Location: Ireland, Gender: Female, Age: 27

Punto Urbano

Mendoza, Argentina

Enjoyed our stay here, breakfast, cake and wine all great. My only complaint is that I had most uncomfortable and lumpiest pillow, kept me awake.

• 19th Jul 2014

Trek Global

Wellington, New Zealand

Staff were absolutely lovely, they went out of their way to help us. I liked the separate kitchen areas. Floor in kitchen needed cleaning but there was a big group of people in our area and possibly they had made the mess. Would stay again.

• 6th Jul 2014

Accents on the Park

Nelson, New Zealand

Great place to stay, comfy clean beds, nice staff, good kitchen, free fresh bread for breakfast....would have stayed here longer.

• 4th Jul 2014

Chateau Franz Backpackers

Franz Josef, New Zealand

I liked this hostel, we stayed one night in loveshack was small bit cold so we moved second night to double and paid the extra 10dollars to do so was nice that we were accommodated. Free breakfast is great, choice of breakfast cereals and plenty of bread. Free soup and popcorn yummy too. Would stay again.

• 2nd Jul 2014

Flying Kiwi Backpackers

Wanaka, New Zealand

Good place to stay, kitchen and facilities were all clean. The only downside was girl in our room turned off heating second night we were there and it was minus 8 outside, no fault of hostel but be good to have remote in central location in room. I would stay again.

• 30th Jun 2014

Nomads Queenstown

Queenstown, New Zealand

AWFUL! The lockers in our room majority had broken doors. Our room was located at the back of the building &each night until 4am the nightclub outside can be heard, felt like I was trying to sleep in a nightclub! The front desk staff were ok but some of the people working for free were some of the rudest people I have ever met, only cared about partying and eating the 'free' dinner each evening. Working for free eat all the dinner. Toilets & kitchen not clean, no clean clothes to dry dishes.

• 26th Jun 2014
  • Globetrotter

Hi Deirdre - I am so, so sorry to read this feedback and feel terrible we couldn't have fixed this problems during your stay. We last week had a huge deep clean on all bathrooms and the kitchen as you're absolutely right, these were not clean enough. Our maintenance manager is currently going through every room as many lockers are damaged which we're doing our best to get up to standard as soon as possible. I have also addressed the meal issue with our hostel helpers as this isn't good at all.

Bungi Backpackers

Queenstown, New Zealand

We stayed for two nights in room outside, it was warm as had two heaters but there was something in the roof at night could have been a bird or squirrel, not sure, it didn't come into the room and staff did say they would investigate. GHD and hairdryers were a plus. Fridges need to be cleaned out and additional fridge would be good too.

• 24th Jun 2014

Around The World Backpackers

Christchurch, New Zealand

Staff were a bit rude when we checked in seemed like we were disturbing them...?! Walls are paper thin so all the music and noise from downstairs could be heard quite clearly in our room right until about 5am which was not so noise. Light and socket at each bed was good.

• 19th Jun 2014
  • Globetrotter

Thanks for your review. Walls are concrete but windows are not double glazing so that could have been where the noise was coming in. We are a very busy hostel so our staff members can have a lot on at once. We always get great reviews about our customer service, so sorry to hear you did not receive the same. All the best with your trip.

Dusky Lodge

Kaikoura, New Zealand

Had a great stay here, staff were so nice and friendly and went out of their way to help us. Free brekkie a nice touch. Room was warm and bed comfy.

• 17th Jun 2014
  • Globetrotter

Thanks for the positive feedback. We're glad you enjoyed your time here at Dusky

YHA Wellington City

Wellington, New Zealand

Had a nice stay here but it was quite pricey for what we got. Kitchen, bathrooms and bedrooms were clean.

• 13th Jun 2014

Taupo Urban Retreat

Taupo, New Zealand

Good hostel, staff really nice helped us out with tips for skydiving and tongarrio crossing. Rooms are warm and drink is cheap, good selection of dvds to watch too. The only downside is the kitchen which has no oven and could do with new plates, cups and cutlery. I think the reason though is because other guests take them as there are signs up asking people to not do this. Would stay here again.

• 6th Jun 2014

Rotorua Central Backpackers

Rotorua, New Zealand

Such comfortable beds...slept great. Constant heating is nice too. Staff were friendly its right in the centre of Rotorua and would definitely stay here again.

• 4th Jun 2014

YHA Tauranga

Tauranga, New Zealand

The girl on reception was so lovely and really helpful. Everywhere was spotless, facilities good.

• 2nd Jun 2014

Oaklands Lodge

Auckland, New Zealand

The guy on reception was lovely and really helpful but the people working in the hostel presumably working for free not so nice. Room was comfortable and warm.

• 30th May 2014

Surfside Backpacker

Apollo Bay, Australia

I really liked this hostel, Robyn was lovely and went out of her way to make us feel welcome and helped us the following day with directions and places to see. The hostel has a really homely feel to it, and beds were comfortable and clean. Bathrooms spotless too. Would definitely stay here again.

• 19th Apr 2014

Warrnambool Beach Backpackers

Warrnambool, Australia

This hostel would have been a lot better if they didn't let young children stay, being woken up by 4 children running up and down the hallways screaming and shouting at 7am and still running around at 10am was not exactly nice. Beds were clean, kitchen needs improving, staff were nice. Best thing is the chill out area and array of films and games.

• 18th Apr 2014

Dreamtime Travellers Rest

Cairns, Australia

Stay was ok here, we paid quite a bit for our room and then to find you had to pay for aircon on top of that and you had to pay for wi-fi also. Staff were nice and accommodating.

• 27th Nov 2013

Green Kiwi Backpacker Hostel

Singapore, Singapore

Good stay here, beds clean and comfortable

• 9th Nov 2013

Oriental Riverside Residence

Melaka, Malaysia

Really nice friendly and clean hostel. Owner was very nice. Location brilliant!

• 8th Nov 2013

Matahari Lodge

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Had one of best nights sleep here, very quiet and comfortable bed with great blankets. Only bad thing we got clothes washed and few items now have big yellow stains on them.

• 6th Nov 2013

Malabar

Penang, Malaysia

Really liked it here, very clean

• 30th Oct 2013

Blanco Beach Bar

Koh Phi Phi, Thailand

We had good stay here, two great nights out and door of dorm was locked when no one around and security guy on from 10pm onwards. Food good at bar and good selection. Cheapest drinks on island too!

• 28th Oct 2013

Echo Beach Backpackers

Koh Phangan, Thailand

We stayed here for the full moon party and met some of the greatest people also staying at the hostel. We were packed into a room with four other bunk beds all beside one another (and no gaps between) and no protection from insects and no air conditioning. We paid for air conditioned room but never got it. I was covered in bites from the sofas in the front room where the dogs lay around most days and sleep on at night. We had great nights there but again purely because we made great friends.

• 18th Oct 2013

Happy Guest House

Siem Reap, Cambodia

Liked this hostel, they organised a brilliant tour guide and tuk tuk driver for tours. The food took a while to come in the restaurant but they were very busy. The room was clean, bathroom was clean and was good value for money. Would stay here again.

• 13th Oct 2013

Ocean Walk Inn

Sihanoukville, Cambodia

Stayed here for two nights, good value for money. We stayed first night with just a fan in the room and second night moved to room with AC because of the heat.

• 10th Oct 2013

The Mad Monkey

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Cool place to stay, good atmosphere and rooms very nice. Food was bit pricey in restaurant. Would stay again.

• 9th Oct 2013

Long Hostel

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Enjoyed our stay at this hostel, very accomadating. Good breakfast, coffee and wifi.

• 5th Oct 2013

Sunflower Hotel Hoi An

Hoi An, Vietnam

Stayed here for four nights and had nice relaxing time at hotel. Staff were so helpful, friendly and made sure we were ok at all times. I hurt my knee and they accommodated me as best they could. Also breakfast was very good!!

• 1st Oct 2013

Hanoi Lucky Guesthouse

Hanoi, Vietnam

Myself and my boyfriend stayed here for two nights, they organised our trip to halong bay and had number of different Options to choose from. They also helped us with booking overnight sleeper train. I dropped my phone in water and guy in hostel was so helpful getting me big bag of rice to help soak up water.

• 26th Sep 2013

Villa Thony 1 House 1

Luang Prabang, Laos

We really liked staying here, we originally booked for two nights and then ended up staying for four. It's only a small bit out from more central area but only a very short walk away and restaurants shops etc in this area were better value for money. Owner was lovely and other staff also.

• 22nd Sep 2013

Aoi Garden Home

Chiang Mai, Thailand

My boyfriend and I stayed here for three nights and found it comfortable, clean and staff very friendly. Aoi was great giving advice about tours and booking them for us. Breakfast is also delicious!!

• 16th Sep 2013

HI-Ottawa Jail Hostel

Ottawa, Canada

It is pretty cool to stay in a jail, place is really clean!

• 24th Aug 2010

Global Village Backpackers

Toronto, Canada

I stayed at this hostel for one night with my boyfriend and I have never seen a dirtier place. The floors were filthy. We arrived in the room to find no towels and the so called clean sheets covered in long black hairs. The breakfast the next morning we got two little pancakes that we queued for around forty minutes to get. There are way nicer hostels to stay while in Toronto.

• 20th Aug 2010

ACBB Hostel Niagara

Niagara Falls, Canada

My boyfriend and I stayed here for one night and had great time. Staff really nice, Emma, Luke and Patrick. Really helpful when we thought we lost our phone. Breakfast muffins delicious too!

• 19th Aug 2010

Canadiana Backpackers Inn

Toronto, Canada

Have no complaints about this hostel, very clean, great atmosphere and the location couldn't be better. Really made my visit to Toronto!

• 15th Aug 2010