• Scotland, Mixed Group, 31-40
Jaeger Acton Hostel, London, England
7th Mar 2013

There was a young gentlemen member of staff who helped me with my bag, answered any questions I asked. He was kind and pleasant. He was the biggest plus of the hostel. The female staff were very rude to him and very cold and unwelcoming to myself and my son. I expected a level of noise staying above a pub. That was really not the issue as the room was street facing and the noise at night in the street below was horrendous. The windows were so useless it felt as if one was open. Awful sleep.

• Scotland,
Allogi La Gondola, Venice, Italy
29th Jul 2006

Wow!! It was an excellent location minutes from the train station. I have to say the best hostel I have been in so far. The only flaw was the heat and not fans or air conditioning.

• Scotland,
Alberg Gaudi, Barcelona, Spain
15th Jul 2006

You had to beg for the air conditioning to be put on and you woke up sweating because it was turned off before 6 am. Charged for sheets and towels that should have been provided.