Age: 65

Shoestrings Airport Lodge

Johannesburg, South Africa

My stay at Shoestrings was great. Rob & his staff really go out of their way to help guests. Airport pickup was quite easy (assuming you are getting a SIM from Vodaphone at the airport of have coins to use the payphone). The Safari Rob helped me arrange was fanastic. I booked 4 days and upgraded to 5 days.Not much to do in the area of the hostel, but the Gautrain runs to downtown as well as Sandton and is a short distance away. I highly recommend Shoestrings. I booked 1 night and stayed 5.

Fortaleza Guest House

San Juan, Puerto Rico

Rooms are stuffy and hot

The Palace Hostel

San Juan, Puerto Rico

Posada Casa Rosa

Margarita Island, Venezuela

I had no problems. Peter was there to pick me up at the airport on time and took me around and we even went to have a couple of beers at a local hang out on Playa El Agua. Everything went well, just know that there is a little walk involved to the beach area, but it is not much. At a normal pace you are there within 10 minutes. Fra Fra pizza on the road to the beach has good and inexpensive pizza.

Bich Duyen Hotel

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

I absolutely loved Bich Duyen. I booked on others wonderful recommendations and was not disappointed in the least. The staff is exceptional and totally helpful. Could not ask for a better place to stay in HCMC!! Thanks!!!

Aizuya Inn

Tokyo, Japan

The place is easy to get to - go for the 1000 yen train instead of the 2400 yen train unless you are in a hurry. Supermarket close by is good. Staff is wonderful and the place is clean and cozy. Definitely my home away from home in Tokyo in the future.

Hello Yancy, thank you for your kind words; we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you again! Kind regards from all of us at Aizuya Inn

Maple Leaf Guesthouse

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Guesthouse is run well and very clean. The only issue is the location at Chung King Mansions which is overrun by Indian and Pakistani touts trying to sell accomodations, tailor business and "copy watches and handbags" EVERYTIME you come and go from the guesthouse. It gets VERY annoying. Of course, Maple Leaf can do nothing about this, but it comes with the location vacinity.

Misti House

Arequipa, Peru

Fernando, the owner, is very nice and helpful. Hot water was not a problem. I had a private room upstairs which can be a bit noisy with traffic and the creeky floors.

Smyle Inn

New Delhi, India

From the time you arrive you are asked to take overly expensive trips to other places in India. You also lose your 10% deposit on any additional nights if you take them up on their offer. They insist that hostelworld keeps the 10% and they dont get any of it. Hotel Shelton one block away is a much better choice and also cheaper.

Dear Sir, I believe that there is a misunderstanding. You booked for 8 nights and made a 10% deposit of INR464. You checked out within 2 days. We charged you for 2 nights and deducted the booking amount of INR464 from your total bill. Since you paid by credit card, we have the charge slip with your signatures and the amount on it. Without getting too deep into this and playing the blame game. I guess it is a case of misunderstand and let's close this issue. Regarding tours, a tour is a intangible commodity. You have to experience it to know it's real worth. It's like you have a budget for a Honda Civic and you will find BMW 3Series an expensive car. To know the real worth of a BMW who have to ride it to believe it. The same goes for our tour service. It is not at all expensive considering the fact that you get a driver, car with unlimited miles, toll taxes, parking fee and good budget class hotels with breakfast alongwith will full sightseeing virtually 16 hrs in a day as long as you are on tour. Considering the above, it would not be reasonabel to suggest that the tours are overly expensive. Trust that I have been able to address your queries and concerns. Best Regards Harish Managing Partner Smyle Inn

St Christopher's at The Winston

Amsterdam, Netherlands

They gave us fresh towels every day, but never cleaned the room.

St Christopher's at The Winston

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Coming back to a made bed even would have been nice.

Venice Rooms

Venice, Italy

Didnt like the fact that service to the room was only every three days. Can't beleive we were left with no transportation or help on our last day when the transportation was on strike and we needed to get to the airport.

Wang Fat Hostel

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Great place with great service.