Location: Finland, Gender: Male, Age: 31

Boutique Hotel

Lodz, Poland

Every city should have a hostel like Boutique Hostel, excellent value for money! Lodz is not an ideal tourist venue, but this hostel is a gem. Great bathroom and toilet facilities, top notch cleanliness. Pro staff. The breakfast was tasty though pretty short, needs more fill up. Don't let the hostel surroundings intimidate you, this hostel's a star :)

• 23rd May 2013

Hostel Suites Obelisco

Buenos Aires, Argentina

First night I and my mate got red itchy spots all over our body, but it was never figured out if those were from bedbugs or mosquitos (silly dorm mate kept the window open at night instead of using the fan that was found in the room). Anyway, we were upgraded to 2 single rooms. There are not enough shared bathrooms/toilets compared to the number of guests. You might have to wait for your turn for long, especially in the morning. Decent breakfast. Great location in the city center. Nice staff!

• 21st Jan 2013
  • All Male Group, 25-30

CabanaCopa Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The staff was saying bad things about the guests behind their backs, I didn´t quite appreciate that. The breakfast was really good! The showers are not for shy people, very public dressing room :P

• 17th Jan 2013
  • Finland

Hi! We are sorry for that, but we will find out what happened and do something about it. We have different bathroom types, some of them are full bathrooms that you can close and used it privately. Others are bigger with cabins. Safe travels! CabanaCopa staff

Luxembourg City Hostel

Luxembourg City, Luxembourg

I liked it, pretty convenient location by a bus route between the city center and airport. The girl at the reception was really nice. Key card system made it feel secure. The facilities were in good condition. Café/bar with reasonable prices.

• 14th Jan 2013

iVAN Hostel

Moscow, Russia

We really enjoyed our stay at iVAN´s! Igor did really good job with finding us a river cruise, helping to get eye drops from a pharmacy and spending time with us in the hostel. The beds were very comfy and everything was new and shiny. There was only one bathroom and one separate toilet, but it was alright because it´s a small hostel. It was pretty hot in the room at night, but everyone got their good-night sleep. Great location. Would stay here again when next time in Moscow!

• 26th Apr 2012

Old Town Hostel

Tbilisi, Georgia

Nice staff, good location (though a bit hard to find first without street signs), nice rooms... My mattress was a bit bumpy, but not a big a deal for me. The bathroom floor was FREEZING, took very quick showers :D I appreciated the spacy locker and the sufficient heating system in the room.

• 11th Feb 2012
  • Finland

thanks for visiting us, hope to see you again. according to review, there are signs but, they are in Georgian, which is completely different language from any others :) and you should wear sleepers when you walk, even on bathroom floor ;)

Just went there to have some sleep before my connecting flight from Riga. The room was a bit cold, but I slept well.

• 9th Dec 2011

Maria Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

Dirty, no tap water running in the toilets, single room with only a mattress to sleep on. If I was sleeping over at a friends place like this, it would be ok, but paying for something like this , waste of money. Very worn down place. Location was good by the tram line nr. 4 & 6, and I like that there was a fridge in the room. There was no fan, so it was pretty much sleeping like in a sauna. Met a cool Italian couple staying at the same hostel, they made my stay.

• 14th Aug 2011

Gordon Inn

Tel Aviv, Israel

Except the unfriendly guy who checked us in, the staff were nice. He seemed to be very fed up with his work. Easy to reach from the central bus station, beach is nearby. Clean rooms. Bring your ear plugs with you because the walls are paper thin. We would stay again if ever in Tel Aviv. :)

Great stay! :)

We arrived in the middle of the night. The reception was closed at night but our arrival was well-prepared. One of the 2 shared showers was in bad condition and the water pressure was weak. We didn´t try the other one. The building where the hostel is situated is a bit shabby. Staff were ok. Our room was tidy enough, but the common areas were a bit messy. In your room you can hear every sound from the outside. Bring ear plugs with you.

dear guest. I apologize you had a bad experience. however arriving late at night , and leaving early in the morning doesn't give the real picture of the hostel. first we the restroom are only one year old...and are cleaned at least!!! 3 times a day.... and sometimes at night it is left dirty , however been cleaned again in the morning...along with the terrace, which people use for hang out . so it is our routine! hope you understand. and yes, our place is very small. and we try our best to keep it quite at night, and thats why we turn off the lights and the music at 11:00 Rafi.

11th Hour Hostel and Cinema

Budapest, Hungary

This was my second stay in this hostel, even in the same room. Now the bathroom had got terrible, mould all over the place :(

Spirit Hostel

Belgrade, Serbia

I will not be the first one to say that this is more like a hotel than a hostel! Exceptional value for your money. I stayed in a single room, the best one that I have experienced in any hostel. And I have stayed almost in 40 hostels during my trips. Respect!

Hostel & Guest House SA

Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

It's nice. :) The laundry service though is a bit overpriced. But very good overall!

Hostel Miturno

Mostar, Bosnia And Herzegovina

The mattress was killing my back after 2 nights. Other than that, an excellent hostel! I got sick from food poisoning, and the staff took good care of me. :)

Montenegro Hostel

Kotor, Montenegro

Central hostel, air conditioning was a great plus when the temp outside was almost 40 degrees Celsius.

Saki Hostel & Guesthouse

Budva, Montenegro

Saki and his family have put their soul in this place. Come and enjoy. :)

Hi Tommi, Thank you for the good review. Come and enjoy again next year :). Regards, Saki.

POOL! =) This is a great place to truly relax. Great services around. But you need to take metros and trains to get there... Which is cheap though.

Wind Point

Brno, Czech Republic

Not so good... The receptionist was never there, there were no toilet paper in the toilets (which is unbelievable!), no towels (which I couldn´t rent because the reception was closed all the time)... I was alone in a room for 2, not very good value for your money. The only good thing is the location. One night there was enough.

Guesthouse Salzburg

Salzburg, Austria

The staff is very nice and always willing to help :) Wireless internet worked perfectly. Less than 10 minutes by foot to the city center. Good breakfast included in the price. Would definitely stay here again on my next trip to Salzburg. Amazing city!

Not so far from the city core :) Breakfast was a surprise, I loved the bread roaster!

Palazzo Pensionne

Cebu, Philippines

It was pretty good. :) The beaches are quite far away and there is not so much to see and do in Cebu city.

Vana Tom

Tallinn, Estonia

Maybe they need a better sign on Väike-Karja. Google map shows the hostel on the wrong side of the street! :D The hostel had a temporary cut on water supply once, which wasn´t nice... I like the theme in this hostel, it was a great stay in overall! :)

Hostel U Melounu

Prague, Czech Republic

I had one irritating and impolite dorm mate, who just stayed inside and seemed to never go out, didnt let others sleep because was chatting in the internet and on the phone. But it´s like this in a hostel, you never know who your room mate will be. This hostel should improve its security...

Mirror Dream/Panorama

Tirana, Albania

There is no staff so you need to be a very independent traveler. Albanians are very friendly and want to help you, so you'll be just fine! :) The bathroom is spacey and clean. Very good value for your money.

YMCA Universitaria Hostel

Bucharest, Romania

Welcome to the Disney-theme hostel :D I stayed alone in a room which was very simple, only a bed, a chair and a trash bin. No air-conditioning, it was pretty hot in the room. After first night I felt already like at home. I want to thank Bogdan for everything, you do the right job! Keep the spirit! =) Tommi.

Oak Hotel

Tokyo, Japan

Very good location (in Tokyo-scale). Nice staff, they're always ready to help you. :) Small bathroom, but that's the way in Japan. I will stay here again when I'll be in Tokyo! What a city!

Versalles 104

Mexico City, Mexico

Nice staff and good location by the metro station. Toilet was often runnin out of paper but overall a very recommendable hostel, would definitely stay there again! :)

Townside Hostel Bremen

Bremen, Germany

Maybe the best staff I've ever come across! =)

Equity Point Marrakech

Marrakech, Morocco

Pressure in the shower of my room was poor, otherwise a clean, friendly stay. Nice roof terrace and common areas :)

Frankfurt Hostel

Frankfurt, Germany

A bit noisy but otherwise ok. Roommates were not the best, but that was not hostel s fault how people behave.

Pensao do Norte

Porto, Portugal

Everything you need is nearby, if not, then take the metro, there\'s a station next to the hostel! Very clean, in our room the bathroom was tiny, there was space for one person at a time :D We had a room with balcony, excellent value for the money!

Hostel Helvetia

Warsaw, Poland

Super staff :)

New World St. Hostel

Warsaw, Poland

Staff were very helpful and kind, thank you for everything! =) Hostel was almost polished, very clean and shiny :P And modern. It was a bit too hot in the room to sleep in summer, otherwise it was very pleasant to stay at NWSTH!

6th Floor Hostel

Belgrade, Serbia

Mrs. Lidlja (I´m sorry, still don´t know how to spell your name!) was absolutely dear to us! She was like a spare mom for us, she helped us a lot especially when I had to suddenly find my way back to Finland due to death of my brother. Our room was in other building than this actual 6th floor hostel, there were cuts in water supply there which was frustrating. Otherwise, I recommend you to explore Beograd through 6th floor hostel :)

Imperial Hotel Skopje

Skopje, Macedonia

Great value for your money!!! The shower and room were excellent, plus the swimming pool on backyard :) Nice staff. Just don´t take a taxi from bus/train station, those drivers overcharge you. Take it from somewhere else. Taxis called by hotel is better.

Dear Mr.Toni, We thank you for your kind words. Have a nice day. Best regards, Imperial Hotel

The Rooms

Sofia, Bulgaria

The staff are hilarious :P We stayed in a 2 bed private room and it was good value for the money. Don´t let the sidestreet frighten you (there are no street lights at night), it´s a very cozy guest house. Good breakfast!

Isaacs Hostel

Dublin, Ireland

Isaacs Hostel was under renovation so our room was in an other hostel.

Hostel New York

Barcelona, Spain

The room was a little bit chilly but there was a heater to warm it up. No warm water in the toilets, only in the showers. After all, a really cozy and clean place with helpful staff :) Noise from the streets came in through thin balcony door, but it made you feel alive (guitar playing, some spanish music..) There is a bar called Bodega Teo nearby, it has the warmest atmosphere I have ever felt! Thanks for the nice accommodation!