Location: USA, Gender: Female, Age: 33

Valley View Backpackers

Graskop, South Africa

I really enjoyed my stay at Valley View. They have tons on information about what to do in and around Graskop. I really appreciate when hostels provide this. Nice self-catering kitchen, comfortable rooms, and friendly staff. It was a bit cold while we were there, but they provided wood for the fireplace in the main building which made it much more cozy.

Jollyboys Backpackers

Livingstone, Zambia

Jollyboys is what a hostel should be: both dorms and private rooms available, restaurant and bar on location, comfy common areas, staff who can book activities, free shuttle to Vic Falls, good location in the center of Livingstone, cooking facility, good book exchange library, and clean rooms and bathroom. My only wish is that the wifi and laundry were cheaper and that there were lockers for my pack. Great stay overall.

Smyle Inn

New Delhi, India

I enjoyed my stay at the Smyle Inn. The location is very convenient to the New Delhi Train station. The staff was helpful and accommodating with whatever I needed. The room was small but comfortable. I only wish they served drinks on the rooftop terrace and that it was open later.

I really enjoyed my stay here. The location is perfect. Breakfast is simple yet delicious and lunch is a feast. So nice to have such great food. I met a lot of friendly travelers here during the communal meals. The rooftop is a nice place to hang out. The staff is very friendly. The rooms and bathrooms are clean. It was quite hot, but that can't be helped in this part of India in June.

Reggae Mansion Kuala Lumpur

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

I love the capsule style of beds. Very private and comfortable. Large lockers for entire pack or suitcase. Great location. Nice rooftop bar. Friendly staff. One of the best hostels I've stayed at in the last six months of traveling.

Roommates Penang

Penang, Malaysia

The location is excellent. It's great that all of the bunks have curtains. Why don't more hostels do that? I enjoyed my stay here and would pick Roommates again if I were in Georgetown. I just wish that the people in my dorm room would have had the courtesy not to talk super loudly at 2am every single night.

Red Inn Heritage

Penang, Malaysia

Overall this is a good hostel. The location is great. The bed was comfortable, with each bunk having a light, shelf and outlet. I just wish that the tv hadn't been on so loudly and constantly in the common area and that they had more information about what to do in Penang.

BackHome Kuala Lumpur

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

This is a great hostel. They have everything to make a stay comfortable: huge lockers that fit all of my stuff, sturdy bunk beds with individual lamps, outlets and shelves, lots of hooks in the bedrooms, free cold water, coffee and tea, large common areas, free breakfast, clean bathrooms, reliable wifi, and kitchen with microwave and fridge. I also met a lot of really nice people. The location is ideal. I will definitely stay there the next time I'm in KL.

Serenity Eco Guesthouse

Canggu, Indonesia

I really appreciate a place that has affordable single rooms. The pool is wonderful. The food was delicious.

Little Hanoi Hostel

Hanoi, Vietnam

The staff here was SO welcoming and friendly. They allowed me to check in early when I arrived from an all night bus at 7am and genuinely cared that I had a good stay. The bunk beds in the dorm room are large and sturdy and don't squeak. Free breakfast includes eggs, bacon and baguette. Would definitely stay here again.

Hue Backpackers Hostel

Hue, Vietnam

Typical backpacker hostel with people getting drunk in the bar on the ground floor and cramped rooms with bunk beds. Nice decks on the second and third floors that are quieter. Good location.

Hoa Binh Hotel

Hoi An, Vietnam

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The free breakfast buffet was great.

NgocThao GuestHouse

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

The staff was friendly and helpful. The location was ideal. Not tons of common space to hang out.

Aoi Garden Home

Chiang Mai, Thailand

I LOVED Aoi's Garden Home. It's clean, the location is great, dorms have real beds not bunks, and the garden is beautiful and serene. Best of all, Aoi is so wonderful. She really cares that all of her guests feel at home. I felt so welcomed and taken care of. This place was recommended to me by another traveler and I will recommend it to everyone I meet who is going to Chiang Mai. Book early, it was full the whole time I was there.

Sila Resort

Sukhothai, Thailand

I loved Sila Resort. The staff was so welcoming. It's about a 15 minute walk to town, but they offer free bicycle rental, so you can get to the main part of town in less than 5 minutes. I will definitely stay there again when I'm in Sukhothai.

YHA Bangkok Airport

Bangkok, Thailand

It seemed like a good idea to stay here because my flight arrived into Bangkok at 1am, but if I were to do it again I would definitely stay closer to town. The cab driver from the airport was annoyed at having such a short fare, and then we had a really hard time finding the hostel. You have to take a taxi to get anywhere from here, even to the sky train. Check out was at 10 am, so I wasn't even to get a full night's sleep after getting in so late.

Check Inn HK

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

It was easy to meet a lot of great people here. I stayed over Christmas and they threw a Christmas party which was really nice of them. The location is great: walking distance to metro and all sorts of food. The hostel really feels like home. It is small, but I think that's all you'll find in Hong Kong. There are only 2 bathrooms, but they did a good job of keeping them clean by mopping after almost anyone showered. I would definitely stay here again!

Monkey Jane's Guesthouse

Yangshuo, China

If you want to party in Yangshuo, Monkey Jane's is the place to do it.

The staff was wonderfully helpful. I wish the lockers had been bigger.

Hi, We really appreciate your comment here,we will change the big locker next time.wish you have a nice trip in China. Best wishes ANNIE

I loved this hostel. The rooms were comfortable, the staff was very helpful, and there was a great atmosphere. I will definitely stay here again when I return to Shanghai.

This is by far one the the best hostels i've ever stayed at. It is beautiful, clean, and tons of fun. It is a bit difficult to get to, but they do everything they can to make using the buses as easy as possible. And personally I like being outside of the city, it is much more quiet and serene here.

Pension Amalur

San Sebastian, Spain

The owner is very nice and friendly, but speaks no english.