Haven

Alice Springs, Australia

I only spent one night at Haven so didn't get to explore it much but it was only average. The room was pretty big but there were no lockers and my sheets had holes in them and the pillow was covered in stains. Both towel racks in the bathroom were broken so there was nowhere to hang anything. No soap provided in the bathroom and the lights above each bed didn't work either. Not an amazing hostel.

Nomads Melbourne

Melbourne, Australia

I only stayed one night in Nomads so didn't really get to spend too much time there. However my stay certainly wasn't amazing. There's only a few showers and toilets per floor which are always busy and lacking in toilet paper. The floor in the shower room was also a death trap when wet as it was ridiculously slippy! The kitchen was tiny and messy when I stuck my head in. My room however was really clean and nice. Not the worst hostel I've been to but not that great either.

The Nunnery

Melbourne, Australia

I really enjoyed my stay at The Nunnery. The building is a bit old so can look a bit run down in places but the great staff, great atmosphere and free breakfast make up for this. The tram runs right past the hostel so its very easy to get to and also really close to lots of great bars and cafes and not too far from the city centre either. The staff were all really friendly and organised a great pub crawl and there was also a free sausage sizzle. Would definitely recommend!

I expected Gilligans to be a non stop party hostel but in fact was pleasantly surprised that it was a lot more relaxed than I envisioned. They could do with more toilets on each floor as if someone is using the bathroom in your room, you just have to wait until they're finished. Staff were ok but didnt really give me any info when I checked in on any of the facilities. Best part was the free meal with the purchase of any drink.

Railway Square YHA

Sydney, Australia

Great location, great staff, really clean but needs more plugs in the room

Wake Up! Sydney Central

Sydney, Australia

Great place to stay, lots of stuff always going on and the kitchen was fantastic. Definitely need more plugs/sockets in the rooms though as we only had two for eight people! Also, there should be an area to store luggage for free when you check out!

Railway Square YHA

Sydney, Australia

Railway Square was a really nice place to stay, really clean and modern! However it could definitely do with more plugs/sockets in the rooms, perhaps one near each bed. The storage lockers were also expensive which was a pity

Aquarius Backpackers Byron Bay

Byron Bay, Australia

Aquarius Backpackers Byron Bay

Byron Bay, Australia

The hostel was pretty good although my room was quite messy because some of the other guests left their stuff everywhere. The reception was closed when I checked out but thankfully the staff refunded my key deposit when I posted back the key.

Global Village Backpackers

Toronto, Canada

Great location, really friendly and helpful staff and a great atmosphere but could definitely do with a good clean!

La Dolce Vita Bolivia

Sucre, Bolivia

Great place to stay, really nice rooms, staff are very friendly and helpful.

Great place to stay! Really comfy beds, hot showers, storage lockers and boxes, great food and bar, lots of fun events. Location is really close to shops and restaurants too. Definitely recommend Loki!!

Casa Mar Taganga

Taganga, Colombia

We booked into this hostel for one night. However when we turned up, the doors were locked, no one answered and we had to stay elsewhere. when we checked our email, the owner had emailed to say the hostel had been booked out by 10 people despite our reservation. He did however offer to put us up elsewhere and pay the difference but by this time it was too late. We also lost our deposit although we contacted Hosteworld about it but never got any reply.

Destino N�mada

Bogota, Colombia

Arrived here late in the evening after a flight from Mexico and it took a while for the taxi driver to find the place. The hostel itself seemed quite nice but seemed very quiet even though it wasn´t that late. Our room was quite nice and we slept really well. We had to leave early the next morning so we didn´t really spend much time here. The hostel itself is quite nice and the staff were very helpful but it didn´t have much atmosphere when we were there.

Kilronan Hostel

Aran Islands, Ireland

Cheers for the pint Dave!