The Cat's Pajamas Hostel

Berlin, Germany

Great hostel - the first place I have ever stayed in that has ensuite shower and loo. Had a really great night's sleep. Has a huge kitchen if you want to cook your own food, but I found the common area a little unsociable, but can't really criticise the hostel for that - just an observation if you are travelling solo.

This is a great hostel, good place for starting a trip round Georgia. Most flights arrive at Tbilisi airport very early in the morning, and they can sort you out with a taxi pick up. Good location just off Rustaveli. Has kitchen, and a fridge with beer in and a hostel cat. We were there in March, but I imagine it gets busy in the summer, so book early to avoid disappointment.

Circus Hostel

Berlin, Germany

I still like this hostel very much. Very well run. But management have renovated the bar since I last stayed. I can see what they are trying to achieve, but hasn't really worked - the upstairs bar has zero atmosphere. Too well lit, feels like the breakfast room...which it is. I would still recommend the hostel, but not as good as it used to be for solo travellers.

EastSeven Berlin Hostel

Berlin, Germany

Great hostel in very convenient location. Relaxed and welcoming, not a "party hostel", no bar but friendly common room and kitchen where you can cook yourself. I stayed in mid November, and the 8 bed dorm was full, so it obviously is popular even out of season, so book early to avoid disappointment!

Five Elements Hostel Frankfurt

Frankfurt, Germany

The hostel is an island of virtue, in a sea of depravity.

Bada Bing Hostel Istanbul

Istanbul, Turkey

Good hostel. There were people who moved back to this hostel, after trying others in Istanbul, saying that they much prefered the Bada Bing. Staff try really hard, particularly Denisz the barmaid. One thing I should mention is the location in a side street is really quite hard to find. Not helped by the fact I confused "Kadekoy" with "Karakoy" which are completely different areas.

Deeps Hostel

Ankara, Turkey

Nice friendly hostel Actually wished I stayed longer and saw a bit more of the city.

Circus Hostel

Berlin, Germany

This is a really well run hostel, and a pleasure to stay at. The staff are great, and management have thought hard about what people value in a hostel, for instance breakfast goes through to 1pm, important for a late night party city like Berlin. You can probably find cheaper in Berlin, but the location is excellent, and there are lots of "perks" from staying: such as bar events (eg Karoake, a quiz) and walking tours that break the ice with other guests staying. Highly recommended.

Tallinn Backpackers

Tallinn, Estonia

I really like this hostel, staff look after you well. They have a rule that no facebook after 7.30pm in the common room, which is a great idea so people mix, and should be adopted by more hostels. They also get people mixing with aussie drinking games.

Hostel Posty Bremen

Bremen, Germany

Good hostel, easy to find right near the station.

Thank you very much for your rating! We hope to see you soon again. The hostel-posty Team

PLUS Berlin

Berlin, Germany

This is a good hostel. But I was travelling on my own, and it would have benefitted from a "stam tisch" so other solo travellers or small groups could socialise. But I really liked the swimming pool and sauna!

A Hostel

Vilnius, Lithuania

Great hostel. Flight arrived at 3.30AM and they arranged for a taxi to pick me up. The staff are very proactive at organising trips to places like Kakheti or Kazbegi, or just doing a bar b q on the terrace!

The Babushka Grand Hostel

Odessa, Ukraine

This is a good hostel, in an large apartment. Reminds me a bit of hostel Terviseks in Tartu, Estonia if you have ever stayed there. Staff really helpful and friendly, including ordering me a taxi when I arrived late at night at Odessa airport. The taxi drivers at the airport wanted to charge me 250 hrvynia, whereas the hostel got me a taxi for less than 50.

Hostel Oki Doki

Warsaw, Poland

Very fun lively hostel. Large lockers in the rooms to store stuff. Friendly staff, happy hour at the bar, plus a sociable common room. Enjoyed my stay

Hostel Terviseks

Tartu, Estonia

This place is a small, cosy hostel in a very good location. Staff have integrated into Estonian life, so some quite interesting Estonian people and foreigners who have been living in Estonia for a while come and stay. I'd say that to get the best out of staying at the hostel you should stay at least a week.