Reviews: exclea

Location: Turkey, Gender: Female, Age: 33

Zeppelin Hostel

Ljubljana, Slovenia

if you ask the airport shuttle leaves you near by the hostel. (it is walking distance to bus/train station). i suggest you write an email with your arrival time before you go. we didn't have any problems but sometimes there are no one working there since this is off season.

• 6th Mar 2014

Alegria's Hostel

Bogota, Colombia

La candelaria is the old town. You'd probably want to stay here if you want to see the town. Taxis have tariffs. You check the kilometer and then the price range. Airport will cost 10 usd portal norte to go to Guatavita or Zipa -if you have time you should- 10000 pesos. If you are travelling day time, use the transmilenio. They have their own route so they go faster than taxis during rush hours. ASK for a lower bunk bed, upper beds are not really safe -no handles/bars. I was afraid of falling.

• 20th Jan 2014

Frankfurt Hostel

Frankfurt, Germany

sheets were dirty. on Saturdays sometimes staff party with guests, which is cool unless they disappear for long time and you need something from them during that period.

• 8th Oct 2013

U Hostels

Madrid, Spain

there are too many people partying and making noises and the staff are not "always there" -they forgot to tell me where my pillow is, and i had arrived late. I had to sleep without a pillow the first night because I didn't know they were in the lockers. I just didn't want to wake up other people in the room by going out and in again... not a happy start. but wifi is perfect

• 25th Apr 2013

Soriania Hotel

Accra, Ghana

Soriana is far away of the town. so on top of 40-45 usd you have to pay 5-10 usd to go to the city center. there are trotros for less than a dollar but you will have to change at Accra mall (45 mn distance in rush hour.) Not very clean but aircondition works perfectly. They ask for 25 usd for airport transfer you can get it cheaper at the airport.It is difficult to find the place at night. (or even day time.) you have to know where it is to find it. The road is endless and everywhere is same

• 5th Jan 2013

Athens Backpackers

Athens, Greece

Even though I thought I was booking a room at Athens Backpackers apparently they are selling rooms for 2 different hostels and I when I booked a "deluxe" room, I ended up in Athens Studios. Backpackers has a communal place, where you can have free tea or coffee and sit with your friends. Studios doesn't. The breakfast ends around 9h30 am and there is no communal area except for downstairs bars. (More expensive than regular bars.) I had paid for 3 nights but I survived 2 and l left 1 day early.

• 19th Nov 2012

Cool & Bed

Lyon, France

• 30th Oct 2012

Sam So Guesthouse

Siem Reap, Cambodia

Bugs in the room. lizard in the room. the shower blow up. Plastics fall on my head. No a/c. (I am told they have rooms with a/c though. I stayed in singe room.) But tour they arranged were nice and prices was good. I had the best tuktuk driver I had in siem reap (he was my 3rd tuktuk driver.) Which is important if you are making a 3 day temple visit. Even though I paid for 8 night, I left the 5th. I couldn't survive there longer. you have better options

• 3rd Jul 2012
  • Turkey

Dear lady, We would like to thank you so much for your comment.We appreciate all comments of our guests who stay at our place.We do apologize for bugs and lizards throughout your stay.The bugs and lizards that you saw they were not bad bugs and bad lizards.In South east Asia,these bugs and lizards, which are not harmful,are very common.It is an annoying fact and part of everyone's life here.We try our best to make sure your stay and stay our guests is as bug free as possible.We keep rooms clean for our guests everyday. We apolozise for broken shower ,We feel very sorry that the shower was broken during your stay at our place.It was the first time for our place that the shower was broken.We are responsible 24 hours for our guests and we take good care of our guests. When you told us the shower was broken, we went to fix it for you , you did not wait long. As we remember , you booked fan room not A/C room, that was why we provided you fan room. Our place has A/C room and fan room.Guests can get A/C room or fan room depends on the requests or booking of our guests. We would like to apologise for some inconvenience that happened during your stay at our place. Should you be in Siem Riep again, I warmly invite you to visit our place again, and we will try to make your experience a better one than you've had. Best wishes , Kindest regards , Loves from SAM SO ,family and staff

Ganbara Hostel

Bilbao, Spain

perfect location, helpful people. Easy to find. 4 people rooms are better -s o I suggest you to pay 2 euros more and stay there.

• 1st May 2012

Hostel Riad Marrakech Rouge

Marrakech, Morocco

if you pay hostel price for 1 bed (100) it is ok. But ensuite room was a room with a toilet separated by a shower curtain. Bed was impossible to sleep -floor would be more comfortable. it is impossible to find the place in the medina where there no names on the streets or signs. So when you enter the medina or the square, there are people who "help" you then ask you for 100-150 dh for showing you the way. the instructions given by the hostel are pretty useless. There is no internet.

• 17th Jan 2012
  • Turkey

Dear Zeynep Many thanks for your review. Several issues you have raised here need addressing. Firstly, people who 'help' do sometimes ask for a lot of money to bring you to the hostel - you are not obliged to pay that much, and our staff are happy to help with this. It is your choice to use our airport pickup service which it appears costs the same as the gentlemen who wishes to 'help you'. Alternative, as our confirmation email suggests, you are welcome to call us from the square and we will collect you at no cost to yourselves - this was an option you chose not to take us up on. In terms of the instructions for directions - we contend their 'uselessness' strongly. You are sent, with the confirmation email - a comprehensive map of the area with clear directions which leads you step by step to the hostel. Some guests are better than others at following these directions, but they are in fact really very good. There are no road names on the street - welcome to Marrakech! That is why our directions are so detailed. Finally - at the time of your booking, indeed there was no internet, neither was it advertised so this should not have been a surprise or disappointment. However, Marrakech Rouge now does indeed have wi-fi - it is quick and available throughout the hostel! Best wishes for your future travels and bear in mind that Marrakech is a unique destination full of adventure and different to your home country. Embrace the adventure!

Melon District Poble Sec

Barcelona, Spain

Even though we had informed them -and received confirmation- that we will arrive late, they had processed our reservation as "no show". this created problems because it was 2 am and no one knew anything. we were given the room but next day we had misunderstandings about the payment. the staff were extremely rude. they resolved the issues but our vacation had already started badly. the walls are like paper. you can hear everybody and in the morning you wake up when they do.

• 9th Jan 2012
  • Turkey

One of the best hostels I've ever been. Good locks on lockers; clean beds; nice common areas. Good security, excellent personnel. And perfect location.

• 11th Nov 2011

Orchid Hotel

Hue, Vietnam

Perfect place to stay especially if you are a couple. One day, we returned to our room and found rose petals on our bed! It was a five star hotel experience. we had some problems and they resolved all of it. They didn't try to sell us anything, aircon and hot/cold water was working perfectly. location is right at the center. Breakfast was the best we had so far in any hotel in Vietnam. We used some of the hotel services like laundry -all were priced reasonably.

• 3rd Jul 2011

Saigon Mini Hotel

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

This is the best choice for Saigon. They made our trip safe and thanks to their staff, we never had any problems. One of the few hotels/hostels that don't try to sell you things (tours, services etc..) or send you to inappropriate places just to make a few dollar more. They arranged a safe taxi drop of for us, we didn't get ripped off. Their tours were ok, we got what we paid for, no bad surprises. room was good, air-conditioner was working properly.

• 28th Jun 2011
  • Turkey

Dear our valued guest, Thank you for choosing as well as your generous comments on our service. It is extremely motivating for us to see that you have appreciated your stay with us so that we keep on going on like this. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one. Yours sincerely, Ms Jerry Tran Hong Tham general manager

Rucksack Inn @ Temple Street

Singapore, Singapore

If you like hostels and you are travelling alone, this is one of the best hostels on the planet. staff is excellent, helpful, they gave good advice, make necessary arrangements (airport pick up etc) properly. it's a shame that they don't have private rooms..

• 26th Jun 2011

InToulouse

Toulouse, France

A really nice place to stay -I'll stay there the next time. Finding the place for the first time might be tricky. After the metro station, follow the "le Mirelet" sign -which will be in front of you- and then take the first right. nice bed, clean bathrooms

Rucksack Inn @ Temple Street

Singapore, Singapore

a friend's iphone was stolen, when there are20 people in the room, it's more likely to happen. but this is an amazing place with good lockers. perfect location, helpful staff, good aircondionning

Pickled Parrot Backpackers

Paihia, New Zealand

noisy. while we were sleeping people came from partying and they woke us in the middle of the night. it is impossible not to hear people. you hear their talk, they hear whatever you are doing inside your room.

Anchor Lodge Backpackers

Coromandel, New Zealand

don't even hesitate. this was one of the best hostels/motels I've ever stayed in. great location, great stuff, great bed.

Hotel So

Christchurch, New Zealand

this is a hotel, and a nice one. if you are a couple prices are really good.

City Lodge

Auckland, New Zealand

• 7th Jan 2011

Base Auckland

Auckland, New Zealand

perfect location, amazing stuff. beds are ok. bathrooms are horrible. they are digging the street in front of the hostel so it's noisy. but stuff and location worth the price.

Hi Zeynep, Thanks for your comments, glad to hear you found your stay excellent value for money! The street in front of our hostel is currently being renovated into a fantastic shared open space. This should be completed soon and will ensure the area around Base Auckland continues to be a vibrant, pedestrian friendly space to enjoy! We hope to welcome you back soon! Kind regards, Gideon Base Crew

EastSeven Berlin Hostel

Berlin, Germany

Five Elements Hostel Frankfurt

Equity Point Metropol

Madrid, Spain

one key for rooms and when someone forgets to return it door stays unlocked. or when someone gets it, falls sleep, you need the spare key to get in the room. internet is only for 30 mn -for free.

Cadiz Inn Backpackers

Cadiz, Spain

bed sheet smelled funny. laundry 8 euro. difficult to find. but nice brezilian staff. this time spain is full with erasmus students looking for places, so it might be difficult to find places in hostels -everybody stays for 4-5 days at least.

Way Hostel

Madrid, Spain

4 people room was great 6 people room was a disaster. last one had no windows, smelled awful and it was impossible to have fresh air. this is a great hostel, a really good one with amazing staff -if you get the right room.

Podgorica Hostel

Podgorica, Montenegro

perfect location easy to find with a map but if you have a problem find the stadium, (impossible to miss) and txt Steve. a lovely hostel (not a hotel) everything is good, steve's advices are priceless. we did max amount of things in minimum amount of time thanks to him. 1 suggestion to improve the place: a kettle

one of the best hostels i\'ve ever been. both a party hostel and a place that you can have some rest. strongly recommended

M&J Hostel

Rome, Italy

no lockers. showers are terrible.

Hostal Castilla I Atocha

Madrid, Spain

perfect place for to/from Atocha.

Hotel Londres

Seville, Spain

good location, good price, comfortable bed

Funky Granada

Granada, Spain

I am an experienced traveler and I hated this one. Even though I had paid, I cut my stay short and left the place. there are many better options in Granada.

Funky Cordoba

Cordoba, Spain

right outside of historical part. easy to find. but could be better.

Alvaro Residencia

Madrid, Spain

it's good but there are better hostels in madrid. it's excellent for an early trip to train station because it's only 10 mn.

Jumbo Stay STF/IYHF

Stockholm, Sweden

it's good if you have a early flight.. the most comfortable bed I slept in stockholm hostels.

City Hostel - Central Station

Stockholm, Sweden

1. I arrived at 1 o\'clock and they didn\'t let me in until 2 o\'clock. there is no luggage room if you arrive early or late. No cafe nearby so waiting is a torture. 2. drinking is not allowed in the hostel. so you\'ll have to go to a bar each and every time you want to drink a beer and it will cost. 3. close to station. perfect for early trains/buses.

City Backpackers Hostel

Stockholm, Sweden

my friend\'s shoes got stolen -you have to take off your shoes before you enter the building. but still, it is one of the best hostels.

City Backpackers Hostel

Stockholm, Sweden

perfect location. both good for calm stays or party -there is nice communal area. smoking is possible at the garden.

HRC Hotel

Madrid, Spain

this is a good price hotel with perfect location. close to everywhere and there are several good price restaurants around. 5 mn walk to subway but you don't need to use it, you can walk everywhere. It's not as crowded and horrible as plaza del sol and no whores around the street. (they are everywhere in turistical part...)

Equity Point Metropol

Madrid, Spain

there are harmless whores in the street 24/7. (they are everywhere in turistical part). nights are loud. walking distance to everywhere. there was blood on the bed sheet, I had my own stuff with me so it wasn\'t a problem but really NOT clean. has smoking part. has a bar -easy to meet with other travelers.

Yesinn @Fortress Hill

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

best place we've stayed in Hong Kong so far.

Guangdong Guest House

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

it\'s a nice place to stay but the Mansion is not really cool.

Dom Sancho I

Lisbon, Portugal

this is a hotel, not a hostel and unnecessarily expensive.

Pensao Cristal

Porto, Portugal

there is a good restaurant just out side.

Alface Bairro Alto Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

they are nice and helpfull people but they don't give you the key for the entrence and sometimes they don't hear the bell ring.

Frankfurt Hostel

perfect location, perfect stuff

Sant Jordi Arago Hostel

Barcelona, Spain

excellent location.

barranco is a safe area.Showers have always hot water. cool hostel staff.from hair cut or leg wax to spanish lessons,they can arrange anything.

nice and helpfull people who doesn't try to sell you tours or doesn't try to ripp you off. they are friendly and very usefull.

Astor Victoria

things get stolen in this hostel very often

Keylany Hotel