Location: Australia, Gender: Male, Age: 32

Bahaus Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

Don't believe the hype. Honestly there's nothing bad to say about this hostel, but also nothing amazing about it either. After reading their description of themselves you might think it's the greatest hostel off all time. It's clean enough, the rooftop bar/breakfast area is ok, but the breakfast is bad (and only goes till 9.30) 5 lira for a coffee?! Plus there's no hookahs like in the pics. C at best.

Your comments are untrue. We don't charge for everything. Breakfast is free. Nescafe (as well as tea and fruit juices) is free at breakfast. Espresso, capuchinno, mocha and hot chocolate are 5 lira.If you want nescafe after breakfast is finished, as you did, of course you will have to pay. 9:30 finish time for breakfast is common in many hostels around the world. It is breakfast not lunch.

Bambook Bamboo Guesthouse

Varna, Bulgaria

AMAZING! Bambook bamboo was absolutely perfect! Wes and Lynn were amazing hosts, picking us up, dropping us off and even cooking us a BBQ dinner! The location is really good, a short walk down the hill to the best beach, cafes and bars. There's a view from the balcony and the rooms are really cool, modern and clean. We'd stay here again in a heartbeat and we have been recommending it to everyone!!

Peaches Hostel

Bucharest, Romania

Peaches was so good! We had a double room and it was amazing! Big, clean, our own private bathroom with a jacuzzi.. Im serious. The staff were amazingly helpful and helped us phone our bus company etc. I would definitely recommend Peaches to anyone looking for a nice escape from the streets of Bucharest!

Kismet Dao Hostel

Brasov, Romania

Good hostel, close to everything, the staff were really friendly and helpful. Bed was a bit crappy (double) #springsinthebutt but apart from that everything was great. They organize tours to get to all the castles which is super handy being that they're all quite a drive from Brasov.

Academica Summer Hostel

Helsinki, Finland

The rooms are big and clean with a lot of natural light. Location is about a 10 min walk from the main centre. It advertised a pool and sauna. Firstly its just a sauna. Secondly Males and females have to use it at different times because Fins love to go nude, and that means no couples. They almost laughed at me when I asked for free coffee (no pay coffee either) And NO WIFI IN ROOMS. For about $100 a night I expect the basics. No breakfast, no atmosphere either.

Great hostel in the middle of old town. Its an old building and we had a window that looked out down onto the street. Bed was amazing, true Scandi style. The breakfast (as with a lot of hostels) was pretty average but I can't really fauly much. Its nice and quiet and had good Wifi too!!

Riga Style Hostel

Riga, Latvia

Riga style is a really nice! Its a new hostel a 5 minute walk from where the bus terminal and the old town, so location wise it couldn't be better. We had a double room which was Bora bora themed and super nice, I really can't fault anything about this hostel, it's one of the best we've stayed in... except for the stairs to get up there.. There's a lot!

• 31st May 2013

Pogo Hostel

Vilnius, Lithuania

It was a good clean hostel in a great location. Nothing stands out as being awesome, but nothing stands out as being bad either!

New World St. Hostel

Warsaw, Poland

Great hostel, nice, modern, clean. Breakfast was really basic. I hope you like Nutella on Bread. Honestly tho it was good. One minor thing: They say they do laundry, which means you do your own laundry. No dryer and the spin doesn't work, so allow an extra night for drying. :I That being said the staff were really nice and extremely helpful when asking about things to do around town. The rooms are themed and really cool. Id say stay here definitely but skip the breakfast and laundry!

THE WORST. I'm not new to backpacking, I've stayed in hundreds of hostels and I can honestly say this was the worst. They let a stag party stay in the hostel and there were people partying, yelling, banging on our door or trying to open our door until 7am. I went down to the front desk multiple times and they said there's nothing they could do. They did nothing to make it better, not even a coffee or a discount. Didn't sleep at all. Everything was bad. Beds sucked, Wifi sucked, no breakfast. BAD

Hi, we are truly sorry that you had this very bad experience at our hostel. Sometimes happens that there is a big group celebrating. We always do everything to make it as much as comfortable for everyone. And it is not true that we didn't do anything about the noisy group. Personally asked everyone to calm down several times and in the end I called the police. The breakfast is not included in the price, but you've got 10% discount for everything at the restaurant.

Hostel One Prague

Prague, Czech Republic

Great hostel! We booked a double and it had a living room and kitchen! It's a nice, modern, secure hostel a fairly short walk or tram 2 stops from downtown/old town. Staff at the front desk were friendly and helpful. The hostel doesn't do breakfast but it's Prague so an amazing breakfast at the cafe up the street will only cost like $5 anyways!

EastSeven Berlin Hostel

Berlin, Germany

Great hostel, big spacious rooms, comfy beds, helpful staff, awesome coffee and in a good area close to some good cheap places to eat and drink. It's no wonder it's been voted one of the best hostels worldwide.

Archipelago Hostel Old Town

Stockholm, Sweden

It's an a great location in the old town buy its very small and very bland which from what we've seen is pretty typical for Scandinavian hostels. It cost us about $150 US for a private room (shared bathroom) which is ridiculous for what you get. Sheets and towels cost extra, crappy pillows ( I mean actually laughed when I saw them) and zero atmosphere. No communal areas or anything, just a small hallway and rooms coming off it. Rip off.

Copenhagen GO Hotel

Copenhagen, Denmark

KEX Hostel

Reykjavik, Iceland

Kex was simply the best. I've stayed in hundreds of hostels (not kidding) and KEX ticked all the boxes. Cool old building, large spacious rooms, bed was incredible (pillow top) extremely cool bar and lounge area and with a view that you have to see to believe. Hipsters paradise I heard it described as and thats so true. Hands down the best breakfast I've had included at a hostel too. BOOK IT.

Hotel Apogia Nice

Nice, France

It was a nice hotel, only 5 minutes walk from the water, the breakfast was great, large modern clean rooms. Our only problem was that the wifi was a bit inconsistent. (needed to put the codes in every time and often couldn't connect) Apart from that really good!

Hotel Benvenuti

Florence, Italy

It was really good! Big clean rooms, great tv, great ac, fast wifi and the staff were really helpful! Really good value for money!