B&B Eurohome

Florence, Italy

A nice place. A perfect place if you are visiting Florence by car. To call it a "bed and breakfast" is a bit of a stretch. Breakfast was a packaged croussaint that was in the room when I checked in. However, excellent value, fast internet and comfortable bed. Water pressue and warm shower was a plus. The staff was friendly. If using GPS, do not type in "Florence". The "b&b" is in Signa. Take the train into Florence since parking anywhere near the tourist district is next ot impossible.

Rivendell Guest House

Windhoek, Namibia

A very nice guesthouse. Friendly service and delicious food. You do have to pay for internet access, but the rates are reasonable (20 R for 45 min). I would certainly stay here again!

Ashanti Lodge Green Point

Cape Town, South Africa

Excellent place to stay. Good breakfast with make-your -own pancakes. WiFi was free and worked well. You need to bring your own lock for the locker under your bed (in dorms). they do not sell locks at the hostel. The location is a good 45 minute walk from the city center, but there is plenty to do and see. The staff was quite friendly and helpful. However, the hostel could provide better public transport directions from the airport. I would certainly stay here again!

Thanks for your review David - I will ensure that we update our airport directions as soon as possible :-) Regards Lisa

Sondzela Backpackers

Malkerns, Swaziland

An excellent place to stay in Swaziland. I arrived in the evening and the guard let me in. Dorm beds were comfortable and the shower was warm. You do pay for breakfast and other meals. Dinner was a great value! Plenty of wildlife outside and good travel advice from the staff. Sitting and watching the landscape was very relaxing.

Youthhostel Basel

Basel, Switzerland

As good as you get in central Basel. I was able to walk about the city with ease and use the free public transport card (which they provided) with ease. I've stayed at different hostels in Basel and this is the best!

Choiseul Hotel

Bordeaux, France

Excellent location and welcoming staff. Only one shared shower, so I had to wait 15 minutes. However, it was a good shower. Very good value. I would stay here again the next time I am in Bordeaux.

• 7th Sep 2012

The 3 Ducks

Paris, France

This hostel is dirty, noisy and old, so bad as to make it interesting. It is how a hostel might have been in the 19th century with small well-worn smelly beds and a rickety old architecture. Bring ear plugs if you plan to go to bed before 2am since only glass separates your room from the courtyard where people chat away throughout the night. No security, so do not bring valuables. Sheets cost 3.5 Euros. Nice manager, unbeatable price and excellent location. Strangely, I would stay again.

• 8th Jan 2012
  • Globetrotter

I have stayed at dozens of hostels in over a ten years of travel and have never come across a hostel that offered so much in terms of value for money spent and facilities. I actually heard about this hostel from other travelers while wondering through southern Vietnam and Cambodia. Everyone praised the beds, showers and breakfast. I was pleased to find that all that I had heard was accurate. The dorm rooms are a bit narrow and it is certainly not a party hostel. Perfect for me!

Hak's House Hostel

Siem Reap, Cambodia

A very nice hostel. I stayed in a single delux room and enjoyed it. Very clean and welcoming. There is no wifi in the rooms, but it works well in the entrance area. The hostel is about a fifteen minute walk from town, but tuk tuks are ready and willing to help you out for a dollar or two. The hostel does not offer a complimentary map, so be sure to bring your own. Folks who stayed in hostels in town said it was very noisey. Huk's is quiet and you will sleep well!

Long Hostel

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Outstanding way to start my visit in Vietnam. The Long family, who run the hostel, were very welcoming. Excellent breakfast, wifi, showers, etc. The dorms are on the fifth floor (no elevator). The room got a bit warm at night, but there were noisy fans by each bed. Great location. This is where I would stay if ever in HCMC again!

Miso Guesthouse and Hostel

Seoul, South Korea

A comfortable guest house with a very kind and welcoming owner. Great internet and wifi. The showers were warm and beds were comfortable. The location is an easy walk from the metro and there are lots of restaurants nearby. My only concern was the number of mosquitoes at night in the dorm rooms. Other then that, Miso's was a great place and I would certainly stay again.

Come Inn Guesthouse

Seoul, South Korea

A perfect guesthouse! Thank you Justin for showing us the neighborhood and introducing us to Korean foods and drinks. A very lively area, near the university. Great showers and comfortable beds. The wifi connection co uld be a bit stronger on the lower floor, but there were plenty of computers for people to use. I would stay hear again and highly recommend it!

Guest House Kaine

Fukuoka City, Japan

A nice place to spend the evening. The staff was very very helpful. Good wifi and internet. Cockroach spotted in communal sink area. The hostal is located next to a restaurant, so it was probably a neighbor. The five person dorm was a bit packed and one fellows snored like a cricket (strange, but not the fault of the hostel. I'd stay there again, if I need a place to crash for the evening. Location is near the action of Fukuoka.

A good hostel in an interesting and old building. Friendly staff. No a good place for a light sleeper. Even after midnight you could hear every conversation in the building through the walls and plenty of loud footsteps. Still, it was a nice place and I would stay again.

University of Bath

Bath, England

Very noisy in the evenings due to students staying at the university for a summer program. Windows do little to block out the noise outside. Staff does not seem to care. Otherwise, a great campus and facilities. If will stay again and bring ear plugs...

• 20th Jul 2011

The LightHouse

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The staff at this hostel made it one of the best I have ever stayed in! Very helpful and friendly. Everyone there, both staff and guests, seemed happy. The hostel is very clean, beds comfortable, very safe, good breakfast and excellent location. There are two bathrooms/showers for ten people with warm water. This place books up, so make sure to reserve a spot well in advance. I watched many walk-ins get turned away, sadly to other hosters. Thank you Sylvia and staff!!!

• 15th Aug 2010

Pocitos Hostel

Montevideo, Uruguay

Upon arrival, I was told that the dorm was full and they would 'upgrade me to a double. The room was right next to 'the doorway and lobby. I returned to go to sleep around 01:30. Throughout the next four hours I was woken up by doorballs, telephone calls and loud conversations in the lobby (mostly staff). Even after making a request to keep the noise down at 5:30, the loud talking continued. The location is far from the city center, but near beaches.

El Viajero - Hostel & Suites

Colonia del Sacramento, Uruguay

A very nice hostel with a very friendly staff. The pizza dinner was a bit basic, but good effort to offer something... Warm showers, comfortable beds, working wifi, good information about Colonia and great location.

Hostel Suites Florida

Buenos Aires, Argentina

A nice hostel overall. Do not sign up for trips or experiences at this hostel. Prices are marked up 25 - 30% what they would be if you bought at the actual location. The city bus tour is lousy and the parrilla experience ($100 at venue/$130 for tickets at hostel) is over-rated (ran out of meat!). Beds are comfortable, wifi works and showers are warm. Lots of drunk Brazilians, especially at 6am.

Eco Hostel

Santiago, Chile

Very nice place and great concept! About a ten minute walk from the action.

Black Cat Hostel

Asuncion, Paraguay

A great place to stay. It is the only hostel in town and is dedicated towards increasing tourism in the Paraguay. Very helpful and interesting staff. Showers are somewhat warm. Excellent location!

Pariwana Hostel Cusco

Cusco, Peru

This is an ideal hostel. There is something for everyone. Amazing shower and comfortable beds. The wifi works well and I was impressed to find outlets in the lockers in my room. A fun place and I´d be sure to visit again.

Shelter Jordan

Amsterdam, Netherlands

A good place overall. As you have already read, the place is very Christian and very welcoming. Dorms were comfortable and the location was not too bad. The Internet did not work in the evenings and was on and off during the day. The staff are all volunteers.

Alberguinn Youth Hostel

Barcelona, Spain

I've stayed in a lot of hostels and this is one of the best. Top quality staff, clean, near the the train station... Everything was perfect!

Nomads Skylodge

Nadi, Fiji

A nice resort/hostel near the airport. It is a good hour and a half walk into Nadi, but worth the effort. Food is Ok, but drinks are a bit high in price. Good advice on travel. Give yourself lot's of flexibility for the shuttle. We had to wait over an hour for the shuttle from the airport to the hostel and the return shuttle to the airport was over 40 minutes late. The response of the staff (i's on Fiji time). Clean rooms.

The Lakehouse Hotel

Rotorua, New Zealand

A nice, but quiet place. Great location near the thermal springs. A bit of a walk to town. I woke up to a terrific view of the lake. The private rooms are not that expensive and highly recommended.

An excellent hostel. The staff is outstanding and even made special arrangements for my 3am arrival. About a 15 minute walk from the city, but great area. Also, very helpful with finding me a car to rent

Bahaus Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

Great place and excellent location. Staff is outstanding. Slow internet and bring an extra 3 lire for a lock if you do not have one.

Hostel Baccarat

Nice, France

Good for the location. I was in the eight person room and things were a bit cramped. Best price in town. Good people. Free internet!

Sentrum Hostel

Oslo, Norway

Great staff, super helpful. Great location if you're coming in from the airport. Just a few blocks from the trainstation and a ten minute walk from the center. Great Breakfast!

Desert Safary Hotel

Cairo, Egypt

Good place and good people. The manager helped me plan a trip to Luxor and Dahab. Nice common area with Internet access. I would highly recommend this hostel.

Coast Hostel

Varna, Bulgaria

Nice place and great staff. It is a little hard to find because there is no sign outside. Call ahead...

Black Sea Backpackers

Odessa, Ukraine

Geeat place! Outstanding staff! I really enjoyed this hostel and highly recommend it! Best location you could ask for...

Circus Hostel

Berlin, Germany

The staff is outstanding!