There during Chinese New Year when most things in town were shut. The hostel was one of the few places open to eat, but they kept saying the kitchen was closed at random times, with staff unsure when it would open and at times telling us it would be open and then saying it was closed when we arrived which made planning meals pretty difficult. Some of the staff were accommodating, while others seemed indifferent or downright rude. Very little English spoken or extra effort made.

• 31st Jan 2014
  • Globetrotter

We are so sorry you had a bad time in our hostel .You know it was Chinese new year ,just one cook still at work.That was why we changed the breakfast time .Also most worker in the bar and reception were part-time,so they can not understand u very clearly.The vacation is over now ,we will be working diligently to make your stays much more enjoyable in the future. We will also improve our service and business by training our staff more. Hope see u again!

The food is really overpriced and not good at all. I was really surprised at what they served as a "Sichuan dish" which was not like anything I've had in China even though I've ordered the same dish countless times. It looked like it came out of a can or had been microwaved. When I told them I wasn't happy with it, they said "most foreigners" didn't mind it, as if that wasn't insulting or made it okay.

• 16th Oct 2013
  • Globetrotter

Thank you so much for your kindly feedback. We're so sorry that you didn't like our food. Once you said you didn't like it, we try to talk to you and return you HALF PRICE as you've started. We've tried a lot to satisfy tourist's flavor from all around world. Might can not make every guest satisfied. There might be misunderstanding that our staff tried to say is most guest like this dish. We're so sorry that from this dish we didn't catch your expectation.

The internet was not working at all while I was there and the staff seemed indifferent to figure out why or do anything about it. When I came back to Chengdu a few days later, I decided not to stay here again.

• 14th Oct 2013

Kunming, China

• 4th Oct 2013

Trippers Carpe Diem

Yangshuo, China

One of the nicest places I've stayed!

• 1st Oct 2013

Royal Hostel Singapore

Singapore, Singapore

I wanted to like this place more, but I just don't think the space works for a hostel. Little changes could be made to improve things (a quieter door for the dorm, hooks in the bathroom, rearranging the common area), but overall I think the layout is just too small to ever make it work. It feels claustrophobic and something about the place doesn't seem genuine.

Fernloft KL @ Chinatown

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

The bathroom is really bad.

Hi Kelly! We are really sorry for the problem. We reconstructed the bathroom just a few days before you checked in and there were problems. The ventilation was not good so the smell was bad and the signs were not where they should be. Now we have already done our best to change it. It's much better. We should have done it before customers check in. This is a lesson for us to learn. Thank you very much for pointing out our problem. If you ever come to Hangzhou again we welcome you to Hofang. Thanks again and have a nice day :)

Beijing Leo Hostel

Beijing, China

My only complaint was that the internet was really unreliable, to the point that I had to go to the hostel across the street to get online. The staff were really friendly, but would just say "it should be working now" without doing anything to look into the problem. I think a good internet connection would be a better investment for the hostel than all the Western food items on the menu.

Hello Thank you for your comments. Very few guests experience problems with the wifi. If there is a problem, rebooting the boxes at reception usually helps. We hope you have a better connection during your next stay! Kind regards Leo Hostel

Three Legged Frog Hostel

365 Inn

Beijing, China

I thought this was a great spot! I only wish they had an additional common area for guests rather than the (public) bar. There was nowhere else to sit and every night I ended up sharing a table. This can sometimes be great, but I was needed to work in the evening, and at one point I was surrounded by chain smokers.

Peking Yard Hostel

Beijing, China

I stayed in several hostels in Beijing because I booked late over a holiday period and there was limited availability everywhere. This hostel was more than twice the price and not half as good as the other spots I stayed. It's a perfectly fine place, but there's nothing special that justifies the extra cost. The common room closes at midnight and you can't get online if too many people are using the internet. On the whole, I found the atmosphere here kind of lifeless and claustrophobic.

Fauzi Azar Inn

Hostel La Candelaria

Valladolid, Mexico

Nomadas

Merida, Mexico

Gorgeous spot with great amenities. DidnĀ“t find the staff very friendly or helpful when I needed help.

Poc na Hostel

Isla Mujeres, Mexico

Hostel Ka'beh Cancun

Cancun, Mexico

The free dinners were a great surprise - good and generous. The hostel just seems too big so there's not a lot of atmosphere. I found the room very cramped and claustrophobic.

Banana Bungalow Hollywood

Los Angeles, USA

really amazing place! while most hostels seem stingy, they really tired to do that little bit extra that makes all the difference to the life of a traveller. room with its own kitchen/bathroom. free laundry soap and cheap machines. free bbq and beer and live music the first night i was there. free coffee all day. nice spot.

Hostel Hospedarte Chapultepec

Guadalajara, Mexico

free bike rental is really great!

Glad you liked it ! - Gerardo Estrada, General Manager Hospedarte

Casa de Don Pablo Hostel

Oaxaca, Mexico

mixed feelings. room and courtyard were nice. staff were awesome but overworked. prob with my bill which they recognized but didn't have the authority to change and the manager was on vacation. bkft often inedible, not enough bathroom space. people were having s*x in dorms, showers, and there was a crazy guy there smoking pot in the dorm, stealing food etc, harassing people and staff did little to intervene which i sympathize with, but it did have a negative effect on stay of other guests.

Hostal Hermano Pedro

Guatemala City, Guatemala

amazing breakfast and friendly staff!

Hostal Polanco Valparaiso

Valparaiso, Chile

Wish I could recommend this place more because I think the owner really tries her best to make a nice environment. That said, cleanliness leaves a lot to be desired, as does overall efficiency. This place doesn\'t really operate like a hostel, more like someone\'s home. Therefore there is some discomfort about complaining or making yourself too comfortable as you feel like you are in someone\\\'s home. The other thing is they had \\\"no record\\\" of my reservati

La Chimba Hostel

Santiago, Chile

A really great hostel. Staff were fantastic.

Hostel Inn Bariloche

Bariloche, Argentina

A really great hostel. Clean, nice staff, great view, free dinner a nice touch.

Hotel Bolivar

Buenos Aires, Argentina

A beautiful old hotel in good location. It could be a lot better if they did just a bit more to make guests feel comfortable. The kitchen has few dishes and no utensils. The bathrooms don't have toilet paper half the time and can be rather dirty. I stayed there over two weeks and my room wasn't cleaned once.

Oca Hostel

Sao Paulo, Brazil

Very nice staff and a nice spot. Does feel like it needs to be "lived in" a bit more. Have to pay for wifi (R$10/day) and no kitchen.

****Inactive***HI Brumas

Ouro Preto, Brazil

They do not recognize the 10% deposit paid, saying it is to Hostelworld and not to them. Staff is friendly but only speaks Portuguese. Very clean and a nice view, though a steep walk back from town.

A Meson Pousada

Salvador, Brazil

security is a real issue. there are no lockers and while there is a safe, the day after i put a bag in there i saw it lying on the front desk while they were doing "work." the doors are rarely locked, and several times i walked straight off the street into my room without passing anyone or using a key. another guest was mugged in the front entranceway. the owner seems almost irritated with the guests, and doesn't say even say hello or smile when you pass her.

La Jungla House Hostel

Panama City, Panama

an awesome place! staff were so friendly, and great vibe. definitely plan to go back.

South Beach Hostel

Miami, USA

a great place! thought the atmosphere was really laid back and the staff were fantastic. really enjoyed my stay and intend to go back.