Hostel Van Gogh

San Jose, Costa Rica

David is a great guy, very welcoming and helpful. Could have done with lockers in each room but other than that I've no complaints. Would definitely stay there again.

• 13th May 2014

Magnolia Inn

Panama City, Panama

Brilliant location, nice staff and loved the light and power sockets allocated to each bed. I would definitely stay there again if I go back to Panama City.

• 27th Apr 2014

Hostel The Roof

Cartagena, Colombia

This is one of the better value hostels in Cartagena, I stayed there a few times during my month in Colombia. The staff are very friendly and helpful but they could do with having more info readily available for guests. Breakfast is also good although it's never ready for 8am. I liked the power points in the lockers and curtains around the beds.

• 19th Apr 2014

Studio Beach Hostel

Ilha Grande, Brazil

Studio hostel has a great location and a good breakfast but the staff was pretty unfriendly at all times. The cooker for guests didn't work and there was no oil, salt for communal use. The fridge was so packed that it was almost impossible to open so I'm not sure how regularly it was cleaned. However, great location and decent beds and wifi so it was a good choice.

• 29th Jan 2014

Santa Mix Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Loved Santa Mix hostel. Incredibly friendly and welcoming staff, clean rooms, big lockers and just a generally fun and easy atmosphere. I would definitely recommend it as the perfect place to stay in Rio.

• 24th Jan 2014