Location: Australia, Gender: Female, Age: 38

YHA Wellington City

Wellington, New Zealand

I've been staying here for around a week - this place is really good. It is clean, spacious and has comfty common areas, good kitchen, really friendly and helpful staff, daily activities and comfty beds. The only thing is there is no storage space to secure things in rooms and not enough room to store bags in general when the rooms are full. Also, no shelves in the bathrooms or beds. The single rooms are good too. Wifi for members is free and works well. I would stay here again.

• 6th Aug 2013

Annie's Bed & Breakfast

Penang, Malaysia

Nice friendly family, clean, spacious house in a good area. About ten min walk to beach, market and restaurants. About one hour on bus to Georgetown - traffic is really bad in Penang. Share bathroom a bit wet after showers. Good internet service. Basic breaky included. A fridge on hand to store water etc. A nice place to stay for a few a days.

• 15th Jun 2013

Zackry Guest House

Langkawi, Malaysia

Other pp seemed to enjoy it but I personally found it a but old school backpackery - a bit too grungy and dirty especially for the price of a single room compared to other places in se asia. My room was full of dead and alive bugs, which was apparently because of the monsoon (bed bugs :(). The communal area could do with some sprucing. Cheap beer. The location is as good as you will in a resort area. Lots of restaurants, cafes, food stores and travel services close by.

• 13th Jun 2013

Jasmine Family Hostel

Siem Reap, Cambodia

Really nice pool, which you can swim in until late, thai food and local dish not so good (i think tomato sauce was used!), around a 15/20 min walk to market and restaurants, comfy communal space, clean/spacious rooms, staff were nice although you have to pay for everything as you go, good internet. If you don't mind being away from services then this is a good place to stay and chill for a few days.

• 29th May 2013

Eighty8 Phnom Penh

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

If I had my time again I would have preferred to stay closer to the action along the riverfront and near the palace. It is otherwise around a 15-20 min walk to this area. Room was comfty and clean, BUT, there was no door for the bathroom. Instead a curtain was used, which was not ideal given I was sharing with a friend. I had organised a pickup at bus station, but we waited 20 mins and no-one arrived so we had to organise our own tuk-tuk. Bfast not included and a bit pricy. Internet hit and miss

• 27th May 2013

Phan Lan 2

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

I liked this place - it was clean, good room (except for small bathroom with shower facing toilet), nice helpful staff who allowed very early check-in and good location for Saigon. Internet didn't work in room though.

• 22nd May 2013

Mojzo inn

Nha Trang, Vietnam

I had a terrible night here - first there was a lot of partying going on in the rooms all night and then I got bed bugs and couldnt sleep. The staff were excellent and I didn't end up paying. The place otherwise seems clean - the bedbugs was apparently isolated. It is close by to some bars and resturants (2 min walk). Internet a bit sketchy at times. The best thing about the place other than price is the lovely staff.

• 19th May 2013

Hoa My Hotel

Hoi An, Vietnam

Staff were really helpful when I left some belongings by sending them to me in Nha Trang.Rooms spacious with character and hot shower in a basin (i.e. didnt flood) but the bed and pillows were rock solid,I had to call to remind them about pick up at bus station as ten mins late and there was a charge for bikes even though hostelworld says they are free (they honoured it).Good area for experiencing local life but easy walk to tourist areas. 4 good,well-prices resturants outside and 30c local beer

• 16th May 2013

Jade Hotel

Hue, Vietnam

If I could pack up the room and put in my bag and take it everywhere with me around asia I would. It was a great, quality, clean,,cosy and spacious room.The hotel competes well in the $15-$20 category providing a few extras I havent seen elsewhere such as hairdryer, fresh flowers on the bed, water towels each time I arrived and a raised shower with curtain (no flooding!).The staff were nice but, and I dont like to say it, too nice at times making small talk all the time when I needed chill time.

Canh Dieu Hotel

Ninh Binh, Vietnam

Great staff - allowed me to check in early and check out late. The area is quiet and in hindsight I probably should have stayed in Cam Doc given I stayed for two nights. One night is fine as next to train station and a 5-10 min walk to small collection of local style resturants that service travellers. The town in general is very quiet and laid back compared to other places. Locals still get a thrill at seeing travellers. Out of the room, the hotel is not the kind of place you want to hang in.

• 13th May 2013

Hoang Ha Sapa

Sapa, Vietnam

Thí s could have bê en a nice stay á s it í s a beautiful building but no hot water, no electricity, dark walking back à fter 11pm and no light in rô om. Rô óm spacious, clean, comfy, chẩ racter and staff let me check in early. Cà fe across road. Five min ư alk to market and travel services.Sorry, ú sing wrong keyboard.

• 9th May 2013

New Vision Hostel

Hanoi, Vietnam

Very friendly and accommodating staff. Good internet. Free buffet breakfast o.k. Staff always provide water. I would recommend a stay here as good value for money and location. Have free map available although no one mentioned that govt sights such as Ho Chi Minh maloseum are closed on Mondays. I was also able to leave bags when I went to halong bay. No hot water in shower from memory.

• 5th May 2013

Sihome Backpackers Hostel

Vientiane, Laos

I am not sure why it has such a good rating as I thought this was quite ordinary as far as backpackers go. Showers/bathrooms tiny. You cant wear shoes inside, which is fine if the bathrooms are clean but they aren't. The staff were really friendly and gave advice but no map available and I got a lost heading out to main area. Good atmosphere in the evening with bbq and other travellers hanging out. There is otherwise not much to do at this hostel than sit outside or in the dark air con room.

• 3rd May 2013
  • Globetrotter

Hello, First, thank you for your feedback. We are really concerned about your opinion and feel so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay among us. We work hard to make the stay in our place as comfortable and pleasant as possible for our guests. We now have maps at the reception and are setting up different activities. We wish you had talked us about your experience when your were still there in order to help us to improve ourselves.

So Hostel Chiangmai

Chiang Mai, Thailand

Clean, new, crisp and spacious but lacks atmosphere and personality. Beds are comfortable and rooms spacious and air conditioned but showers are small, a little difficult and low water pressure with coolish water. Great location.

• 21st Apr 2013

NapPark Hostel at Khao San

Bangkok, Thailand

Not very big and spacious but it is a city hostel. The rooms were air conditioned and clean other than the first night when I got bed bugs within ten mins of lying down and had to switch beds. Showers good. Good place to meet people and close to Kao San Road, travelling service and palace/tourist sites. Difficult to get to other parts of bangkok though - need taxi. We noticed a rat outside in the eating a rea but you see them everywhere in bangkok if you look closely

• 16th Apr 2013
  • Globetrotter

You have to pay for locker storage when you check out. They don't place the Internet passed on the walls everywhere so people always asking eachother and most of the toilets don't flush properly. Great location near beach/shopping area, clean, spacious rooms, lots of activities and drinking ban is good.

• 9th Mar 2012
  • Globetrotter

I'm sorry you were disappointed that you had to pay for a locker after checkout. As far as the wifi password, we hand out the password to all check-ins - you will find it in your welcome packet. We're glad that you enjoyed the area and hope to see you again.

I liked this hostel, but it has a few problems. Mainly there is only one bathroom (unisex shower and toilet) on each floor so I had to wait for around 20mins every time I needed to use the one on my floor. Also they were always dirty - paper towel everywhere. And, they only had styrofoam cups, plastic cutlery and plates in the kitchen, which is not sustainable and not enforcing positive messages to hostel goers. And there were no lockers in the room and you have to use the ones in the hall.

• 22nd Feb 2012
  • Globetrotter

The female dorm I stayed in only has one bathroom for 12-16 people and it's not very spacious either. The internet didn't work the the night and day I was there - very frustrating. I slept well though and the rooms were clean. Good atmosphere out the park with other hostel goers.

• 21st Feb 2012

HI-Ottawa Jail Hostel

Ottawa, Canada

The cells are a great experience. I am not sure why but the chairs are always up on the tables in the dining room and it makes it a little uninviting.

• 6th Feb 2012
  • Globetrotter

They don't provide towels so I had to buy one. The rooms are really hot and I could not open my window. The breakfast room is too small for the amount of people staying there and you have to hold down the toaster buttons when making toast on both of the toasters - surely they can afford to get a few new toasters. ANd the staff are always cleaning around you as you eat breakfast, which just adds to the small room annoyance. Great location and rooms are kept clean and good size for new york.

• 29th Dec 2011

Capital View

Washington DC, USA

kitchen was a bit light on equipment, the common room didn't have much of a chill space - 1 lounge with room for 3 and the rest is floor space. the kitchen dining area wasn't a better alternative as it was usually occupied by drinkers and people watching the big screen so hard to just hang out given its size. there werent many showers and they were a bit from the room so could be a bit of a wait and walking to and fro in rush hr. they need to get beanbags, cushions and colour :). good location

• 12th Dec 2011

Cambie Hostel - Gastown

Vancouver, Canada

the large sports bar downstairs is a favourite of the the young locals and is very happening but it can be noisy... i liked my stay there, rooms simple but clean, spacious and staff really helpful. also in gd location if you want to be close to vancouver nightlife BUT the bathrooms are tiny - the shower is one of those tiny little cube things and there is nowhere to put your things. the cleaners are always cleaning the bathroom in the mornings whenever i wanted to shower -no bathroom space

• 18th Oct 2011
  • Globetrotter

Thanks - great hostel and great city :)

• 8th Oct 2011

Guest House Kyoto

Kyoto, Japan

This is a really nice hostel. The staff are really nice, its super clean, they provide you with all the essentials you need and the room was spacious (although the mattress was a bit hard), but its about an 8 min walk to the train station or 20mins walk to main areas and their isnt a large living space it hang out in. But I would stay again - its a lovely hostel.

Bonsai Guest House

Osaka, Japan

This was a really nice hostel, the staff were helpful and it was super clean and modern, but there wasn't a good cosy living area with good ambiance that made you feel like you wanted to hang there at night and not a lot of space.

New Peking Guest House

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

matchbox room but you have to expect that in HK. Great location - close to everything. room was clinical but it was a fun room. but had to wait to catch the lift uo to floor 12 along with about 20 other people all the time - that was annoying but its a bust building i guess.

Dear sir, Thanks for your comment. It's true that the room in my guest house is not big in size. However, the rate is very competitive if you consider the high land price in Hong Kong. I always try my best to upgrade the room if there is room available. For example, I have upgraded you from a single room to a double bed room and this is what I can do in order to make my customer be having much room space. Best regards, Manager of Guest House

Biktime Hostel

Shanghai, China

i didn't like shanghai too much so maybe that is why i didn't gel with this hostel;. the beds were very comfortable and the showers were hot and good, but the social space downstairs was a bit cramped and it was about a ten minute walk away from the centre. the staff were friendly although some a couple of the girls had some probs understanding my english

Peking Yard Hostel

Beijing, China

I thought this was a great hostel and one of the best I have been too. Is a very chilled space so don't expect a party scene. Very clean too and really helpful staff. Worst thing was the guy snoring in my room and be wary of the s cale of the map - T'men Square is a good 30 mins walk and not 10 mins!!

G4 Station

Singapore, Singapore

A bit expensive but good, very clean (singapore style) hostel. The attached cafe ran an affordable menu (and beer for singapore!!). Free internet. Good facilities although rooms not that massive and not a lot of character.

Dear Renata, Thank you fro your review and comments^^ Glad that you enjoyed your stay here and hope to see you again! Take lots of care~ G4 Station Team

Old Town Guesthouse

Melaka, Malaysia

I really enjoyed staying here and so did the other single travellers around at the same time. Was cosy, family environment and nice place to chill out for a bit. Close to everything and the couple that ran it were really helpful and made a great, proper coffee!!!