Location: USA, Gender: Female, Age: 42

Loved it! Fantastic staff!

Such great staff; superb location; modern and spacious rooms.

Bangkok, Thailand

Love this place! I use it as my Bangkok base. I was lucky enough to get a surprise free upgrade! Was it because I stayed there 8 times in the past three months? LubD staff are consistently up to date on the latest local happenings, meaning political situation and tourist scams. I feel very safe and cared for during my stay. Thank you!

Dear Guest, Thank you very much for staying with us so many times. Due to our renovation in Ladies dormitory, we have to upgrade someone, so you are the first priority to upgrade because you are our lovely guest. Thank you for always choosing us. :) Wasin (JoJo) Hostel Manager

In Da Lodge

Ubud, Indonesia

I loved this place! Mellow, good vibe, and nice touches.

Bangkok, Thailand

Always happy to be a returning guest! The location can't be beat! Really wonderful staff, and they even remembered what I like for breakfast! :) Comfortable sleep, good showers, and a friendly vibe.

Vallarta Sun Hostel

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

The Happy Mango Tree

The Happy Mango Tree

Ubud, Indonesia

A new place, with a fixer-upper feel to it in its early stages. Excellent location on a quiet street, with a rice paddy next door, and very good restaurants all around. The main street is also just around the corner. The WiFi is very weak, so I would just go to the pizza place or another restaurant to use the much stronger WiFi. The upstairs bathrooms are gross; use the much nicer ones downstairs. Also, the outlets next to the beds don't work. These are minor issues; I would stay here again.

Awesomeness all around in location, comfortable dorms, clean bathrooms, and well, everything that you can ask for in a hostel. Surprisingly and pleasantly quiet for a popular place with streams of travelers.

Sanlitun Youth Hostel

1Yolo

Siam Journey Guesthouse

Bangkok, Thailand

A small, non-party, low-key hostel, which is what I wanted. The location can be a bit hard to find at first, but after you know it, it's easy. I like that the lockers were outside of the rooms. This is a good option if you want to be near the airport, since it's off the airport link.

This place is great all around! As a solo traveler, I always meet people here to snowboard with. It's laid back, not a party place, and just the right amount of low-key. The dorms are warm, the beds are comfy-- what more could you want? You can walk to restaurants, onsens and Hakuba-Goryu.

Sanlitun Youth Hostel

Beijing, China

Thought the dorms were spacious (relatively speaking). Bathrooms were spotless. Awesome location. Great vibe.

Thank you very much. hope you have a nice time in China.

I had low expectations since the staff did not answer my emails; the two listed phone numbers did not work; and the airport pick-up offered on hostelworld was actually not available. However, when we arrived, it turned out to be a cheerful, bright hostel with a great front desk staff. Great common room, spacious dorms and even comfortable beds! The directions in Lonely Planet are terrible. Just take the BTS metro to the South Square stop, and you'll be about 5 minutes walk away on the main road.

A busy hostel in a fantastic location. The staff are super cool, and I love that it was started by 3 university friends who wanted to live somewhere and do something different. Keep in mind that facilities in Kashgar (and China in general) are usually pretty basic, so get used to the hostel's squat toilets, inconsistent hot water, and rock hard beds. At times, it seemed that they were a bit understaffed and food service was slow but the coffee and dishes were fab. This place has so much heart!!

Link Corner Hostel

Link Corner Hostel

Bangkok, Thailand

Great location if you want to be close to the airport link, but it's far from the happening part of Bangkok. The common room has a good place to chill and check your email. Clean, but one faucet was a bit wobbly, one locker was broken, the hairdryer didn't work, and the bathroom ran out of toilet paper.

Beijing, China

Glad this is not a party place; but a chill-out kinda place.

Beijing, China

Love it! Very central location.

Kyoya Ryokan

Nagoya, Japan

What an amazing place to stay. Worth going to Nagoya just for this place! The manager was also really kind.

Beijing, China

Great rooftop terrace to have breakfast! Awesome location; down two short blocks from the subway. Dorms were small but clean with comfy beds.

Great new place! Beautiful architecture and modern facilities! Superb value!

Cinderella Apartment

Cinderella Apartment

Beijing, China

I chose this location since it was near my 4 week Chinese language school. Banks, fruit stands, a shopping mall are walking distance. Staff are excellent and speak English. To go downtown/tourist areas, it takes an hour on the metro. Great value for my single room w/ shared bathroom and kitchenette. Daily housekeeping! The downside= poor lighting in the room, thin walls and no policy on people smoking in the room next to me. Free wi-fi and good brewed coffee for 5 yuan in the lobby.

Pak-Up Hostel

Krabi, Thailand

Great value; walking distance to markets, pier, and good times.

Saphaipae Hostel

Bangkok, Thailand

I've been using Bangkok as my transit point in my travels, and this is my new fave guesthouse! Awesome value for comfy beds, spacious dorms, quietness, & fair prices for their in-house restaurant and services. Excellent staff. Yes, it is near a BTS but the neighborhood itself doesn't have much to offer if you're looking for food stalls, foot massages, shopping. Walking back at night wasn't very well lit for about a block, but it's only a small section.

Little Hanoi Hostel

Hanoi, Vietnam

Great value for the price. We had a twin room with down comforters, ensuite bathroom with hot water, breakfast, fruit, and TV (which came in handy when my sister was sick). The front desk can change money, book quality tours and will go out of their way to help you. At times, the customer service was a bit too much but their interntion was good.

Dai Long Hotel

Hoi An, Vietnam

Hiem Mai Hotel

Nha Trang, Vietnam

Very kind staff, sweet rooms and awesome location!

• 21st Jan 2011
  • Globetrotter
  • US Virgin Islands

Bangkok, Thailand

Excellent location next to the BTS. Very reasonable prices for breakfast, laundry, etc. Spacious dorms.

Khaosan Tokyo Original

Tokyo, Japan

Equator Hostel

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Great laid-back place. The written directions were a bit tricky to follow (and the locals had various interpretations) but the map helped.

An excellent place to stay. Great staff and value. The free staff tour of Gion is highly recommended.

Tone on Lex

New York, USA

Mice in our dorm that came out from under the bed even when the lights were on! A fight (amongst hostelers) outside our room that woke me up at 4 am! This place has lots of potential, but they need to ditch the Wed. night pub crawl and get rid of the rodents.

Agora Hostel and Guesthouse

Istanbul, Turkey

Finally! Staff that show normal/appropriate amounts of friendliness! Fantastic showers, spacious dorms, lockers that actually fit backpacks, sturdy bunks, hooks for hanging stuff in the bathroom. Oh, and A/C!! You won't find a better place in Istanbul.

Great neighborhood. The lady (manager?) at the front desk was nice, but the guy on the night shift was not. He made 2 rude comments about my Taiwanese background. Also, upon check-in, the guy wouldn't give me a receipt for my room payment until I persisted. Then he asked for 200 RMB more (about USD$30) for a room deposit key. This exceeds the standard amount at other hostels. He was the only negative experience I had during my 4 days in Beijing.

thanks for your comments, we will check it with the night time staff, and we hope we could improve our service upon it.

Black Sheep Hostel

Cologne, Germany

they are re-decorating, so this place will be looking spiffy when it is all done. good coffee and tea in the common room. very noisy in the dorm room facing the street, with the tram.

Fattoria di Cavaglioni

Siena, Italy

A quiet place about 25 minutes from town. Buses come once an hour, but it's easy to find. Breakfast is just bread and tea/coffee, but it's nicely done. Reception is not 24 hours, so call ahead to make sure there's someone there to welcome you!

Just to be a little precise our breakfast is: coffee, milk, 5 types of tea, two types of orange juice, croissants and bread cooked every morning, 3 types of jam and butter. Regarding the reception, is a guesthouse, so, no, there isn't a 24 hors reception, but the day of your arrival there is always sombody ready to open our home for you and welcome you! On the other hand is very nice of you to let us know you arrival time!

Crazy Holiday

Rome, Italy

This is one of those places where you check-in at one building, but you stay in another area about 5 minutes away. Hostelworld had directions that were incorrect and different from the physical address, so I ended up walking around for an hour trying to find this place. It was about 3 minutes walk from the metro, but not in the best neighborhood. The showers were very small, and breakfast was basic.

Dear Sir, I'm very sorry that you spent 3 hours finding us but we think that the directions are clear. All rooms have ensuite bathroom, not all the rooms are big but they have all the facilities. Breakfast is served at the bar and a continental breakfast consists of: Croissant or toast cappuccino or coffee + some cookies inside the kitchen.....do you think that this breakfast is basic ? The cleaning woman makes up the rooms every day, every 2 days we change towels and blankets. Inside the room you can make coffee toast, I always leave there bread, cookies and some Coca Cola. This is included in the 70 Euro per room price (double). Best Regards Damiano

Godzillas Hostel

Moscow, Russia

This is an excellent hostel! Everything is IKEA-- the down comforter, the coffee mugs, the bed frames... so it's modern looking and high quality. The location is convenient, in terms of easy to find, 5 minutes from the metro, and lots of cafes nearby. It's great value!