Nomads Auckland

Auckland, New Zealand

Come on guys, you very simply need to tell clearly that your hostel doesn't allow any alcohol. You won't do that because you understand that quite a few travellers would have gone elsewhere had they known that.

Hi there, thank you very much for your review. We don't allow drinking in the hostel and mention this on check in. This doesn't mean we are not a great place to have a good time though. The bar inside the hostel offers cheap drink and pizza specials to ensure a good time for everyone on a budget. We would like to get your feedback on the cleanliness as you have rated it lower than other categories. Please email us under nadine@nomadsworld.com Thanks Nomads Auckland Management

Swiss Hostal Martinik

Bogota, Colombia

The owner had a mix-up with my reservation but he had arranged me a new place even before I arrived. Also, he got me a taxi to the airport from the other hostel without asking as he knew when I was leaving. The hostel seemed nice when I stayed there for five minutes and I'm sure everything is taken care of. The location, however, it's not quite the safest after dark.

Hello A Thanks a lot for your review, very kind! :-) There was no mix-up with the reservation, fact is the guest in your room decided no to leave on the agreed check-out date and as he was out in town, I couldn't do anything better than getting you a room in another nice hostel. Our location (Carrera 4 # 11-88) is actually a safe location within the Candelaria, as there is always movement and we are only 3 blocks from the parliamente. Our location is safer than the one up at Carrera 2 or above - we also have double security doors and CCTV system :-) Cheers and good travels, hope to see you soon again! Martinik

El Viajero Cartagena Hostel

Cartagena, Colombia

Ok then, this really depends on what you want. As the hostel is huge, it's kind of uncharacteristic a bit. It's not a noisy party hostel but there will be people around drinking beer and having fun at all times, be it 5am or whenever. The breakfast is not as good as they say it is but gets you started for the day. The no-key policy is excellent and does not compromise security at all.

Some might complain about the location as it's quite far away from El Poblado. However, there are other parts in the city and a metro station is a few minutes away to get you there. The area is very safe. I stayed in a comfortable single en-suite room. Nobody came to clean the room at all but that's only good for me as why would I need it. It was ever so clean when I arrived. As the staff was excellent I'm sure I could've simply asked for it, had I so wished.

North House Hostel

Bogota, Colombia

Great hostel in the safest area of Bogota. Staff was excellent and you get what you expect in a hostel.

Euphoria

Tallinn, Estonia

I only stayed for one night and didn't get to hang out there as I was in a gig. But the character surely looked perfect. Location is good as well but most likely requires some walking but it's not far at all. Staff was great and they let me use their printer for free when I was in desperate hurry and needed to print out my ticket.

Old Town Hostel Gdansk

Gdansk, Poland

Great hostel with no problems whatsoever. Staff was very helpful (as always) after I lost my phone and let me use theirs for free. The location is a bit off but you can still walk and there is a good public transport system and a 24h supermarket next to the hostel.

Freddy's

Tirana, Albania

This is not a place to meet other people but there's no time for such in Tirana anyway. Very clean and a nice hostel. Of course Freddy's airport lifts aren't free but cheaper than taxis anyway.

SunnyLakeHostel

Ohrid, Macedonia

Stop looking, you have found THE PLACE to stay in Ohrid. The standards are exceptionally high with the staff being even nicer than that. Especially, Katarina you are a star.

Laki Hotel

Skopje, Macedonia

The staff are nice but the place is very run-down. I was on my own but they have two beds in rooms that are too small for one bed. You wouldn't want to cram two in there even if you were friends or family.

Hotel Vila Silia

Skopje, Macedonia

This isn't the choice for backpacking but a great place for having a good night's sleep after tiring travelling. Very clean and great staff, ask for the airport pickup.