Location: Australia, Age: 33

Sydney Hostel Istanbul

Istanbul, Turkey

If you want to be in the middle of tourist central with tourist attractions within walking distance then you'll probably like this hostel. Expect to be harassed by people trying to get you to eat at their restaurant as soon as you step out of the hostel. The food in the area is over-priced and small portions. We stayed in two locations during our stay in Istanbul and much preferred being away from the tourist traps.

• 27th Jun 2013

Discovery Melbourne

Melbourne, Australia

The first staff member who served us had an attitude problem but the rest of the staff were really friendly and helpful. I didn't like the no alcohol room in any common areas or rooms, I think this is so you spend more money at the bar. The bar was awful though!

• 1st Sep 2012

Hi Erin, Thanks for taking the time to review us as feedback is extremely important to us especially as we continue to improve the facilities. I'm glad for the most part your enjoyed your stay. We have a no BYO alcohol policy as being such a large hostel with 700 people it becomes very hard to control noise and other negative issues that come with that. I'm sorry this caused you some frustration. Our bar events program is in place to make it easy for our staff to engage guests in things like trivia, poker, cheese & wine nights as well as theme parties and full moon parties. Its a shame you may have not seen it in full swing and may not to be to everyones taste. I hope you enjoy the rest of your travels. Regards Anna Heaton Assistant GM

Nomads Fat Camel Hostel

Auckland, New Zealand

I found the staff very unhelpful when I was checking in, it was after midnight and they were not forthcoming with information such as what floor my bed was on, they did not give me any sheets for my bed. The free dinners in the evening are great and the bar is always full doing giveaways and other competitions.

Nomads Fat Camel Hostel

Auckland, New Zealand

I stayed at the a couple of days prior to this trip and I did not find the staff helpful at all. This journey round they were more than helpful. Thanks Selina!