Location: USA, Gender: Male, Age: 31

This hostel had a great atmosphere and location. I liked that they offered free meals, although we never managed to make it to one. Beach towels were also very handy.

• 7th Feb 2014
  • Globetrotter
  • All Male Group, 25-30

USA Hostels San Francisco

San Francisco, USA

This hostel seemed to be well run and organized. Their breakfast was quite good.

Cheers Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

I really enjoyed this hostel. The staff were friendly and helpful, and chatted with anyone who was just sitting around. There was also a friendly dog that lived there. The location was fantastic. I can't think of any complaint about this place. I even found myself missing the staff after I'd left. Geez! The view from the rooftop bar is incredible.

Nomad Cave Hostel

Goreme, Turkey

I enjoyed staying here. The staff is very friendly and the room was actually a cave. This was what I was looking for.

Ankara Han Hostel

Ankara, Turkey

The staff here could not find my reservation. Then kept insisting I had only booked one night when I showed them the email on my phone that clearly stated two. This was troubling. They seemed bewildered by my request for a map and directed me to the one on the wall. When I asked for one to take with me she found a crumpled one someone had left on the table. The staff seem to understand only minimal English. Luckily this place was located close to the metro.

I liked this place, although the staff did not always seem to be at the top of their game. The guy working at reception was sleeping, even though it was 1130 in the morning when I arrived. Good place, though. I'd stay again.

Envoy Hostel

Yerevan, Armenia

I really enjoyed staying here. The location was good and the facilities were nice. The tours they offered were great. The staff was really helpful as well, they even helped me arrange accommodation in Goris and Vanadzor. This was particularly helpful because it was winter and many places were closed due to lack of guests.

This hostel was very close to the beach and many shops and restaurants. It is a bit of a walk to Lincoln Road.

Hotel ATL

Atlanta, USA

Good location. Be advised it is a hotel and not a hostel.

Supertramp Hostel

Machu Picchu, Peru

I enjoyed staying here. The staff were friendly and helpful. I was particularly pleased that they let me shower after visiting Machu Picchu and hang around until my train in the evening.

Jodanga Backpackers Hostel

Santa Cruz, Bolivia

Jodanga was a fun place to stay. It was quite a walk from the center of town, but otherwise very good.

The New York Loft Hostel

New York, USA

This place has lots of character. It was close enough to Manhattan to be convenient. The neighborhood was a bit bizarre.

Columbus Circle Hostel

New York, USA

The rooms were small, but I was barely there anyway, so I didn't care. The location was fantastic. I would stay there again.

Dear Guest, Firstly thank-you so much for Choosing CCH as your place of stay in New York. We would also like to thank-you for your kind words we hope to see you again in your next travels.

Hostel Rio Playa

Playa del Carmen, Mexico

This place is near enough to the bus station, and close to the beach and all kinds of restaurants. The rooftop bar is fun in the evening, luckily they close it at midnight, so it's not too rowdy late. Upstairs has 10 people sharing 1 bathroom.

Posada los Mapaches

Tulum, Mexico

The owner was obsessive about spraying our bags off before she'd let us bring them in. The included bikes were awesome.

Villa Arqueologica Chichen Itza

Chichen Itza, Mexico

This a very nice place, conveniently located right at the back door of Chichen-Itza. Not terribly expensive considering it's pretty swanky. Much much nicer than places I usually stay.

Hostel Quetzal

Cancun, Mexico

This was a good place to stay. Very friendly and clean. It's a very party atmosphere, so check someplace else if you're not so into that.

Hostel Zocalo

Merida, Mexico

The location on the square can't be beat. It wasn't full so I was able to sit out on the balcony and have breakfast -- that was nice.

The Secret Garden Quito

Quito, Ecuador

This place was amazing. I definitely recommend to anyone traveling to Quito.

Travel Joy Hostels Chelsea

The #24 bus to Soho was very handy. I liked the location, as it was not noisy and in a safe area.

Managua Backpackers Inn

Managua, Nicaragua

Unfortunately I got mugged directly outside the gate of the second house. The staff were very slow to open the door. Make sure you have someone walk with you and you'll have no problems. The main house was fun, though. I liked the pool, and people congregated around there and in the living room.

HQ Hostel Bangkok

Bangkok, Thailand

The location of this place can't be beat. It allows you easy access to bars and nightclubs, as well as the night market on Silom, but also lets you get some sleep. It is very clean and well maintained.

Equator Hostel

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

I was very impressed with Equator. The staff was very helpful and kind and had learned our names before we even checked in. We really felt like we were at home with them. Conveniently located near the monorail, as well, but a bit of a hike from the bus station.

Ayutthaya Place Youth Hostel

Ayutthaya, Thailand

This place is set back from the main road (be careful or you might drive by it), and is quiet and calm. They gave us free water, which was very welcome. The staff were knowledgeable and kind and tried to help us decide what to see and where to eat. If you rent a moto you can see pretty much everything in one day. Check out the ruins at night, too.

HI-Sukhumvit

Bangkok, Thailand

This place is located far from Khao San, which is nice if you want to get away from that sort of madness. There is some tasty hawker food along the street at night, and the area is generally free from people trying to rip you off. Being accessable to Sky Train makes it easy to zip around to places like Silom, the Weekend Market, Siam Square, or the Mo Chit Bus Terminal. It's not as personable as other hostels, but that's ok.

This place is fantastic! They have a great location, and extremely helpful staff. Enjoyable breakfast, too. Hanoi was actually tolerable due to their assistance. The prices of the trips that they post are a little expensive, so it might be wise to shop around.

Hop Yen Hotel

Hoi An, Vietnam

I was very pleased at their offerings for breakfast. They are in a very nice location, within easy walking distance of the old town.

H.I. Chicago Hostel

Chicago, USA

This place really was fantastic. The location is excellent. If you are sensitive to noise, traffic or the train outside might disturb you, otherwise I think it deserves its high rating.

Hostel Satakuntatalo

Helsinki, Finland

Hyvä sauna. Good location. Excellent breakfast.

Irkutsk Downtown Hostel

Irkutsk, Russia

The refrigerator broke while we were here, which was inconvenient. The location is quite good, and the staff are friendly. There was only one toilet and shower for 12 people, which made mornings somewhat difficult. Little air circulation within rooms.

Beijing Leo Hostel

Beijing, China

Upstairs toilets were broken which made getting a shower a bother since I had to walk through the common room. Otherwise very nice. Good food. Neighborhood is a little annoying what with everyone trying to sell me stuff, but the location really can't be beat.

Hostel Korea

Seoul, South Korea

Although most likely impossible to find on your own, the location is quite convenient once you are in the know. Common areas are small but cozy, with plenty of opportunities for interaction.