Journeys King's Cross Hostel, London, England
29th Mar 2016

good mattress, cool and ventilated rooms, bit stuffy for 6 people, luckily it was just 3 people there. Not much atmosphere or space to sit down there but has its own kitchen which is a big plus.

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We have a lounge, kitchen and smoking area for socialising. Hope to see you again next time you're in London.

Equity Point London, London, England
5.7
17th Feb 2016

mixed feelings. Mattress good, staff helpful, breakfast first-class! yet lift not working, claustrophobic corridors, no kitchen, lots of school kids, cramped rooms. If you're not a backpacker, it's just ok for a night or two.

9th Feb 2016

an average hostel for a above-average price

3rd Feb 2016

19th Jan 2016

1 night stay over. Had a very good sleep, comfy springless mattress. Though there is no heating in the room and it feels rather cold at first, it's good for sleep plus the duvet is warm enough. Better than a stuffy overheated room.

Hello! Thank you for leaving us a feedback. Please be aware that if there's absolutely anything you need we are 24hrs happy and available to help and to make your stay memorable! Hope to see you again in the magic London. Safe travels - Keystone Team

21st Dec 2015

I had an excellent stay/sleep. Massive thanks to the staff who gave me additional covers in the midst of night to put on the mattress as the springs poked into my ribcage every now and then. With the covers as a protection I slept soundly.

Hey there, thank you for taking the time to leave us a feedback. We're so glad you have had such a memorable stay with us. We are 24 hours available to help people out and our aim is to guarantee a nice place to stay in where people can feel relaxed and if they need something we will provide them. Hope to see you back soon. Cheers - Keystone Team.

15th Dec 2015

had a good sleep, excellent location and the staff is great.

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are so happy you have had a pleasant stay and enjoyed your time with the staff. We are thrilled to receive such a good compliment! Hope to see you back really soon! Safe travels - Keystone Team!

21st Oct 2015

Excellent location, though a bit noisy (make sure to bring earpluges). Matresses were comfy enough, no springs felt in my ribcage :-), the rooms were big enough, bigger then loads other places. I had a surprisingly good sleep, perhaps because I was tired from demonstrating for Falun Gong when Xi Jinping was in London. Showers could do without the timers. All in all good value for money, though nothing special. Would come back again.

Hey there, thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are so happy you have had a pleasant stay and enjoyed your time with us. It can be a little bit noisy during weekends but we can't do much about it. We hope to see you again in the future! Lots of love, Keystone Team.

Phoenix Hostel, London, England
6.3
29th Sep 2015

just your average pub hostel. This has seen better days. don't expect anything fancy. Showers are small, so are rooms. Beds with spring mattresses, my not worn too much. Breakfast for extra charge, other places provide for free. Staff is helpfull, location excellent.

19th Sep 2015

a nice hostel, new and clean. low points - breakfast quite pricey, toaster in community kitchen broken, fair bit of walk from center of city. Everything else was good or ever better...

18th Sep 2015

a superb place, very clean and new, the room had a balcony as well. The only thing I could criticize would be a worn mattress (luckily without springs) and a broken toaster in the kitchen.

Hatters at Hilton Chambers, Manchester, England
5th Aug 2015

Manchester lacks a decent hostel hence I used this one - again. Just an average place. One bad experience here...The mattresses are too worn with springs sticking into your ribcage. I asked the reception guy to give me an extra duvet (to use as a buffer layer against springs). He said they don't have it so I used one from a spare bed (luckily there was 1 in my room). Without it it would be hard to sleep.And the place is noisy so make sure to take earplugs with you.

No.8 Tottenham, London, England
20th May 2015

the location is dodgy (although cheap shops, restaurants, etc.) and well out of city centre, pub eerily empty. The mattress was absolutely appalling. We changed it with the reception guy for another one, equally poor. The guy was actually very helpful. Most residents are long-term it seems. On the good side, everything is clean and the hostel is quite close to Tottenham Hale if u head to Stansted. I definitely wouldn't recommend it to ordinary tourists though. It's alright for 1 night.

St Christopher's Greenwich, London, England
6.6
5th May 2015

just your average pub hostel. out of city centre but the price is good. I aprreciate spacious dorms, large and clean showers and cheese for breakfast though actual butter instead of margarine would make it even better :-)

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback and scores. It's great to read you found the rooms spacious and our facilities lived up to your expectations. If you stay again it may be helpful to know that London Bridge is just a 10 min train ride away form us. We hope you enjoy your travels the St. Christopher's Greenwich team.

Equity Point Girona, Girona, Spain
26th Apr 2015

nice good hostel, modern, very clean with superbly hard and comfy mattresses. Its got its own kitchen and is just some 35 min. from the airport by bus. Also the terrace on the top of the roof is great and has a lovely view of the city square. The only thing I missed was a kettle to boil water (so you have to use microwave or cooker)

Ideal Youth Hostel, Barcelona, Spain
5.4
24th Apr 2015

Just your average hostel. Expect the basic service. Not much atmosphere there, location is very good though. Mattress is too soft, shower box tiny with water running too close to the wall. The terrace in our room was a great addition.

Equity Point London, London, England
10th Mar 2015

would not come back here. Its alright for a night to crash but I couldnt recommend longer stays. Too little space in the rooms, too many people, only one toilet for 8 people in the room (no other on the floor). Also noisy. Expect only the basic stuff. Virtually no atmosphere, not for backpackers really. Location is good though.

Music-Hostel, Lodz, Poland
6th Mar 2015

very nice and clean and modern accommodation. The only flaw being lack of sockets in the rooms. also th ecommon room is right next the rooms so it could be noisy if u come upon noisy fellow sleepers

Travel Joy Hostels Chelsea, London, England
19th Feb 2015

For a pub hostel, it can't get much better than this. The service is just amazing! SUPER nice and helpful staff, free soft drinks, free tea, free towels, free padlocks, free earplugs (you're gonna need them) ... Matresses in good condition, bathroom very clean with free soap/shampoo, internet everywhere. And then the breakfast - oh, heaven. And the candies on the bar :-). The only downsides are: far from the tube station, on a noisy road (use earplugs) and no kitchen (for those who want cook).

Thank you for sharing your experience at Travel Joy! We are glad to learn from your review you had a good stay at our hostel. Indeed we do not have a kitchen but we do provide fridge, microwave and toaster. We do also have an amazing Thai&English restaurant with affordable prices. Next time you stop by London it will be a pleasure to welcome you again!

Bowden Court, London, England
15th Jan 2015

a premium place really. certainly for the money you pay. not really a travellers hostel (luckily) so not so much partying etc. Shower is not very well designed, not very comfortable. everything else very good, I had (again) a very good sleep, you cant compare it with other hostels with 4+ people in the room. Here it's just you and another person.

The Royal Bayswater Hostel, London, England
1st Jan 2015

I only spent 1 night here and have been happy with the bed and the room. I had a wonderful sleep in a 4bed ensuite. The only problem was noise in the corridor walking,talking, slamming doors etc. but that calmed down after 1pm. Breakfast was basic yet alright. The place is run down around the edges but all in all a good deal. I would come back.

Bowden Court, London, England
14th Dec 2014

great location, excellent rooms (only 2 single beds in room), superb mattress, very clean. Feels like a cheap hotel rather than a hostel. Most people here are long-term residents. Feels very safe. Only downside I could find was the showers, just a laugh really, water sprays so close to the wall, not very comfortable. All in all though I would definitely come back provided the price is good.

Clink261, London, England
3rd Dec 2014

my 3rd time here, just for emergency stay. I arrived at midnight moving on from KX the next day. Otherwise I wouldnt use this place. Its pricy and the room (nr. 35) was just horrible. Stuffy, smelly and humid. The condensed water from humidity stuck to the ceiling and kept dropping onto my bed and panel above my head where I put my phone. The phone stopped working completely and one side of the bed was damp with water. The location is very convenient, though, mattress also great (no springs).

Hi, Thanks for your feedback. I'm sorry you had problems with humidity in the room. I set longer heating times which should help. I will also speak about the humidity with our maintenance team. Hope to see you again at Clink. Enjoy your travels! Agata

Everton Hostel, Liverpool, England
26th Nov 2014

a fair bit away from the centre but a good choice and cheap. The hostel is somewhat worn around the edges here and there but has a homey atmosphere. If you look for sth cheap and alright, this is it. I wouldn't mind coming back.

Clink261, London, England
6.3
18th Nov 2014

just your average hostel, good for a sleepover when you travel from KX the next day. My internet signal was dodgy with drop-outs No special atmosphere here, their sister hostel Clink 78 is better in this sense...

Hi, Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry you felt that your stay was just average. Please come again and we'll try to make your stay unforgettable :). Both Clink share the same values so I'm glad you felt good in our sister hostel! Enjoy your travels! Agata

St Christopher's Greenwich, London, England
29th Oct 2014

a bit out of centre but very good value. Rooms were spacious, beds comfy (especially liked the UK,EU sockets next to each bed), bathrooms and toilet clean and big enough. The internet was rather weak in the rooms though but still better than many other hostels.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We hope you enjoy the rest of your travels. The St. Christopher's Greenwich Team

Clink78, London, England
19th Oct 2014

Great location and exciting setting. The dorms are cramped however and so are toilets and showers. Everything else alright.

Hatters Hostel- Liverpool, Liverpool, England
15th Sep 2014

great, helpful staff, comfy beds. wifi only in designated areas and constantly disconnecting after 15 min. don't know why...everythink else fine.

Thanks for the review. We are a helpful bunch and we love it. Happy to hear you enjoyed a comfy sleep. Apologies for the Wifi we had some issues over the time you stayed but it should all be sorted now. Come visit us again soon.

20th Aug 2014

this hostel is quite good, though not quite as good as the Hatters Hilton in Manchester. Wifi even works in some rooms which is good. Kitchen is too small I think. Breakfast delicious. The only think is it's a bit of walk from the station so if you have heavy luggage(s), you'd better to hire a taxi for a fiver. Nearest decent supermarket is about 7min. walk.

Hatters at Hilton Chambers, Manchester, England
11th Aug 2014

A great travellers' hostel, very international. Staff were very helpful, facilities clean, breakfast much better than most places in London. Hard to find a hostel like this in the UK any more! Really enjoyed my stay. The only downside is the internet - connection pathetic and none in the rooms (unless u pay extra).

Glad you enjoyed it - and super proud we undermined London in and it's hostels - hehehe. The internet can be a bit hard to navigate. The free wi-fi is useful but it's mainly focused in the common rooms, (and then sometimes you do need to find a sweet spot) - I'm personally not a fan of any invisible technology, it's all magic to me!

Smart Hyde Park View Hostel, London, England
26th Feb 2014

a good hostel for those who prefer get a good sleep rather than a good partying. I guess it used to be a hotel. Excellent location, not too noisy. Matresses r without springs that would poke into your ribs like other hostels. Curtains for each bed is such a good bonus. Bathroom and toilet were clean and nice with hot water. I'd definitely come back. Only bad thing is the size of the room. It's tiny, no place to put luggage and they charge for lockers so u end up with the floor full of luggage.

Hi there, thank you for your feedback. We are happy that you enjoyed our hostel. As for the lockers the prices we offer do not include lockers charges and towels as most of our customers do not need to use them therefore they do not end up paying for things they do not need, We have different types of dormitories to suit different types of travellers depending on their budget. Hoping to see you back in the hostel soon.

Phoenix Hostel, London, England
25th Feb 2014

Staff are very good, helpful, especially the Scottish guy-a worthy man.Apart from that I cannot recommend the place, would not come back. It's just an average pub hostel, an old building, rooms dark, tiny, beds where u cannot sit up. also, the room was cold. The water was lukewarm (evening) to warm (morning) so I had to forget about a nice hot shower. Wi-fi for some reasons didn't work with my laptop (others were alright though). Breakfast was £1.50 but you get yoghurt and fruit as well.

Gallery Hyde Park, London, England
12th Jan 2014

my second stay here. Mattress pretty bad (springs pressing against the body), staff ok, kitchen a big bonus. The bathroom was very clean this time. Excellent location. Apart from the mattress a good deal.

MEININGER London Hyde Park, London, England
30th Oct 2013

Right in the centre, pretty cheap and clean. No triple bunk beds like other places, just double ones. Mattress was worn in the middle but no springs like other places so it wasn's so bad. Feels more like a hotel than a hostel place. Padlock is for free for your locker, just against a small deposit. We had a guy in our room who snored like a giant bear no matter what position so he ruined our night, otherwise everything was very good. That's of course nothing to do with the hostel :-).

Ahoi, thanks a lot for your nice comment! And we are really sorry for the sleepless night :) hope to see you again here! Chhers, your M team

18th Sep 2013

Nothing special about the place. The lounge dowstairs is certainly nice but the room are very basic and you cannot spend your time there as the triple beds make it unable for anyone to sit on them (you can only lie). The Internet is quite slow. Another thing is the location. It's too far from the centre and doesn't feel very safe but that's just my personal feeling. Chances are I won't be coming back.

Gallery Hyde Park, London, England
19th Aug 2013

Nothing special about this place though staff was VERY nice. Beds were comfortable, bathroom bit worn around the edges and dirty. Also there were some renovation works when I was there and (unlucky me) the wifi was out of order.The sleeping room can get quite warm in the summer and if you have noisy fellow sleepers you don't get much sleep yourself but that is obviously not hostel's fault. I would come back only out of season when it's more quiet.

Totters, Caernarfon, Wales
7th Aug 2013

The best hostel I've stayed in the UK so far! right next to the sea, feels very homely, kitchen is perfect, the dining room impressive. Just the internet signal is weak in the living room. although as I found out on my last day, in my room right at the top was perfect! Definitely recommend.

29th Jul 2013

nothing fancy, just a cheap place to stay. Clean. Lockers could be for free and an access card would be an advantage. Constant putting in the code drives you crazy (2 sets of doors). There is no kitchen, just a pub downstairs but you get a basic breakfast in the morning. All in all a good deal for the money.

Sleep in Heaven, Copenhagen, Denmark
18th Jul 2013

A great place to stay. Definitely has got an atmosphere, so has the hip area around. Hostel was full of young travellers, everyone has got one's own locker, staff VERY helpful. As it's such a good place I mention only the cons now: no kitchen, mixed bathrooms and toilet paper feels like a sand paper.

25th Jun 2013

Close to Victoria yet in a quiet neighbourhood, clean and relatively safe. Definitely recommend this one! Bear in mind - There are no lockers in the rooms and no kitchen (though there is standard breakfast provided). The beds have three levels so if you end up on the top and are scared of hights, you won't be pleased :-), I guess you can the staff to change it or ask for a lower bed while booking though. Apart from these it's perfect.

Belsize House, London, England
24th Apr 2013

My second stay, didn't know dinner was included, that is a nice bonus. Everything was fine, I just avoided the smelly plastic box/shower so I can only criticize the spring mattress where you can feel all the metal springs :-). I wasn't painful though. A nice place to stay