Budget Mapesbury Hostel

The price was good, however not worth it. Wasnt very clean, which we could have delt with. However the bathroom carpet had a horrible mold smell making the entire room unpleasant to be in. Tried to get a refund and leave but that wasnt possible either. Staff were friendly to speak with but couldnt help. Good response time before arrival. A bit slow responding to request such as towels which were supposed to be provided and refund info. Also, wasnt a hostel really and not as depicted in add

• 28th Jun 2013

Baroque Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

Great Hostel- just on the outskirts of the city. A five min walk to the very cheap metro or you could walk to the river in probably 20-25 min as well. They do have bikes they will let you use but didn't try as it was raining. The bathrooms were by far the cleanest I've ever seen in a hostel. The staff where very friendly and helpful. It was a bit quite 2 or the 3 nights I was there.

Thanks John for staying with us and the nice comment you made. I'm only confused a bit as you are talking about 'outskirts of the city' which should be a misunderstanding maybe, as we are just at the City Park/Heroes Square, the area even legally/goolglely belongs to the downtown :-) Don't be afraid guys, everything is within reach in 30 minutes, no need of long walks.