Youthhostel Zermatt

Zermatt, Switzerland

I was a bit wary staying at a YHA but I was really impressed. Free breakfast was excellent and the 4 course meal in the evening was great value for money when you consider a basic pasta meal in restaurant is around twenty Swiss francs. Good location and great base to explore the beautiful surroundings. Check in doesn't open until afternoon but lockers to store luggage when you arrive but make sure you have a 2 Swiss franc coin on you.

Downtown-Lodge

Grindelwald, Switzerland

Stayed here in September and had no complaints. Just needed a base so could enjoy the beautiful outdoors. Breakfast was basic but okay and good sized kitchen to cook in the evening. Dorm was a good size. I wasn't too keen on the mixed sex toilet/shower situation and there only seemed to be one shower in my block. I mean who wants to go to toilet when there's someone having a shower in the next cubicle? Luckily when I was there it was quiet so did not have to queue too often for the one shower!

Feel Hostels City Center

Malaga, Spain

This a really nice hostel in a great location. Staff were friendly and the chef guy is very cool and makes a nice paella. Dorms were good with plenty of room and showers were great. Free internet. I would stay again.

Funky Cordoba

Cordoba, Spain

Hostel was okay for a bed for the night. I wont be too critical as hostel not in a big city and in historic area. More a bar/cafe with rooms attached. You have to pay €0.50 for 15 minutes on the internet which is unheard of in a hostel. Dorms were small and shower space tiny. No locker. Nice location though. If same hostel had been in Barcelona for instance it would have been very poor.

Home Youth Hostel

Valencia, Spain

Great location in the heart of Valencia. 3 bed dorm was very spacious. Showers were a bit hit and miss and could be improved. Nice common/kitchen area.I would stay again.

Plug-Inn Boutique Hostel

Paris, France

I needed a bed for a couple of nights whilst I explored Paris and this suited my needs. A little rough round the edges but 6 bed dorm was clean. No real character to the place and staff whilst not unfriendly weren't particularly friendly either and just did the bare minimum. The breakfast was very good and I really liked the location & also near metro. The general consensus seems that all Paris hostels are of pretty poor standard compared to some of the great ones you find in rest of Europe.

Wombats City Hostel Munich

Munich, Germany

As a solo traveler I generally prefer smaller hostels but didn't seem any available in Munich. For a large hostel best one I'v stayed in and strikes a good balance. Busy bar but also separate chill out area. 6 bed dorm was a really good size and great shower. Breakfast good and location excellent. Enjoyed my stay..

Copenhagen Downtown Hostel

Copenhagen, Denmark

Spent the weekend here. The main problem with this hostel is that everything is focused around a very busy large bar. The reception is at the bar which isn't the best place to discuss things when you have people waiting to get served & a member of staff who was probably employed for their bar skills . No separate chill out area. Dorms were small and showers not the best. If travelling solo, unless meet people in your dorm, then quite a hard place to meet people. Location excellent.

U inn Berlin Hostel

Berlin, Germany

I really liked the area where hostel based as a bit more alternative, with lots going on although you can get to main sites easy enough & Metro is 5 min walk away. They also do bike hire which was a great way to see city. Hostel itself seemed quiet , but as came with a friend was perfect for us and could do our own thing. Nice common room, if a little small, and all facilities really good.

Budapest Bubble

Budapest, Hungary

This is such a great hostel. Olga and Gabor who run the hostel are passionate about their city and take great pride in making sure you have the best stay possible. The hostel is small enough to get to know other travellers and there were a good mix of age groups when I was there . It was a very social hostel but at the same time very relaxed. Another big plus is the excellent location which is near to the metro, central market & host of bars/restaurants.

Carpe Noctem Vitae

Budapest, Hungary

This was a nice hostel with friendly staff. Better suited for people under 30 as attracts a younger crowd who like to party hard! So if your young, want to have a good time then go for it. Myself, being over 30, not really for me.

Hedonist Hostel

Belgrade, Serbia

This is a really nice hostel with great staff. Location excellent and dorms really nice. I arrived on Saturday looking forward to meeting fellow travellers who wanted to experience what city had to offer. Dissapointed to find most of hostel had been booked to a large group who were working in Belgrade. This meant that the hostel felt more like a working party HQ. I'm sure if I came any other time I would have had a great time as heard reallly good things about hostel

Hi Mark, thank you for your review! The group that was staying with us was a group of young volunteers who came to Belgrade to monitor the elections in Serbia (held once in 4 years) so it's not common in our hostel. Our hostel generally houses individual travelers from all over the world, so if you come again (hopefully!) I hope you will meet many fellow travelers and enjoy your stay more :))

Hostel Heart of Sarajevo

Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Felt more like a bed for a couple of nights than a hostel. No real engagement from staff as to what city had to offer. Got all my information from the tourist information office. The people who run it always seemed to be arguing!

Hostel Majdas (former Majdas Rooms)

Mostar, Bosnia And Herzegovina

This is what a hostel should be like. Majda is a great host and passionate about her city. Atmosphere at hostel was really nice, and ate some great home cooked food. My bus was delayed by over an hour but poor Majda was still there waiting for me to arrive! Thanks for a lovely stay.

I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel. Location was excellent and really easy to meet fellow travellers. Staff were very friendly and dorms nice as well.

Archi Rossi Hostel

Florence, Italy

Excellent location close to train station and main sites. Quite a large hostel so if you were a solo traveller and wanted to meet people could be hard although so much to see in Florence not really an issue. Breakfast was good, free walking tour and lockers in the room. Showers weren't the best the water being lukewarm. I would stay again.

Hi nice enough hostel with nice roof top terrace in a good location. Hostel is quite large and I was in a 8 bed dorm with 7 students who all knew each other! Luckily I knew some people who I had met in Granada so did not have to rely on hostel for meeting people, but I think it may have been quite hard otherwise as a solo traveller. Seville is beautiful and hostel made a good base. No complaints.

As a solo traveller I had a great time in this hostel and met lots of good people. Hostel is small enough that it is easy to get talking to people, and they arrange some nice trips and try to get everybody involved in things. Location is excellent but re the directions to get to the hostel make sure you get off at the right bust stop as I got off a stop early as advised by a local trying to be helpful which meant I spent ages looking for it!

Equity Point Marrakech

Marrakech, Morocco

Some staff made you book extra nights on the internet rather than doing it at the front desk themselves. All said a nice hostel and would stay again if I came back to Morocco.