Reviews: fordescortverde

Location: Spain, Gender: Male, Age: 31

JV's Hostel

Taipei, Taiwan

Awesome stay at JV's. Staff was really helpful with our late arrival, providing a taxi cheaper than the regular one. It was necessary for us to be guided by the driver, since it is dificult to find. We were placed in the annex, that is very quiet, so that was perfect for us. Room very clean and even with fridge! On departure (very rainy) a member of the staff went to the street with us and found us a taxi. They really care! My choice if I re-visit Taipei.

• 16th Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 31-40

MNL Boracay Beach Hostel

Boracay Island, Philippines

This is paradise. Less than 10 minutes walking from White Beach, but far enough to avoid night noise. Breakfast was superb, and served on the rooftop with nice views and chill-out music. Helpful staff and people cleaning common areas almost 24/7. My choice if I visit Boracay again.

Our Melting Pot

Manila, Philippines

Good location, in a very lively area. Staff is really helpful and even give you a welcome mango juice. Our room had air conditioner, and showers were acceptably clean. It will be my choice if I come back to Manila. Especial thanks to Elvie, who organized a great trip for us to visit Taal Volcano.

Check Inn HK

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Easy to find, ten minutes walk from metro station. Safe and quiet area at night. Our room was a bit narrow (triple) but lucikily the air conditioner was not very noisy. Staff is really nice and helpful, we could even buy our octopus transport card there. Would stay there again for sure.

It is almost a luxury hotel placed in a convinient área full of restaurants. Quiet at night we slept in level 21 with awesome views of the city. In addition, I lost my camera in a public bus and they did all they could from reception so I could take it back. Would go back again for sure.

Check Inn HK

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Global Village

Belfast, Northern Ireland

Placed a bit far from city centre, but in a safe area. Staff help a lot but they had a problem and didn't accept cards so I had to look for an ATM which was a bit of a headache. Breakfast is included and in overall is very clean, Would recommend if you have your own vehícle (or like walking)

Placed in a perfect área, close to many attractions and the templé bar district, but far enough to avoid noise at night (except for the bar downstairs). Staff really helpful and breakfast is huge. Our private bathroom was very clean but the beds were a bit noisy. Would go there again for sure.

Sol de Mallorca

Palma de Mallorca, Spain

Location is good, 1 minute walk to the beach, but El Arenal area is not at its best in April. The hostel was much more than I expexted for what I paid for a double room, clean, safe and very quiet. I would definitely go there again.

YHA London Central

My place to stay when I visit London. Clean rooms, confortable beds and perfect location. Very noisy neighbours this time, but that's a matter of luck! Would go again for sure!

Second staying in this hostel. Placed in a safe neighbourhood and in a ten minutes walk from metro station. Not a place to meet other backpackers, it is more like a small hotel, which is what I was looking for. Will come back here again if I re visit París.

Hostel Riad Marrakech Rouge

Marrakech, Morocco

Amazing place to go. Located just in the middle of the Old Marrakech Medina. Fantastic atmosphere, welcome tea and shisha. Staff always ready to help and 24hours reception. Only one issue, there is no signal around to find the place, it should be better signalized. I Would definitely go back there if I re-visit Marrakech

Placed 10 minutes walking to the main square, in a quiet area. We got a four bed room for two people and the made it private. It is not especially cheap, but it is ok for Italy average prices. Breakfast is worth paying 3€, but they didn´t give us towels and WiFi didn´t reach our room. If I ever go to Trento again, I will choose this place.

Patio Hostel

Bratislava, Slovakia

Good location, close to the old town. Free parking, but unluckily it was full when we arrived. Breakfast was a take away bag for 2€. Very near to a street full of pubs. I will stay there again if I go to Bratislava.

Mundo Hostel

Krakow, Poland

Nice thematic rooms. Placed 10 minutes walking fron Market Square. Breakfast included but not towels. WiFi reached our room, which was perfect. I would stay there again for sure.

Hostel Helvetia

Warsaw, Poland

The location is good, not exactly in the main central area, but a short walking. Common area close at night, and internet was not reachable from my bedroom. Breakfast is very good, but they don't provide towels for free. I would stay here again.

Jimmy Jumps House/Hostel

Vilnius, Lithuania

They let us our car in for free, which was great since it is in an area where it's difficult to park. The mini apartment was nice, but It was my mistake because I thought 2bed meant two beds, so they gave me a duvet, and one of us slept in a sofa which was quite comfortable too. The thing is that everything had tons of dust, It hadn't been cleaned recently, and the shared bathroom shower wasn't very clean neither. Breakfast is from 9, but there was nothing there at 9:30. I would stay again.

Hey! A lot of people, because the way hostelworld doesnt make it very clear when booking, confuse a double meaning two singles. They put 'twin' in there as well to make things really fun. Whats a twin? two singles pushed together? two singles separate? Who knows? Ha ha As for the dust, the cleaning team made a thorough and concerted effort giving the apartment a good shake down, returning it to its former glories! Safe travels!

Central Hostel Riga

Riga, Latvia

Lovely staff, helped with everything, and gave a latvian typical drink shot for welcome! They have free parking, towels, wifi and breakfast (yummy), and rooms are quite big and with lots of light. The area seems a bit shady, but it is only a first impression, it is pretty safe actually. I will definitely stay there if I visit Riga again.

Hostel Stadion

Helsinki, Finland

Placed in a 15 min. walk from the city centre, you will be sleeping inside the Helsinki stadium facilities. Too many people for the common showers, that have no curtains. It is worth paying for the breakfast, and they provide towels and wifi. I would sleep there again.

Haus Sparkuhl Hotel Garni

Hannover, Germany

It's a long distance walking from city centre. It is not placed in the outskirts, but pretty close. There is a tram station quite near, however. It is much more like a motel, but the area seems to be safe. It was quite clean and they have Wi-Fi, but breakfast is not included.

This is a small hotel nine stops away from Tour Effiel. This is not the place to go to meet people in a common room, which was ok for me. Breakfast is not included, but there are lots of places around, including a McDonalds. Metro is a 8-10 min walking from the hostel door, and the area is pretty safe. Will go again is I visit Paris.

San Sebastian Beach Hostel

San Sebastian, Spain

Placed in a good location, comfortable beds, staff was really helpful, but you must speak english. It's actually an old third floor in a building turned into a hostel, which helps you make you feel like home. Really silent at night, althought we left windows open. The lockers could not be closed at all, but actually I felt safe all the time. Towels provided. Will visit again for sure.

Vila Veselova

Ljubljana, Slovenia

We were received with a welcome meeting, they offered many interesting trips around slovenia, but we were staying only for one night so we couldnt take any of them. The location seems to be in the outskirts, but actually is 7 minutes walking to the city centre with the main attractions. Breakfast included as well as tons of information in the reception desk. Will definitely come back again if I go to Ljubliana!

• 3rd May 2013
  • All Male Group, 31-40

Wombats City Hostel Munich

Munich, Germany

Awesome hostel. Rooms are huge, clean, and beds are comfortable. They provided towels for free, and also included a free drink in their amazing bar) They gave me really useful information at reception, and could park my car for 13€/night in their own garage. The only thing I missed was the free breakfast, but it only cost 3'40 all-you-can-eat, which is quite fair. Location is superb, just 5 minutes walking to old town and 10 to Marienplatz. Will definitely come back again if I go to Munich.

Langstars

Zurich, Switzerland

Excellent staff, they helped me sort everything out with the police to park my car in the area. Rooms were clean and beds comfortable. They supplied free towels if needed. Common room in my floor, which was nice. Lots of things going on at night at the hostel bar, like improvised jams and stuff. It is located in a 15 min. walk to old town Zurich, the area may be shocking at first, since it is the red light district, but you have nothing to fear, on the contrary, it can be interesting at night.

American Dream Hostel

New York, USA

We couldn't make it to New York due to a problem with our flghts, but they understaood us perfectly and we were not charged for the nights. So hank you again!

Trek Global

Wellington, New Zealand

We were re-located due to a mistake in the bookings, (it was our fault) and the gave us a double room for the same price, That's was real cool!. The only problem was that it was real close (almost in) the common kitchen. So we couldn't sleep till everyone had finished cooking (2am) However, it was a very good experience. Staff was nice and it is really good located (well, Wellington is not that big) . Would visit again.

Home at The Mansion

Melbourne, Australia

The hostel is located in an old mansion. the bad thing is that there is no common room to watch tv, they are placed by the side of the main stairs, and in winter it is really cold there. Staff were really nice and provided us transport to get to the airport. Reallly silent at night despite being in a 6 people room. Will recommend.

Bounce Sydney

Sydney, Australia

Expensive (as everything in Australia). Located just opposite central station, but 45 minutes walking from Opera House. Great Karaoke Pub next to the building, really good atmosphere, to relax, and huge rooftop to chill out in summer time. Really clean, but showers were a bit far from the room. Next time I will choose something closer to where the action is.

Reggae Mansion Kuala Lumpur

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Rooftop bar!!! I just need to say this. Absolutely awesome. Room real clean with Flat Tv. Showers a bit busy, but really clean too. Well located with tram and subways two streets away. Don't hesitate and sleep here in case you have the chance!

Smyle Inn

New Delhi, India

If you arrive for the first time in New Delhi, and it is night time, you will be thinking you have made a mistake, because it is in a dark alloy. However, once you get to know the place, it is quite good located especially with daylight. They treated us really good, booked a trip to Agra for us, and were ready to answer any question we had. Cleanliness... well you know, it's India. Room had A/C, noisy as hell, but it worked. Would come back if I'm in Delhi.

Castle House

Goa, India

Absolutely AWESOME PLACE TO STAY! They brought us rental motorbikes, swimming pool opened till late, nice breakfast (even when we were late) and they also picked up and took us to the airport. Would recommend!!! and of course, come back again!!!

YHA London Central

This is the seventh time I Stay here. As good as usual, however, I still consider it to be a bit expensive, and you have to pay for everything (towels, internet) Really Hot at night in the room, I could hardly sleep. However, still the best hostel I can find in London.

Slottsskogens Youth Hostel

Gothenburg, Sweden

situated in a very busy avenue. Just 10 minutes walking from main attractions. A ggod place to stay. Would recommend.

Generator Hostel Copenhagen

Copenhagen, Denmark

They showed us where to park the car. A bit expensive but it's according to Copenhaguen prices. Had to pay for towels. Very good location. Would go again!

Caledonian Backpackers

Edinburgh, Scotland

Definitively, the place to stay in Edimbourgh, lot of things going on in that hostel. Bar is open until late, in fact, it was the only one opened when we came back home. At the same time it is quiet when you want to go to bed. Placed in the city centre, 10 minutes walking from the station and in the middle of city attractions. I will go back there definitely!!

Inverness Student Hostel

Inverness, Scotland

Placed in the middle of Inverness. It is a very nice place to stay, you feel comfy inside and staff is really nice, very good price for what it offers. The only thing that caught my eye was that we had to stay in before 2am, because otherwise we would sleep outside... There is nothing much to do in Inverness at 1:30 am. that time of the year, so I think it is not so bad at all. I would definitely go back!

Belford Hostel

Edinburgh, Scotland

That's true, it is placed in a church... with all that it implies. It is a weird place to stay. You don't feel cold inside the room, but the showers are far away, and as soon as you open the door to get to the showers you feel you are in a very high roof building. You can hear everything that is going on in the room next to, and rooms are not clean at all (one of the beds was broken). However staff is very helpful and kind. I would try to find another place, because this one is very expensive.

YHA London Central

This is the third time I come here, and I must admit that I'm a bit tired of being charged for everything. Towels seem to be a luxury item to rent, not to mention the 5 pounds you are charged for the deposit. I have to pay the 3 pounds for not being member of YHA and finally I had to pay to more punds to use the Internet. Apart from this, location is perfect, very quite and close to the city center. Rooms are very clean and definitely I will come back here again next time I am in London!

Cheers Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

Location can't be better, 5 minutes walking from the Blue Mosque. They treated us really good, the bar on the top is awesome, beautiful views and really nice atmosphere! Loved Breakfast.Our room was in the annex building, and it was real quiet almost all the time (except for some people who came drunk real late at night, but that's not the hostel fault). They managed our transport to the airport, and it was real cheap. Would definitely come back again, even just to pay a visit to the owners!!

Las Musas Hostel

Madrid, Spain

Good in general, just for one night before we took our flight. It's well located, breaksfast is included. The rooms were ok, a bit cold maybe, but not bad. The problem were the showers and the toilets, probably they aren't cleaned as usual as they should be. Apart from that, the shower in my floor (they are common, as if you were having a shower in the locker room of your hometown sports centre) had no light, so I had to manage through the darkness. Definitely not the best Hostel I've stayed in.

The Great Wall Box House

Beijing, China

Simply awesome, nothing else to say. Thank You Monica!!

Ming Courtyard

Beijing, China

Seriously, most luxurious hostel I have ever stayed in. Staff there was helpful, and location was apparently difficult to find, but after a while, it is very easy.

Green ManGO Hostel

Moscow, Russia

A bit difficult to find. Anyway, the place is neat and awesome. They helped us a lot to get the Transiberian tickets, and we are really grateful for that! I wil definitely come back!

H3

Alicante, Spain

Placed in the outskirts of the city, commom showers were nasty. Not noisy, but is ok only if you hace a car.

Euphoria

Tallinn, Estonia

I couldn't go there due to passport problems, they didn't give any money back. That was in the cancellation policy anyway so that's ok!

Eurohostel

Helsinki, Finland

Kinlay House Dublin

Dublin, Ireland

Helpfull staff and very good location just 5 minutes walking from temple district bar. Not very noisy although being in the city centre. Our room was triple with bathroom inside, that was the only problem, the bathroom that was incredibly small and old. Apart from that, I will definitely recommend and come back again!

Funny Palace Hostel

Rome, Italy

Amazing. Simply amazing. After the initial shock due to the location of the reception (a laundry), we were given a bottle of wine as welcome present and they showed us the room. It looked like a 4 stars hotel with bathroom ensuite. Air conditioner, central heating, flat tv, very clean and tidy. Placed very close to the station, with very helpful staff. Internet and breakfast included. Will come back for sure!!

Academy Hostel

Florence, Italy

Perfectly located, breakfast and internet included and nice staff. The bad thing: although the room was apparently clean, there were bedbugs in my bed and I was bitten 9 times during the night. I am sure they were bedbugs because I killed one while I was sleeping and saw it in the pillow the next morning. In the morning I showed the bites to the person in reception and due to his reaction I believe he was not conscious of the problem they had. It is a pity because location is perfect.

• 27th Feb 2011
  • Spain

We thank you for bringing it to our attention, we Immediately sterilized and cleaned everything in sight, we are really sorry for any inconvenience that these matters may have caused. It is the first time our establishment has encountered such a problem. We concentrate highly on the cleaning and hygiene of all the beds but it is difficult to control a problem such as this, especially when travelers throw their dirty bags on their beds, the same bags that have met with the street floors and dirty trains. Although rest assured that we do everything possible to keep our Hostel as clean as possible.

Residenza Santa Croce

Venice, Italy

The room was not placed in the address specified, but 10 minutes walking a bit more away from city centre, however it was good because it was carnival night and people were really noisy in the street. So it was clean, quiet, and located in a good place, staff was helpful and nice. I will go back again

• 26th Feb 2011
  • Spain

We ended up in oviedo by chance, we were not looking for parties, so we didn't mind the hostel was not the typical youth hostel. It was clean and located close to the historic centre, and the Sidra places. That was enough. Someone was in reception the whole night, so it was a very safe place. Will recommend.

• 6th Dec 2010

Funny Palace Hostel

Rome, Italy

• 6th Dec 2010

Hotel Hiblanc

Santander, Spain

After suffering the effects of the airport controllers strike, we ended up in an industrial area in the outskirts of Santander at 7 p.m. That was the address given in the website. We could not find the hostel. We looked for another one and changed at the end. After explaining that to the staff by e-mail the night was charged anyway. I know they are rules, but that was a situation out of normal and thousands of people were affected that day. Other hostels behaved differently. Would not recommend

• 5th Dec 2010

Residenza Santa Croce

Venice, Italy

Our room was located 10 minutes walking from reception, in another building in the other side of the river, which was good because it was quite quiet at night and not far away from all the attractions. One person from the helpful staff came with us to our room and showed us everything. It was like an small flat, very clean and safe. Will definitely recommend.

• 4th Dec 2010

Enjoyss

San Sebastian, Spain

Due to the spanish airport controllers strike we ended up in San Sebastian at 9p.m. Without accomodation. Fortunately we found this marvelous place. Cheap, clean and with helpful staff. Beds were not so comfortable and the showers were extremely small, however it was more than I expected. Apart from that, it was placed exactly in the centre of "casco antiguo" were everything goes at night! Will definitely recommend!

• 4th Dec 2010

YHA London Central

Still the best hostel to stay in London. My second time here and even better than the first time. Very clean, staff helpful and full of events. Apart from that, the location is excellent. I will definitely come back here again when I come back to London.

40 Berkeley Hostel

Boston, USA

This is like a huge hotel, but with hostel rooms. You have to rent your towels. The best included breakfast I ate in the whole country (travelling for 1 month). Only one problem, if you get there by car, get ready to pay 26$ for the Parking, because it is a very exclusive area.

Montreal Central

Montreal, Canada

Nice place to stay, clean, safe and very nice breakfast. Only two problems. The room was to small to have 6 beds, and bwe had to sleep in the lower floor, with the city bus station just out of the window. Consequently I woke up 5 times during the night because the buses normally honk to get out of the station. Anyway, I would go back there because it was a good expereience.

All Days Hostel

Toronto, Canada

Good location, nice staff, very clean and confortable beds. A lot of showers, all of them individual and clean. Would come back there again.

Route 66 Hostel

Albuquerque, USA

We had to stop in Albuquerque just to sleep... We booked that "hostel". Our room was a kind of war bunker, the top bed was so close to the roof that you couldn't sit. The bath was so tiny that you couldn't stand at all. Finally thanks god, Albuquerque on saturday night was awesome. In case you go there you better rent Day's Inn in the highway and go downtown by car...

Typical motel. You can't expect too much. Clean rooms, big beds, small swinmming pool. Car needed to reach Phoenix in about 25 minutes.

10 minutes walking from Waikiki beach. The zone doesn't seem safe at all at night, although being very touristic. They were setting up our room on arrival, didn't seem to get all their work done, bathroom was a mess and beds very small. We had breakfast included, and as our flight was leaving late, they let us leave our stuff in a backroom and get change twice, and even they offered us a shower, which was very nice!

USA Hostels Hollywood

Los Angeles, USA

Very close to Kodak Theatre, 10 min walking. Very nice staff, a lovely terrace just to have a beer if you don't wanna go out. Some clubs around in Hollywood boulevard. Computers are really slow and are not for free. Breakfast was not as complete as usual.

I've crossed the states coast to coast and in average, this is the best hostel. Very complete breakfast, very clean, nice staff, very big rooms, and what is more important, AMAZING LOCATION, just in the back of Union Square. Many clubs and pubs around. Would definitely go back there!!!

Rossio Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

Perfect place to go on a holiday, nice staff, very tasty breakfast and lots of activities, even on rainy days. Very clean hot showers and perfect location. Would come back again without hesitating. I will definitely recommend to my friends. No dudeis ni un momento, si hay habitacion libre coged este hostal aunque vayais en pareja. Lo unico malo es que es dificil aparcar cerca, pero creo que la mayoria de la clientela no lleva coche. Saludos!

Hostal Rincon de Sito

Salamanca, Spain

Very pleasant place, not the typical backpackers hostel. I mean, this looks more like a little hotel to go with your girlfriend/boyfriend. Very clean, and silent at night, despite being in the middle of the town very close to \"la fiesta\". Don\'t expect to meet people, no common room or similar, but it is cheap, clean and safe. I spent just one night but definitely would come back for more.

YHA London Central

Amazing place!! Very clean, nice staff, and very good located, I had lost my faith trying to find a hostel worth the money in Central London after some bad previous experiences, but this is the right one. The only \"problem\" was the extre 3P I had to pay for not having a YHA card. Will recommend this place and come back for sure!!!

Smart Russell Square

We arrived late (2a.m.), were given our room cards... Then we got into that II World War Bunkers... I mean it, rooms are very small to contain so many beds, and it was too dark inside since we were underground. On the other hand, breakfast was included, free WiFi connection, the staff was nice, and it is very good located, just in central London. Will come back again if it is just for one or two nights.

President Hotel

Frankfurt, Germany

My second time in this hotel, the rooms are very clean, and breakfast is included, (a real breakfast, I mean). The only problem is its location, very close to the central station, with all that it implies at night... Will come back again for sure.

Czech Inn

Prague, Czech Republic

Really clean, brand new, hostel. It is not in the city centre but two trams take you there in less than 10 min 24 hours a day. The staff was really nice, giving us tips about what to do in the city on our arrival, will come back again for sure!

Wombats City Hostel Berlin

Berlin, Germany

Very nice place, very clean and nice staff, well located, maybe not in the centre of town, but being a city as big as Berlin it\'s quite near. Massive bar in the rooftop with impressive views and more impressive staff. Thank you, will come back again for sure.

The Bulldog

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Incredible! Excellent! Perfect Location, Lots of Fun, Nice Staff, Bar Opens til Late, Just in the heart of the Red Light District!, I will come back again for sure!!

President Hotel

Frankfurt, Germany

I went to this hostel with a friend for 3 days. We didn\'t expect very much for the price we paid... but it was excellent in all aspects. The area may look a bit crappy, but all station surroundings are similar in Europe. The room was big, clean with private bathroom, fridge and TV. Also continental breakfast included. The staff was nice, and gave us all the information about the town we asked. It is just five minutes walking from Frankfurt central station. I would recommend this place.

Smart Camden Hostel

I went there for a weekend with 4 friends. We slept in a 12 bed dorm, the only problem there was that one of the windows didn\'t close properly, and it was very cold in October. The water in the showers was hot... VERY HOT... and we could not regulate it, which was a bit disgusting. Location is very good, just 3 minutes from Candem Tube, and staff is nice. I think it is a good choice if you are travelling by yourself, you get to know people in the common room. I would go there again.