Hostel Des Artistes

Rome, Italy

It's just like all the other anonymous hotel style hostels in Rome (I have been to four or five of them over the years). It's pretty close to the Yellow hostel bar if you're looking to meet other backpackers.

U Hostels

Madrid, Spain

Fantastic hostel. It's well designed (outlets and lights for every bed), rooms are big, location and staff are great. The Flamenco outing was awesome. The hostel is quite large but I had no problem meeting people to hang out with which was great too.

Sant Jordi Arago Hostel

Barcelona, Spain

Great location and staff. Met some pretty cool people but it is a 100% party hostel (I mean, it is Barcelona) so keep that in mind.

Astor Hyde Park

Nice enough place - I just have little nits like having to walk up to the 4th floor, the tube is a little further away than I'd like, and the hostel is a bit too big to meet people here easily (excluding meeting people in your room). Beds are overly squeaky too which is a bummer. That said it's a clean place in a good neighborhood, and I have rebooked once, so there you go.

Blue Pepper Chapultepec

Guadalajara, Mexico

Had a ton of fun here, even while spending a week knocked out with a nasty case of the flu. Great staff and met a lot of cool people. I kept my motorcycle out front for two weeks while I was there and had no issues.

We are glad that you enjoyed yourself despite the fact that you had a flu. We hope that you come back again to chill with us. Greetings from the staff at Blue Pepper.

One of the best hostels I've stayed at anywhere. If you're in San Diego, have your own transportation, and aren't looking for a party hostel, stay here. Staff is great, kitchen is greats, beds are great, outdoor seating area is great. And you know a hostel has their act together when each bed has its own outlet and light.

Thank you so much for the awesome review! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here! You are always welcome back!

Duo Housing Los Angeles

Los Angeles, USA

The staff are great and fun to hang out with. The rooms are a little cramped, but not terribly so. It has a party hostel vibe so keep that in mind. The 4 bed mixed dorm (I think there is only one but I am not certain) is right off the living room so it can be loud if you're going to bed before midnight or 1.

Camelot Inn & Hostel

Salt Lake City, USA

Not a hostel vibe at all as the common areas aren't large enough to really hang out, but it's a really great deal for the price if the alternative is a hotel room.

Thank you for complimenting our prices. ====COMMON AREAS==== Most travelers find that there is enough room in both the kitchen and the lounge to hang out. We even have a massage chair in the lounge. And in the summer when it's warm, we have benches outside where our guests can visit. ===TESTIMONIALS=== 68)...I enjoy sitting in the living room and chatting with the friends I just made there. Christine C. (8S) Chungli, Taiwan

Idahostel

Boise, USA

Kind of dumpy, but works, and it's right downtown. I'd still rather stay here than drop $50 for a cheap motel in a crappy part of town.

Great homey hostel. Met a few people who were heading out to Shambhala as I was...

HI-Whistler

Whistler, Canada

Almost too nice for a hostel as these were dorms for the olympics, but you do pay good money for it. Felt like a hotel - there was no social vibe, although I'm guessing that's different when it's (presumably) full in the winter.

Hi Mark, sorry to hear the hostel vibe wasn't what you hoped for. The vibe is definitely as good as people want to make it, and you are right, when we are full in the winter, it definitely helps. Thanks for your feedback, Marc - Manager

HI-Vancouver Jericho Beach

Vancouver, Canada

Great location, good staff. Dorms are too big and the building is noisy - loud, squea

Hostel Central

Florence, Italy

Great place.

Vanilla Guesthouse

Goa, India

Great place. Unusually neat and clean for India.