Fukuoka Hana Hostel

Fukuoka City, Japan

This hostel was awesome. The woman on reception was sooooo friendly, I don't think I've ever met anyone as friendly in any other hostel! We stayed in the double room which had a really comfortable japanese style futon bed. The bathroom was tiny so if you're tall it might be a problem but it was fine for me. The rooftop was great with a nice view of the area. Lots of bars and restaurants and a big shopping mall very close.

• 6th May 2014

SPA Hostel Khaosan Beppu

Beppu Spa City Oita, Japan

This was a really nice hostel in the beautiful little town of Beppu. I couldn't see any directions on hostel world but if you go into the information centre at the train station the staff will show you how to get there. It's about 10 mins from the station. The rooms were very clean, and the beds were super comfortable, with curtains for privacy. The onsen in the hostel was lovely, very small but a great way to experience the onsen as we didn't have much time to explore the others in the area.

• 5th May 2014

Hostel Q

Osaka, Japan

This hostel was so nice! We stayed in the double room and it was very clean, although quite cold in the evening and couldn't figure out how to turn on the heat as only the A/C would come on. The receptionist was so friendly and helpful when we arrived. The location is excellent, right beside the bridge near Dotonbori. There's a code to access the door at night, don't forget it because it's impossible to get into the hostel without it, there's no one on reception through the night.

• 31st Jan 2014

Had quite a nice time staying in this hostel. It was fun to try sleeping in a capsule. The capsule itself was clean and comfortable although I woke up several times in the night because it was far too hot. Sometimes the aircon was working in the capsule but I wasn't sure how to control it. The women's area was nice because there weren't many people. The sauna and bath area was small but very nice.

• 30th Jan 2014

Paris Guesthouse

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

This hostel was in a great location, right on Nathan road and 2 mins from the ferry terminal. the room was very clean and the manager was really friendly and helpful. There is a problem with men standing outside the building so i felt a little intimidated (being a woman on my own) but i didnt have any problems. the manager sent someone down to meet me at my arrival time so that i was taken to the right hostel. i recommend emailing in advance to arrange this as it really helped me out! Thanks!!

Travel Joy Hostels Chelsea

Very friendly staff! bit of a walk from the underground if you have heavy bags :(

Pension Sun

Krakow, Poland

Lovely hostel, very clean with nice big spacious rooms. Very quiet too but right beside the galeria and rynek. friendly owner also :) Had a lovely time, thanks :)