Location: Australia, Gender: Female, Age: 30

USA Hostels San Francisco

San Francisco, USA

I only stayed for one night but the hostel was really good, staff very friendly, informative and accommodating. Was a short walk down to Union Square and other central attractions. Luggage storage area useful and secure. Convenient to book airport shuttles from hostel.

City Hostel Seattle

Seattle, USA

One of the best hostels I've stayed at in all my years of backpacking. The staff were exceptional: always friendly, helpful and professional. Breakfast was excellent. I never had to wait to use a bathroom or shower and there were great kitchen facilities on every level. There is even a cinema, even though I never had time to use it! A rave review from me. Thanks City Hostel for a wonderful stay (which I kept extending!).

Auberge Bishop

Montreal, Canada

Staff were fantastic, friendly and helpful and accommodating to my requests. Great facilities including kitchen, free computer with internet, breakfast included. Not a massively social atmosphere for meeting other backpackers when I was there but everything else was wonderful and a really convenient location too. I would definitely recommend this place and stay here again.

One staff member assisted me to organise a rideshare to Montreal as I didnt speak much French at all,a huge help. I found the language barrier difficult with other staff. My main gripe was paying for internet credit solely to use skype and not being able to get audio working on 3 computers which I was then told there was trouble with audio generally when I returned the headset to reception which they couldve warned me when borrowing headset. Good kitchen but would be good if brekky costincluded.

Halifax Backpackers

Halifax, Canada

Awesome fun. Staff and long termers really make this place fantastic. Such a fun and friendly atmosphere and a refreshing change after staying at a lot of HI hostels in Canada (HIs have amazing facilities no doubt but also v.high costs and often feel quite sterile, lacking that really fun backpacker atmosphere). This is the kind of place you could end up staying for a couple of weeks without realising, more like a fun sharehouse than a hostel. Fans in dorms in summer would be a welcome addition.

Wicked Hostels - Calgary

Calgary, Canada

Jeff was really friendly and organised a lot of great activities during the stampede craziness. Location was ultimate for the stampede. I was very impressed by all facilities that were included in the cost: free laundry, free internet, free skype phone, free breakfast, etc. I can see why a lot of people would live at the hostel long term. The room was pricey during the stampede period but understandably due its prime location next to the grounds. I would definitely stay here again if in Calgary.

YOU ARE A ROCKSTAR!! It was wicked having you here for the Stampede insanity - wish you could have stayed longer but definitely pop in again!!! --Jeff

HI-Vancouver Downtown

Vancouver, Canada

You are paying a bit extra than some other hostels but the breakfast is the best I've had so far in Canada and keeps you going all day. Great kitchen facilities for cooking, lots of common areas and the dorm rooms and bathrooms are kept very clean. Great location too. Only recommendation would be to have a free or cheaper rate internet for those of us that don't travel with a laptop or mobile. But there was a net cafe just up the road. Also, loved Erik's tours and the multiple tours offered.

HI - Honolulu - Waikiki

Honolulu, USA

On the whole the staff here were surprisingly hostile and reluctant to answer questions at reception about the hostel or tours, etc. Excellent location and I met some great people here but not a great atmosphere in the hostel. The dorm room was so hot and the fans only seemed to circulate the hot air around the room. I'm glad I met some lovely travellers here and the location was so close to the beach but apart from that I wouldn't recommend the hostel.

Riad Massine II

Marrakech, Morocco

Recommended. The staff were fantastic and accommodating. They made us feel really at home and were happy to help us with any requests and answer any questions we had. The breakfasts were great too for only a small fee. Location was fantastic - short walk from the main square but because the riad is located down a little laneway you really feel that you are away from the chaos of city. It was great to be able to chill out on the rooftop terrace after an exhausting day exploring.

Do yourself a favour,stay elsewhere.Difficult to find-need directions on hostelworld how to get there from bus&train stations.The amount you spend getting there,would be better to pay for a cheap hotel in city.Staff very inflexible-my friend&i had pre-requested rooms in same apartment but on arrival were told this was not possible.We were not allowed to leave our bags at recept when we checked out because the uni could not be held liable if our bags were stolen from the 24 hour security desk

The Adventure Brew Hostel

La Paz, Bolivia

The best hot showers. Great spacious dorm rooms in the annex building... but a bit noisy with all the banging around upstairs from about 6am. Staff very helpful. A great place to stay in La Paz. We would recommend it.

The Hostel-Inn Iguazu Falls

Puerto Iguazu, Argentina

One of the best hostels we have stayed at. The setup of the hostel is fantastic and the bar/dining area is really good with the outdoor bar and pool. The dorms are really clean as far as hostels go. Tour desk are helpful with booking tours. We highly recommend this hostel if you are heading to Iguazu Falls.

HI Curitiba Eco Hostel

Curitiba, Brazil

Great hostel to stay at apart from the location being quite far out of the city so it always took a while to get in and out on the bus which only runs every hour, especially at night. Beautiful hostel though and nice big dorm rooms with your own bathroom.

Very poor lighting in the room, was very disappointed to pay that much and not be able to see anything in the room with only stand lighting. Internet was not working while we were there which made us paying such a high price for lack of facilities seem even more ridiculous.