge at nearly all hostels. For example, when we inquired about leaving our bags for a few hours the day we checked out the owner said we would have to pay extra.

William Penn House

Washington DC, USA

Very friendly staff. Bathrooms ranks among the most clean I have seen at any hostel I have been to on 5 continents of traveling.

Strawberry Hometel

Manila, Philippines

Location is convenient to a main road of restaurants and not too far from some night life. Accomodations are extremely basic, bed creeked a lot. I didn't see any other visitors over multiple days there.

Capsule Inn Akihabara

Tokyo, Japan

I had some difficulty finding the place as the info provided online didn't provide great details for directions. But once there staff was very friendly and helpful.

Gojo Guest House

Kyoto, Japan

Staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Great place to meet other travelers to exchange travel tips and explore Kyoto with. Location is a short walk to a variety of interesting destinations.