Crazy Duck Hostel, Bucharest, Romania
28th Jul 2016

This is a really good hostel. It was perfectly located for my needs, close to the main train station but also within walking distance of the old city. It was quiet and calm despite being nearly full and my room was spacious with a large bathroom and big safety lockers. Because of the name I expected a party hostel but it was fortunately nothing of the kind. I slept very well. Two negatives: the beds make A LOT of noise and the shower door leaked so the floor flooded when taking a shower.

Freeborn Hostel, Timisoara, Romania
23rd Jul 2016

A really great hostel. Recommended it to anyone visiting Timisoara. It's at an amazing location. It has a really nice and friendly atmosphere. The staff were very friendly. The beds are comfortable and fitted with curtains and reading lights. The internet worked very well. I felt very comfortable and would have loved to stay longer. The only drawback was that the 3 bathrooms were not enough for 16 people who all wanted to take showers in the heat. Plus there are no plugs for computers outdoors.

Budapest Budget Hostel, Budapest, Hungary
19th Jul 2016

it's a really good budget hostel. It's easy to reach, our room was huge, there were enough showers and toilets and the terrace is huge and super nice for having a cup of coffee and relaxing. The staff seemed nice too, though didn't have much interaction with them, and the 24 h reception is great. Yes, it could be better cleaned (esp one of the showers) and something really needs to be done about the doors which make a lot of noise, but for a budget hostel it's great value for money.

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear that you are satisfied with choosing our Hostel and you enjoyed your stay here. We put a big effort in housekeeping, however it's not easy as some guest don't respect cleanliness at all. We will check the doors. Hope to see you again!

MEININGER Hamburg City Center, Hamburg, Germany
4.6
10th Oct 2015

Overpriced (I paid 55 Euros for two nights for a bed in an 8-bed dorm). Remote (it's not in the centre but near Altona railway station). Not very secure (all but two lockers in our room were damaged and did not lock). Not clean (shower cabin full of hair, some trash on floor in my room). Poor atmosphere (a mega hostel with no real common spaces). Room was cramped (not enough place to store my luggage, bad ventilation).

8.0
5th Jun 2014

If you don't mind large industrially run hostels that are more like budget hotels than the more intimate, homely hostels you tend to get around Europe, then this is the one for you. It is very well located, super clean, very efficiently run and has very good facilities. However, it lacks all sense of personality. I felt fine there but also like i was in a factory designed to get as many guests through as possible. Kudos to the staff for helping my friend change rooms when a snorer kept her up.

Home Made Hostel, Budapest, Hungary
30th May 2014

I stayed with a friend in a private room with access to the shared bathrooms. The room was very large and even had a loft section with a separate bed. The staff were super friendly and accommodating and I felt very at ease and happy. The kitchen was large and well equipped with plenty of dining space. It's a very well-located hostel with a laid-back atmosphere and very nice atmosphere. The downside in our room was that it was very noisy from the kitchen and the courtyard, disturbing our sleep.

Interhouse Bishkek, Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
13th Sep 2013

This might be the most comfortable hostel that I have stayed in. The facilities are fantastic. The rooms are spacious and the beds are very comfortable. The wifi and the common computer are both very fast. The communal areas are also very comfortable and spacious and it's nice that the hostel is a detached house with a courtyard and a wall. It all feels pretty luxurious. The staff are also very nice and friendly, though they could take better care about not disturbing sleeping guests.

Planet Paprika Hostel, Istanbul, Turkey
10th Mar 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel and would stay there again. The staff are fantastic, the location is excellent (close to Taksim but still in a quiet street), the rooms are spacious and comfortable and the beds are really okay. Some minuses: the common areas are too small for a hostel this size, the lighting makes the hostel feel a bit dull and sterile, and its quite inconvenient to take showers because of the small size of the bathrooms. But on the whole I was very happy at the hostel.

Corvin Point Hostel, Budapest, Hungary
8th Sep 2011

Had a great time there and slept pretty well too, the bed was excellent, the room was quiet and neither too hot nor too cold. Wifi worked well, as did computer in common room. Had a great time hanging out with Àrvid. Would love to stay there again.

• Sweden, Mixed Group, 25-30
3rd Aug 2011

This is what a hostel should be like! It's spacious, clean, warm, friendly, with well-thought out facilities and a very helpful and kind staff who was always willing to help, giving us her full attention, even when she had a lot of things to take care of. This hostel should be a model for all other hostels. I will definitely stay there again if I come back to Riga, which I really want to do.

• Sweden, Mixed Group, 25-30
GIDIC Backpackers, Tallinn, Estonia
7.0
1st Aug 2011

Basic, good for a bed for the night, you have what you need (bathroom, kitchen, common room), sleeping area quite spacious, excellent location near centre and intl bus station. But atmosphere was quite cold and not so welcoming. Staff were professional but not warm. One scolded me rudely when I accidentally stepped over the threshold with my shoes. Rules plastered all over the hostel don't make for a very welcoming feel. Bathroom, kitchen underdimensioned for hostel size. + Why communal showers?

Soul Kitchen Hostel, St Petersburg, Russia
8.7
29th Jul 2011

It's a good hostel, probably even a very good hostel, but a bit impersonal. The rooms and beds are comfy, the kitchen is big and very well-equipped, there are lots of small things that make your stay more convenient and more pleasant, including bed-side shelves. The staff were invariably very kind and helpful and very easy to get on with. The atmosphere was very relaxed and friendly and it was easy to meet people. The only possible thing is that it didn't have a very strong character.

Academica Summer Hostel, Helsinki, Finland
7.0
4th Jun 2011

I would have liked a bed in a dorm but there was none so I had to take a private. Appr. 50 Euros for a private room in Helsinki isn't wildly expensive but it's far from cheap, esp since there was no TV, no toiletries which is standard in most hotel rooms. The room had not been cleaned well before my stay and the sheets did not seem to have been changed. There is a kitchen area, which is cool, but no pots, pans or washing-up liquid. It's in a quiet neighbourhood, close to the centre, though.

Why Not? Chillout Kiev, Kiev, Ukraine
15th Jan 2011

It feels more like a home than a hostel. It's cozy and welcoming and the staff are very kind and relaxed. Excellent location - in a quiet area right in the centre (5 mins walk to the nearest metro station). The standard is also good for Ukraine. The beds creak a bit so bring ear plugs if you're sensitive to noise. Otherwise, I've rarely felt so relaxed and at home in a hostel and will definitely stay there again if I come back to Kiev.

Old Ukrainian Home Hostel, Lviv, Ukraine
25th Jan 2010

This hostel is among the very best that I have stayed in, and I�ve stayed in quite a few. It�s spacious, clean, has a huge and well-equipped kitchen, a clean and comfortable bathroom and is staffed by some incredibly friendly people. It�s fully-furnished with beautiful hand-crafted furniture and was well-heated when I stayed there (it was -20 centigrade outside!). The staff really went out of their way to make sure I was comfortable and knew how to get around and best enjoy the city. Def 100%.

Why Not? Chillout Kiev, Kiev, Ukraine
4th Nov 2009

I stayed two nights in the hostel and felt very comfortable there. Its location is great, it's in a quiet courtyard off a very central street, 200 metres or so from a metro station. It's also clean and has all the facilities I'd expect from a hostel, as well as wifi and a well-equipped kitchen. The best thing about it is that it has a very relaxed and cozy atmosphere. The staff are super nice and friendly and make you feel totally at home.

2night Home, Budapest, Hungary
22nd Oct 2009

I only stayed for one night, but left with a great impression of the hostel. It really feels like a second home. It's a small and cozy little place, equipped with a spotlessly clean bathroom, a little kitchen and an eating area that feels very homely. The host Jimmy is the best. He is incredibly friendly and helpful and takes really good care of you, makes you coffee and even treats you to food his friends bring around :-). If I have the chance, I'll definitely stay there again!

Hostel Oki Doki, Warsaw, Poland
7.7
16th Oct 2009

This is a big, very well-kept hostel with a cool and laid-back character. I'm not so into big and very business-like hostels, but for those who are, i think this must be among the best out there. It has everything you could possibly need, even a bar and wifi, and a good system with self-locking doors. My complaint would be that the doors make a lot of noise when they close and that some of the staff members are professional but not very warm. I like that bathrooms are separate.

Camels' Oasis,Taipei, Taipei, Taiwan
16th Mar 2009

I have been to a couple of hostels during my travels and this one beats all of them by far. It's spacious, very well-furnished, great facilities and a super friendly host who speaks fluent English. It's not a party hostel, which I was very happy about, as most of the guests who descended on it were thirsty for other experiences in Taipei than simply partying. It made the hostel quiet and relaxing (helped also by the fact that the beds and bedding were very comfortable).

Star Hostel Privates, Belgrade, Serbia
2nd Jul 2007

The best hostel I have been to by far. It feels more like a friend's apartment than a hostel. The brothers who own it are incredibly helpful and friendly. They know the best sights to see, also away from the beaten tourist path, and help you make the most of your (usually brief) stay in Belgrade. And you leave feeling that you have made close new friends. The apartment is a beautiful, old, well-renovated place located literally a minute away from the main pedestrian street (riddled with great cafes, shops and restaurants). The flat is kept perfectly clean and the sitting room is a nice, comfortable place to sit and have a cup of coffee or tea that Marko and George will be happy to make for you. Passing through Serbia, I strongly recommend this hostel.

Star Hostel Privates, Belgrade, Serbia
8th Dec 2006

I rated this hostel at 100% because I could honestly not find anything to detract from. It is the best hostel that I have stayed at so far. Here is why: I went to Belgrade to do a two-week internship. I needed a place where I could relax, keep my stuff safe while I worked, that had good bathroom and kitchen facilities and that was close to the center. Star hostel is cleaner than you would expect a hotel to be, with a well-equipped kitchen (with free tea and coffee!) and a spacious bathroom with tiled walls. The internet is fast and free, the beds are comfortable and there is plenty of drawers and cupboards to store your stuff (including good security lockers). But more importantly than all of this, the hosts, the brothers Marko and George are incredibly friendly and very easy-going. I had a cold when I arrived so they practically poured chamomille tea down my throat to make me feel better. Someone on this page wrote that Star hostel feels more like an apartment that you share with friends than a hostel; that's really true. It's such a friendly atmosphere. I'm so happy that I decided to stay at Star hostel during my two weeks in Belgrade. It's an awesome place.