Location Ireland, Gender Male, Age 39

7.4
25th Nov 2015

one thin blanket is nowhere near sufficient during the winter. I was cold all night and ended up with fever.

IS@K Guest House, Seoul, South Korea
7.7
2nd Oct 2014

8am daily wakeup call was frustrating. Every morning between 8-9am, a member of staff came into our dorm an opened the window/curtains leaving the room bright and Noisey (busy road outside) making it almost impossible to sleep. Given this hostel is located in a party district I'm surprised at this policy and seemed to frustrate others dorm mates too. Otherwise- Pros: good location, free cold drinking water, nice staff. Cons: shower/toilet facilities below average, bed sheets insufficient.

Thank you for your review. I am sorry for disturbing your sleeping. The morning call was not our fault. You were in the shared room so you should complain to him directly or let us know about your inconvenience. Some guests checked out early in the morning. So we should arrange the room immediately for the next guest. Please understand it is usually happening in the shared room. Please take a private room If you want to sleep alone. Thank you

Santa Mix Hostel, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
29th Jan 2014

Really enjoyed my stay at Santa mix. The staff were great. I felt part of the family from the start. Good community spirit, and heading out together. Would def stay again.

The Amazing Hostel Sayulita, Sayulita, Mexico
28th Oct 2012

I loved my stay here. We had a great group with the other guests hanging out during the day and evening. The staff were lovely too. Clean facilities, we had a BBQ one eve which was great. A couple of downsides: a sleep in is difficult with the busy road outside in the morning and trucks with loudspeakers announcing various things. The visitor policy was not clear, our friends were told they can't stay, but another member of staff told us visitors are ok. Otherwise I had a great stay.

• Ireland,
My Little Hut, Shenzhen, China
7.3
6th Mar 2008

This is more of a budget hotel. Our room had a wet carpet in places and a not so clean bathroom. The linen appeared not to be clean. Apart from that the staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Ireland,
Ah Shan Hostel Hong Kong, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
8.0
5th Mar 2008

Location is the best thing about this place. Rooms are clean, beds/pillows are very comfortable. Female staff are nice, but male staff member not so plesant to deal with. Showers are good.