Location: Scotland, Gender: Female, Age: 30

Prague Square Hostel

Prague, Czech Republic

We just stayed here for one night and slept very well despite the constant noise from other guests. I had temporarily forgotten that I am not 20 years old anymore, while most of the other guests were! :) Loved that breakfast was provided along with a sandwich for lunch and a towel if you needed one. Extremely friendly and knowledgeable staff and located right in the heart of the old town.

Locomotive Light Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

The hostel very kindly organised a taxi for us from the airport as our flight arrived late at night. This was a much-welcomed service, although being driven through unlit streets by a stranger who enjoyed texting & making calls while driving was a bit unsettling! I would just like to reassure any future guests that it was fine! We were given our own little apartment a few streets away from the main hostel, which was a great surprise. Excellent Hungarian restaurant on the corner across the street

Saucy Mary's Lodge

Isle of Skye, Scotland

Lacking in facilities but ok if you want something very basic. Fitted sheets on bed not changed/cleaned - instead they provide a sheet for you to lie on/under. This made me doubt the cleanliness of the duvet cover... Kitchen ill-equipped. Cutlery was often scarce and there was only one knife (a bread knife!). Hostel would benefit from a common room since there is nowhere to relax apart from bed or pub. For the high price, it would've been nice if breakfast (at least cereal/toast) was included.

Urban House

San Sebastian, Spain

Maybe it was just because I came during the festival weekend, but it would´ve been nice to have been able to access the kitchen at 11 in the morning! I had to leave all the food I´d bought!

Excellent location, right near the centre of town. Good facilities. My only complaint would be that it´s the noisiest hostel I´ve ever stayed in.... but this was more due to inconsiderate travellers rather than the hostel itself.

Sant Jordi Les Corts Hostel

Barcelona, Spain

Lovely quiet hostel with very friendly staff and good facilities. Definitely worth a visit if you want some peace and quiet!

Sant Jordi Les Corts Hostel

Barcelona, Spain

Lovely quiet hostel with very friendly staff and good facilities.

Meiga Backpackers

Santiago de Compostela, Spain

Well-kept with good facilities and atmosphere.

Such a fun hostel with a great atmosphere and social events to get to know your fellow travellers! Will definitely come back if I can.

Very well situated with friendly staff and good facilities. You need to keep in mind that it is an actual student residence, so you will of course experience the noise and disruption that comes with that. Would have been nice if there were padlocked lockers in the rooms to keep luggage safe.