Location: USA, Gender: Male, Age: 37

Biergarten Hostel

Ilha Grande, Brazil

This place has pretty good breakfast, and the staff are very helpful. There is a restaurant by weight right at the hostel, which make it a lot easier to decide except they close on Tuesday. Didn't stay in other hostels on the island, but they've got a balcony with hammocks & a TV w/ bar to kill time with. You definitely will feel there's enough space to do whatever you like.

eHostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The problem with this hostel is that they don't have wifi in the rooms, but only in the small lobby area. They have way more beds than the few seats/sofas in the lobby area, so it is a huge draw back for me. Another issue while I was staying there was that they have this movement-sensor light activation installed in bathrooms. But not in the shower area, so when I went to shower in the night and nobody came into the bathroom, the bathroom turned completely dark. That left me quite shocked.

Harmonia

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The staff in this hostel are very friendly and helpful, which made all the differences. The hostel, like all places in Rio, is not very spacious, but they kept the place clean. The only issue I had was that there was not hot water in the last day of my staying. Otherwise, a good place to stay with good breakfast.

The hot water is an issue we have been working on over the last month and it at periods it has not been working, after using several several service companies we finally were able to find one that could locate the problem. Our hot water is again workeing very well. We are sorry for the inconvenience!

Manga Hostel Lapa – Rio

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The staff there are very friendly and helpful. The place is located near the business district. It is in Lapa area where a lot of bars & restaurants are becoming vibrant on Thursday through the weekend. The beds are pretty clean, but they need to figure out how to reduce the number of mosquitos there.