this hostel is quite good, though not quite as good as the Hatters Hilton in Manchester. Wifi even works in some rooms which is good. Kitchen is too small I think. Breakfast delicious. The only think is it's a bit of walk from the station so if you have heavy luggage(s), you'd better to hire a taxi for a fiver. Nearest decent supermarket is about 7min. walk.

• 20th Aug 2014

Hatters at Hilton Chambers

Manchester, England

A great travellers' hostel, very international. Staff were very helpful, facilities clean, breakfast much better than most places in London. Hard to find a hostel like this in the UK any more! Really enjoyed my stay. The only downside is the internet - connection pathetic and none in the rooms (unless u pay extra).

• 11th Aug 2014
  • Czech Republic

Glad you enjoyed it - and super proud we undermined London in and it's hostels - hehehe. The internet can be a bit hard to navigate. The free wi-fi is useful but it's mainly focused in the common rooms, (and then sometimes you do need to find a sweet spot) - I'm personally not a fan of any invisible technology, it's all magic to me!

Smart Hyde Park View

a good hostel for those who prefer get a good sleep rather than a good partying. I guess it used to be a hotel. Excellent location, not too noisy. Matresses r without springs that would poke into your ribs like other hostels. Curtains for each bed is such a good bonus. Bathroom and toilet were clean and nice with hot water. I'd definitely come back. Only bad thing is the size of the room. It's tiny, no place to put luggage and they charge for lockers so u end up with the floor full of luggage.

• 26th Feb 2014
  • Czech Republic

Hi there, thank you for your feedback. We are happy that you enjoyed our hostel. As for the lockers the prices we offer do not include lockers charges and towels as most of our customers do not need to use them therefore they do not end up paying for things they do not need, We have different types of dormitories to suit different types of travellers depending on their budget. Hoping to see you back in the hostel soon.

Phoenix Hostel

Staff are very good, helpful, especially the Scottish guy-a worthy man.Apart from that I cannot recommend the place, would not come back. It's just an average pub hostel, an old building, rooms dark, tiny, beds where u cannot sit up. also, the room was cold. The water was lukewarm (evening) to warm (morning) so I had to forget about a nice hot shower. Wi-fi for some reasons didn't work with my laptop (others were alright though). Breakfast was £1.50 but you get yoghurt and fruit as well.

• 25th Feb 2014

Gallery Hyde Park

my second stay here. Mattress pretty bad (springs pressing against the body), staff ok, kitchen a big bonus. The bathroom was very clean this time. Excellent location. Apart from the mattress a good deal.

• 12th Jan 2014

MEININGER London Hyde Park

Right in the centre, pretty cheap and clean. No triple bunk beds like other places, just double ones. Mattress was worn in the middle but no springs like other places so it wasn's so bad. Feels more like a hotel than a hostel place. Padlock is for free for your locker, just against a small deposit. We had a guy in our room who snored like a giant bear no matter what position so he ruined our night, otherwise everything was very good. That's of course nothing to do with the hostel :-).

• 30th Oct 2013
  • Czech Republic

Ahoi, thanks a lot for your nice comment! And we are really sorry for the sleepless night :) hope to see you again here! Chhers, your M team

Nothing special about the place. The lounge dowstairs is certainly nice but the room are very basic and you cannot spend your time there as the triple beds make it unable for anyone to sit on them (you can only lie). The Internet is quite slow. Another thing is the location. It's too far from the centre and doesn't feel very safe but that's just my personal feeling. Chances are I won't be coming back.

• 18th Sep 2013

Gallery Hyde Park

Nothing special about this place though staff was VERY nice. Beds were comfortable, bathroom bit worn around the edges and dirty. Also there were some renovation works when I was there and (unlucky me) the wifi was out of order.The sleeping room can get quite warm in the summer and if you have noisy fellow sleepers you don't get much sleep yourself but that is obviously not hostel's fault. I would come back only out of season when it's more quiet.

• 19th Aug 2013

Totters

Caernarfon, Wales

The best hostel I've stayed in the UK so far! right next to the sea, feels very homely, kitchen is perfect, the dining room impressive. Just the internet signal is weak in the living room. although as I found out on my last day, in my room right at the top was perfect! Definitely recommend.

nothing fancy, just a cheap place to stay. Clean. Lockers could be for free and an access card would be an advantage. Constant putting in the code drives you crazy (2 sets of doors). There is no kitchen, just a pub downstairs but you get a basic breakfast in the morning. All in all a good deal for the money.

• 29th Jul 2013

Sleep in Heaven

Copenhagen, Denmark

A great place to stay. Definitely has got an atmosphere, so has the hip area around. Hostel was full of young travellers, everyone has got one's own locker, staff VERY helpful. As it's such a good place I mention only the cons now: no kitchen, mixed bathrooms and toilet paper feels like a sand paper.

• 18th Jul 2013
  • Czech Republic

Close to Victoria yet in a quiet neighbourhood, clean and relatively safe. Definitely recommend this one! Bear in mind - There are no lockers in the rooms and no kitchen (though there is standard breakfast provided). The beds have three levels so if you end up on the top and are scared of hights, you won't be pleased :-), I guess you can the staff to change it or ask for a lower bed while booking though. Apart from these it's perfect.

• 25th Jun 2013

Belsize House

My second stay, didn't know dinner was included, that is a nice bonus. Everything was fine, I just avoided the smelly plastic box/shower so I can only criticize the spring mattress where you can feel all the metal springs :-). I wasn't painful though. A nice place to stay

• 24th Apr 2013