Location: Singapore, Gender: Male, Age: 31

MEININGER Amsterdam City West

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Great location next to Sloterdijk station. Easy access by train to Amsterdam Centraal station (5 min) and Schiphol Airport (10 min). Friendly staffs, but reception tends to be busy. Room is clean and comfortable, but my roommates used up all the toilet paper in the washroom (luckily I brought some toilet paper from a previous hostel).

• 16th Jun 2014
  • Singapore

Dear guest, Thank you very much for writing down your feedback here! We are happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay here. Next time please let us know the issue with your room mates: we will be happy to provide you with fresh toilet paper:) We hope to welcome you here again soon! Warm regards, Meininger Amsterdam

Phoenix Hostel

Good: Great location, short walk to Edgware Road and Marylebone tube stations, quiet neighbourhood, friendly staffs, free wifi (accessible in the lobby, unstable in the rooms), cheap breakfast (only £1.50) Bad: Luggage storage not free (£2), bed very squeaky - even a slight body movement or a cough make the bed squeak like a dozen trains passing through a railway crossing... (Curiously, only my bed squeaks... The other beds in my room don't. I guess I'm just unlucky.)

• 3rd Jun 2014

Pil Pil Hostel

Bilbao, Spain

I love the location, which is close to Termibus (bus station). There's a tram stop right in front of the hostel and I can easily take the tram to Guggenheim, the Renfe train station, the old town and Atxuri train station (for Euskotren services to Gernika). The hostel itself is bright and cheerful, with a cosy dining room and a spacious courtyard at the back. Staffs and fellow roommates are friendly. If I return to Bilbao I will stay here again.

• 2nd Jan 2014

Roger's House

San Sebastian, Spain

Great location right in the middle of the old town, with lots of pintxos bars around the area. The hostel itself is along a quiet street so it's peaceful at night. (There are notices to remind people that it is not a party place.) Staffs and fellow roommates were friendly and I felt like living in someone's home. If I return to San Sebastian I will stay here again.

• 1st Jan 2014
  • Singapore

Good location within walking distance to Campans Caffarelli metro station and St Sernin church. Friendly staffs, but the opening hours of the office is limited, especially in the morning (only from 10am to 12:30pm). My room is ok, with ensuite bathroom and kitchen. There's a Carrefour at Campans Caffarelli metro station so it's easy to buy things to cook in the room. There's also wifi in the room, but I find it unstable, especially when everyone is surfing at the same time.

• 28th Dec 2013
  • Singapore

Thank you so much for your comment! We are happy you enjoyed your stay wsith us and we hope to see you back here soon!

Hotel Majestic

Montpellier, France

I love the location - 5 min walk to the train station or Place de la Comedie. The hotel is along a narrow side-street, so the place is quiet. There is no lift, and my room is small, but at least the free wifi is fast and stable. It's value for money considering that I get a single room here for the same price as a dorm bed in Paris. At 7pm almost every shop in Montpellier closes. If hungry after 7pm, the nearest places for dinner are at Place de la Comedie.

• 27th Dec 2013

Pop' Hostel

Avignon, France

I love the location - along the main street between the train station and the papal palace. Access to the main door, the corridors and the rooms are by electronic key card. The dorm beds have individual curtains, which are great for privacy. However the washbasin in my room is clogged, and the shared bathroom on my floor has only one washbasin (which was forever occupied). Because of that, I didn't brush my teeth for 1 night (as I was too tired to wait).

• 26th Dec 2013

A&O Graz Hauptbahnhof

Graz, Austria

The location is perfect - close to the main station and there's a tram stop right in front of the hostel. (Those who are lazy to walk from/to the main station can take the tram for 1 stop.) There are frequent trams to the old town and to Eggenberg palace. The main station area has supermarkets, shops and restaurants. The staffs I met were friendly and the room is clean. The rate is really cheap, but it doesn't include bedsheets, breakfast, wifi....

• 21st Dec 2013

MEININGER Salzburg City Center

Salzburg, Austria

The location is a little far from the main station or old town, but there are tram connections to both. There's a small shopping mall next to the hostel and inside the mall there's a supermarket (very convenient, but it closes at 8pm). The place is clean and the free wifi is fast. If I return to Salzburg I'd stay here again.

• 20th Dec 2013
  • Singapore

Hi! Thank you for your comment! We are happy to hear that you had such a pleasant stay with us! We hope that you indeed will return to Salzburg so we can welcome you here again! Best wishes Your MEININGER Salzburg Team

Nest Style Granada

Granada, Spain

Great location (right at Plaza del Carmen, close to the cathedral) with good bus connections. Many shops and eateries in the area. The breakfast room at the top floor offers good views of the plaza. My room is small, but it's clean and comfortable, with free towel and free wifi. It's value for money as my single room here costs as much as a dorm bed in France/Germany.

• 15th Dec 2013

The Architect Hostel

Seville, Spain

The location is great (very close to Plaza Nueva with tram connection and within walking distance to most attractions). There are a number of restaurants and bars right outside the hostel. However, the neighbourhood is very busy and therefore quite noisy. (Spanish people eats out late and sleeps late, so the streets are noisy until late night.) The hostel itself is clean, and I love the free wifi (fast and stable).

• 14th Dec 2013

Youthhostel Basel

Basel, Switzerland

• 29th Nov 2013

Youthhostel Interlaken

Interlaken, Switzerland

This is the perfect youth hostel - Great location (next to Interlaken Ost train station), clean rooms, friendly staff, free breakfast... I also bought the ticket for my trip to Jungfraujoch at the hostel counter.

• 16th Nov 2013

Langstars

Zurich, Switzerland

The hostel is in a trendy area. Lots of shops, eateries, bars, nightclubs along the street. However it gets a bit too noisy at night, when the bars and nightclubs swing into action. (There's a bar on the ground floor of the hostel. When I was there, a live band was performing from 10pm until midnight.) Other than the noise, my room is pretty comfortable (with free bedsheets and free wifi). The stay includes a simple breakfast.

• 15th Nov 2013

A&O Karlsruhe Hauptbahnhof

Karlsruhe, Germany

Excellent location. Karlsruhe Hbf is just next to the hostel. Bring your own bedsheets if you book a dorm, as bedsheets are not included.

• 12th Oct 2013

Jaeger's Munich

Munich, Germany

It is a pity that there is only one electrical socket in my room (for 6 people), and the electrical socket is inconveniently located on the 20cm wide wall between the main door and the toilet door (meaning any device recharging may easily get stepped by someone who came into the room or came out of the toilet). The wifi is free but the connection is bad. The only thing I love about the hostel is the location - 1 minute walk to the Hauptbahnhof (main station).

• 24th Sep 2013

Kiss & Fly B&B

Incheon, South Korea

This place feels like a cosy home, as the owner's family live in the house as well. It's a good way to experience life of a typical Korean family. The place is sparkling clean, and there is free towel, free internet and free breakfast. I like the location - quiet residential neighbourhood, close to the airport, walking distance (10 min) to Unseo train station and Lotte Mart. The owner's family and the staff from Kenya are friendly and they made my stay very comfortable.

• 4th Apr 2013

Rainbow in Jeju

Jeju Island, South Korea

Very friendly people. Love the free internet, free towel, and free breakfast. Jeju has a good public bus system, and Seoul's T-money card can be used. Useful bus services are 37 or 500 (for downtown shopping area and Jeju airport) and 100 (for intercity bus station). Samseonghyeol Shrine (historical site) and City Hall district (restaurants and nightlife) are within walking distance.

• 1st Apr 2013
  • Singapore

This is a nice place with friendly people and relaxed atmosphere. My room has no air-con, but I find the 2 wall fans sufficient. Room is generally clean but outdoor areas may have plant debris after a rain or strong winds. The hostel is in a quiet neighbourhood with no shops nearby. The shopping street is a 10-15 min walk and the beach another 5 min. The highway (Ngurah Rai Bypass) is less than a min away, so I could easily go to Denpasar, Tanah Lot, Uluwatu, etc with a rented motorbike.

• 24th Feb 2013

Frendz Resort Boracay

Boracay Island, Philippines

The hostel is conveniently between Main Road and White Beach. The path from Main Road to the hostel is opposite Balabag Elementary School. D-Mall is just 5 min walk away. The hostel is a good place to meet fellow travellers, as there's a common area where guests can mingle & the dorm consists of single beds (unlike other hostels with double-decker beds). The hostel is environmentally friendly - natural building materials, no air-con (there are fans) and no hot water (fine in hot weather)

• 20th Jan 2013

Anabelle's Guest House

Bath, England

Lovely place with a great location (close to Bath Spa train station and most major attractions). Lovely breakfast too in a beautifully decorated dining room. The host is helpful and polite, and the room is clean and comfortable. Other than the intermittent wifi and the lack of a lift (luckily the host offered to carry our luggage 2 floors up), I must say that this guest house is very pleasant and is highly recommended.

• 20th Dec 2012

Belgravia Rooms

After reading previous reviews, I expected a tiny room, but the staff gave us a free upgrade from twin room to 6-bed room, which was okay for 2 of us. (But I could imagine the room being very cramped when all 6 beds are occupied.) Location is great & room is clean, but I would not recommend heavy / buiky luggages as there is no lift, stairs are narrow, and the room hardly has space to open a suitcase. I couldn't access wifi in my room. Luckily Victoria Coach Station has free wifi.

• 18th Dec 2012

Cebu Guesthouse

Cebu, Philippines

Good: Curtain for privacy (lower beds), free wifi, helpful staff, good place to meet fellow travellers, close to Osmeña Circle (for eating, 10 min walk), Ayala Center (for shopping, 10 min walk) and Mango Square (for nightlife, 8 min walk)... Not so good: Only 2 toilets for the whole floor (have to queue in the morning), insufficient power outlets in room (and the sockets are loose... better bring an extension cord with a light 2-pin plug), floor not regularly cleaned

• 2nd Dec 2012
  • Singapore

Good location (close to Chulia Street with bus stop, 7-eleven and lots of eateries). Appreciate the free towel and the individual cubicles with curtains (good privacy). However the free wifi was very slow (and sometimes not working), and being a party hostel, loud music is a major concern for early sleepers (Luckily I was tired enough to fall asleep even with the loud music) If you want to use the locker, remember to bring your own lock.

• 21st Nov 2012

Tidoq Inn

Langkawi, Malaysia

If you are looking for peace and quiet, then this place is for you... It's in a quiet seaside Malay village between the airport and Langkawi cable car. However you'll need your own transport (car, motorbike, taxi) to get here. The staff is friendly, but is pretty slow (Be prepared for multiple waits) On my departure I just left the key in the room & left coz I didn't wanna wait. (Luckily I paid everything on 1st day). If your room has no air-con, better bring mosquito repellent...

• 20th Nov 2012

Ryokan @ Muntri Street

Penang, Malaysia

Clean hostel in a quiet neighbourhood. It's in a long and narrow shophouse, so most of the rooms have no windows. I appreciate the free towel, free wifi and free breakfast (few slices of bread, but better than nothing)...

• 19th Nov 2012

• 27th Oct 2012

Walking Story

Kaohsiung, Taiwan

I love the location (very close to Liuhe night market!), the friendly staffs and the clean rooms. Everything is so good, that I have nothing to complain about...

• 24th Oct 2012

Taipei, Taiwan

This is actually my 2nd time staying in this hostel. I love the location, the friendly staffs and the clean rooms. Everything is so good, that I have nothing to complain about... (except for the lack of a lift, which should not be a problem if your luggage is not too heavy)

• 21st Oct 2012

INBOX Hostel by FWD

Chiang Mai, Thailand

FWD House rewards those who love peace & culture. The hostel is in a quiet neighbourhood & the famous Wat Chedi Luang is just round the corner. The box bed is simple but offers ample comfort & privacy. The bathrooms are simple (cement floors) but clean. The owner Win & his wife are very helpful and will do whatever they can to make your stay a great one. It's value for money, as the rate includes free wifi, free towel, & free air-con (from 8pm to 8am - if you sleep beyond 8am, bring a fan)

• 15th Jul 2012
  • Singapore

Thank you for a great review. Look forward to our updates.

Sleeping Inn Backpackers

Surfers Paradise, Australia

Awesome staffs and great location! Too bad it was raining cats and dogs during my stay and I didn't get to enjoy the swimming pool in the hostel (as well as the various theme parks in Gold Coast).

• 26th Jun 2012
  • Singapore

Hi CS Lau, Great to hear from you and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. You will have to come back in the summer time for the swimming pool :-) !! Enjoy the rest of your travels The Sleeping Inn Team :-)

Windsor Inn Hotel

Washington DC, USA

The hotel is cosy and comfortable. Location is not bad, with buses stopping outside and metro stations a 10-min walk away. Free breakfast is simple but good enough. (If still hungry, there's a grocer opposite.) The downside of the hotel is a lack of ramps and elevators. Not good if carrying heavy luggage.

• 26th Mar 2012

Frankfurt Hostel

Frankfurt, Germany

Excellent location, right opposite Frankfurt Hauptbahnhof (main station). It's a busy place, so there is often a long queue at the reception and long wait for the lift. (There is only one lift and it can only hold 3-4 people...) Good atmosphere in the public areas.

• 25th Mar 2012
  • Singapore

I like the location - near Ningbo intercity-bus South Station (5-10min walk) and Tianyi Square (10-15min walk). It's in a quiet neighbourhood, so the hostel is quiet most of the time (but it can be noisy sometimes because of the creaking wooden floors). There are a couple of good eateries near the bus South Station. Note: Ningbo train station (opposite intercity-bus South Station) is closed for renovation and all train services are now at Ningbo East train station (You need to take a bus).

• 28th Oct 2011
  • Singapore

Things I like: only a minute's walk to the metro station, clean rooms, the public bath at the basement, the little flags representating the nationalities of the guests Things I don't like: Cigarette smoke from the smoking area drifting down the corridors

• 19th Sep 2011

Taipei, Taiwan

Pro: Friendly staffs and great location, Place is very clean because everyone has to leave his/her shoes at the entrance. Con: No lift. Have to climb stairs for 5 floors. (No problem for light traveller like me, may be a problem for those with heavy luggage...)

• 22nd Jul 2011
  • Singapore

It's a lovely place close to JR Kyoto Station and Keihan Line's Shichijo Station. Staffs are friendly and speak English well. I'll stay here again if I come to Kyoto next time.

• 13th Jun 2011
  • Singapore

Hi! Thank you for your good comment. We are also waiting for your next opportunity and looking forward to welcoming you again! Best, Ks house staff,Moe

The guesthouse is converted from an old Japanese house, so everything (from the wooden floors, central garden, sliding doors, tatami mats, etc) is very Japanese. The owners are very nice and friendly. What I like the best is the great location: close to Kintetsu Nara Station, Todai-ji temple and Nara Park (all within 5min walking distance)

• 9th Jun 2011
  • Singapore

Location is a little far from downtown, otherwise the location is okay, with convenient links to other parts of Haikou by bus/taxi, and with several eateries nearby opening 24 hours. The staff was great. She gave me a free upgrade to a larger room as it was low season. Room is generally clean, but there was a mosquito in my room at night which disturbed my sleep.

• 28th May 2011

Thorn Bird Hostel

Sanya, China

A nice little haven in a quiet residential area, close to Sanya Bay beach (1 minute walk) and convenient links to most attractions by public bus...

• 27th May 2011

K Road City Travellers

Auckland, New Zealand

The place is clean, wireless is free, and the free breakfast is simple but great (Beware of the eggs though... They are raw and need to be cooked.) Staffs are friendly but sometimes may be over-enthusiastic (vacuuming the floor at 7am on a Sunday morning...)

• 2nd Apr 2011

Criterion Art Deco Backpackers

Napier, New Zealand

The location is unbeatable (right in the city centre and close to the beach) and the Art Deco architecture is stunning! The free breakfast is simple, but great. Light sleepers may want to bring ear-plugs as there's a pub downstairs playing music until 12am - 1am...

Rotorua Planet Backpackers

Rotorua, New Zealand

The location is unbeatable (right next to I-Site) and the staffs are extremely helpful. (They can arrange tours and activities.) Toilets are clean but can be dark at night.

• 28th Mar 2011

The Southern Cross Hotel

Manila, Philippines

The location is convenient and my room is clean and spacious. There is cable TV (with many channels in different languages). On the ground floor there is a lively pub.

• 14th Mar 2011

The Island Hotel Bali

Kuta, Indonesia

• 28th Feb 2011

BJ Guest House

Seoul, South Korea

The guest house is like a big cosy home and the owner, Danny, is extremely helpful. The guest house is in a peaceful residential area (next to the old city wall) and the subway station is just a 5 minute walk away.

• 12th Nov 2010

Chilli's Backpackers

Darwin, Australia

Before going to Darwin, I had difficulty booking a tour to Kakadu or Litchfield, as all tours were fully booked. But Chilli's managed to find me a tour to Kakadu at the last minute, and they even helped me to bargain with the tour operator for a discount! The effort is greatly appreciated!

Pension Kieler Hof

Hamburg, Germany

Unbeatable location - very close to the bus station. I ordered nasi goreng for breakfast and it was good.

Brunei Hotel

Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei

I like the convenient location (close to the city bus station, market and seaside food court)

• 26th Oct 2009

Star Holiday Hotel

Istanbul, Turkey

The location is great! The Blue Mosque is just across the road and the Basilica Cistern is just next door! The breakfast is simple, but very good. And I love the view of the Blue Mosque from the breakfast room. However, there is no more toilet paper after the last roll of toilet paper was used up. I hope the cleaning staffs will remember to replenish the toilet paper.

La Giara

Etna, Italy

Thank you so much for your warm hospitality and helpfulness. We really appreciate it and we enjoyed the stay a lot. Hopefully we can come again and we will definitely recommend La Giara to anyone who is going to Sicily.

Sleep Well Youth Hostel

Brussels, Belgium

My wallet was unfortunately stolen in Brussels but the staffs were indifferent to my plight and were not very helpful. (In the end I went to find the police station myself.) I can't really blame the staffs, because most of the time there's only 1 or 2 staff at the counter while there are dozens of customers waiting...

B&B La Tana

Verona, Italy

I had a very enjoyable stay in La Tana. The room is clean and comfortable, and the location is very convenient.

Alessia House

Rome, Italy

Alessia is very friendly and helpful. She gave us a lot of information because it was our first time in Rome. Despite the rainy weather we have a very good time in Rome due to Alessia's hospitality.

Pillow One Barcelona

Barcelona, Spain

Convenient location near Barcelona-Sants station. There's a metro station and a supermarket 2 minutes away. The house is small and cosy but can be crowded sometimes. The rooms are decent, but it's weird that the bathroom is in the same room as the bedroom, separated by only a glass wall.

The Eagles

Betws-y-Coed, Wales

A very nice, cosy and peaceful place to stay. The location is a bit weird (with a cemetery next door) but the host is warm, polite and friendly. There's a good pub downstairs.