Reviews: ryanalbarelli

Location: USA, Gender: Male, Age: 33

TANAKA-ya

Kyoto, Japan

Enjoyed staying here with my wife and 6 month old infant. The owner is very nice and saw us off each morning. There is a 24/7 laundry a few blocks north. Only a handful of rooms. One shower.

Homeikan

Tokyo, Japan

My wife and I stayed for four nights at the Morikawa Bekkan Annex with our 6 month old infant. I liked that the place was clean and quiet, if a bit dormy looking in the hallways (which I'm ok with). Free umbrellas to use during the day was a help. Staff was helpful. The walk to the Hongo San Chome station (the one you would usually want to use) was further than I would have liked with a baby, but not a big deal.

The Birches Backpackers Lodge

Johannesburg, South Africa

Stayed here in January. Decent house to stay a few nights.

Funny Palace Hostel

Rome, Italy

On check-in, the staff member showed me how to save 16euro on my trip to the airport, gave me a bottle of wine and walked me all the way to my room on the 3rd floor of a different building. Enough said.

Astoria Hotel

Bologna, Italy

Staff let us keep our bags in the back room. If you get an apartment, it can be a 5-10 minute walk away from the front desk where breakfast and check-out is. Breakfast was good, staff were polite, but not necessarily friendly like an owner of a smaller place.

Zen House B&B

Rome, Italy

Good place. Location is 10 minutes from the metro and very close to several bus stops. The staff provided a very good bus map and the buses are easy if you buy the 3-day system-wide pass from a metro station for 11euro. The place looked very nice inside.

AAE Bourbon House Hostel

New Orleans, USA

Good place if you're going to the convention center (walkable distance in daylight). Also near a walmart if you need supplies.

AAE Bourbon House Hostel

New Orleans, USA

Maple Leaf Guesthouse

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Staff was helpful in assisting me in finding a room in a nearby guesthouse when I showed up a day early. The room I stayed in was extremely well laid out for its size. Many times with small rooms you find many annoying things like poor power outlet location, noisy fan, broken door, faulty sink, etc. At the Maple Leaf, I felt everything was nearly perfect designed in my room (it does seem relatively newly renovated). I'll return here again!

Hayarkon 48 Hostel

Tel Aviv, Israel

We stayed in their best room on the top floor in the corner with ensuite bathroom. 3rd floor balcony looks out onto some of the beach nearby and you have a nice view of the Orchard hotel next door. Able to dry things on the balcony and the shower had plenty of pressure and was high enough for tall people like me. WiFi doesn't work on the third floor, so you have to walk down a couple flights or sit on the lobby bench.

New Palm Hostel

Jerusalem, Israel

The staff wasn't all that excited about customers. They did give me some toilet paper when they realized I didn't have any (I was expecting it to cost a fee). We had a private room and the bathroom was pretty small (shower head behind the door). The private rooms on the hotel side were just what we needed as far as a bed to sleep in and a bathroom to cleanup in.

Mosaic City Hotel

Madaba, Jordan

We had a rental car and easily drove here from the airport. They have an area to park your car and 24 hour desk to buzz you in the front door. Room was clean and spacious.

Railway Square YHA

Sydney, Australia

As excellent as when I stayed here 5 years ago.

LEE & NO Guesthouse & Hostel

Seoul, South Korea

Good place to stay. Mr. Lee is a helpful guy.

Was a decent place to stay, probably one of the better deals you\'ll get in Waikiki.

HI - Washington DC

Washington DC, USA

A good place to stay. Showers weren't the best, but they were clean. Rooms were clean and bunk beds were extremely sturdy. Magnetic key card system was horrible, but tolerable if you live on the third floor near the lobby or have a friend to stay in the room.

Ryan: I'm glad to read that, overall, you had a nice stay. However, the key cards are giving many of our guests significant difficulty. In earlier responses, I have written about the steps we are taking to alleviate the problem you (and other hostellers) are having. These include new key cards, a new key card maker, and maintenance on the door locks. The key card maker is the last remaining piece of the puzzle. Once we receive the new key card maker, all of us at HI-DC hope that the situation will be resolved. Thank you for your patience with this trying issue. -- Mark Schneider, General Manager HI-DC

RC Miguel Angel

Madrid, Spain

A family run place that is only a minute\'s walk to a major metro stop (Sol). I stayed in a 6 person room and didn\'t have any problem using the two shared bathrooms in the hallway. This was the only place I stayed at in Spain that had lockers in the room to store your bag. They even provide you a lock and key.

Sant Jordi Diagonal Hostel

Barcelona, Spain

This was an average place with a good location. Some pros are that it\'s just down the street from a major metro stop and they have 4 internet computers free to use. You also carry your key with you. The shower room was ok but there seemed to be water on the floor a lot. The toilet rooms were too small and had some kind of annoying smell that I can\'t describe (but at least isn\'t any type of sewage smell).

Home Youth Hostel

Valencia, Spain

I stayed here in a 2-bed room with my wife in May 2007. This is one of those hostels you wish you could pack and take along with you to your next city. You can tell they have traveled because everything is anticipated. They check who you are before giving you the key (something I\'ve never seen before). The bathrooms are newly renovated and spacious for those of us not brought up in urban Europe. A full kitchen with new

Hostal Nevada

Granada, Spain

I stayed in a double-bed room with my wife in 2007. The room had a shower in it, but there were two toilets accessed via the hallway.

Hotel Riviera Cordoba

Cordoba, Spain

This is a hotel not a hostel, but all the same it was a nice place to stay. I ended up booking two single rooms for my wife and I because it was the week of the annual fair. The single room had its own bathroom including tub/shower. A/C in room during the day.

Hostal La Fuente

Cordoba, Spain

My wife and I stayed in a double-bed room in May 2007. It turned out to be the street-level apartment across the street so we had our own full bathroom, full kitchen, and table to eat at. Was a bit noisy in the morning with the street being so close out the window. Can\'t beat the price if you get this particular room.

Alvaro Residencia

Madrid, Spain

I stayed in a twin-bed room wtih my wife in May 2007. Quiet place with only a handful of rooms. Free use of internet computer. Three keys needed between street and your room so I felt it was safe. Good location up the street from TdM metro stop, only 4 stops away from the Renfe station.

A very nice, quiet place to stay. No lockers, but the building is treated as a home and kept locked most of the time. Thanks George

Balco Harmony Hostel

Sliema, Malta

Stayed here in 2005 and felt it was one

Friend's Hostel

Paris, France

Put the number onto "room 13". You have 14 beds in the room and no number? Its so little work to do and would be so helpful to everyone. Also, fix the smell in the kitchen sink.