Globe Backpackers Exeter

Exeter, England

The duvets and pillows were rather dirtier and smellier than average for a backpackers. Otherwise OK

YHA Bristol

Bristol, England

There was actually a kettle and cutlery in the kitchen this time but the members kitchen still feels neglected. Last year the kitchen was always busy but this year not many people were using it. Does the YHA have a policy of phasing out members kitchens and opening expensive cafes instead? Otherwise an excellent hostel. One of the best.

Hatters at Hilton Chambers

Manchester, England

Hatters on Newton Street

Manchester, England

antiquated bathroom but it worked. good social functions

Thanks for your reveiw!! It's true- our bathrooms are a little old-fashioned, but we like to think they add character to our hostel!! Hope we see you again at Hatters!!

Bath Backpackers

Bath, England

New bunks and mattresses make a big difference. Very comfortable. I have stayed here several times and never any problems. Good atmosphere but a bit cramped in the dining/TV area. Bit shabby but clean. Great location for trains, buses, Roman baths and abbey.

The Crown Hotel & Bar

Glastonbury, England

One of my favourite hostels. Plenty of space and no TV in the kitchen/diner. I'm a regular customer and have made friends with some excellent people there. Noisy from the pub on thursday to saturday but good if you like karaoke/live music. No piped music upstairs in the backpackers so mostly peaceful.

Bath Backpackers

Bath, England

good value for money and excellent location less than 5 minutes walk from station, bus staion /Abbey/Roman Baths and main shopping centre.

Base Auckland

Auckland, New Zealand

Most of the time I slept with jet lag after trip from UK. Very comfortable bed.

Excellent hostel. Geared up for young people and having a good time but I felt good there too. I didn't notice any noise from the bar either but I was on the 4th floor. Good lift. Excellent breakfast for 3.50 euros.

Invitation Hotel

Cairo, Egypt

Good cheap hotel. Clean. Busy road, lots of cars but no trucks. Egypt museum and Ramses Hilton close enough to count window panes. Buses to Giza over the road. Comfortable clean beds.

The Australian Hostel

Cairo, Egypt

Spotless except on friday when the cleaner was not there. Comfortable clean beds, hotel standard decor. I booked for a week and stayed for nearly three. The only complaint I had was too much cigarette smoke coming from the lounge so I was put in a better room in an annexe for the same price and had no more problem. It would be great if this Hostel could make the annexe non smoking and have a female dorm. Excellent value.I always felt safe as a woman on my own.

York Youth Hotel

York, England

It was very cold in the kitchen and dining room. The kitchen ceiling was dirty and very greasy. Otherwise OK.

YHA London St Pauls

The weak point in the hostel is the cafeteria which is not well run. Breakfast is high fat and high sugar and is not efficiently run. There is one man trying to serve cooked breakfast, refill the milk jugs, cereal bowls, etc Some things have been unavailable or run out by 9am. (breakfast goes until 9-30am) Cups, glasses regularly run out and that's another wait. The evening meals are overpriced and low in quality, especially hamburgers. I have stayed in this hostel many times and it is still the one I choose out of all others in London.

YHA London St Pauls

The cafeteria could be run much better.