Location New Zealand, Gender Male, Age 31

Duo Housing DC, Washington DC, USA
7th May 2013

Great character and very friendly staff. I liked the shoes-off policy. It may be a couple of blocks further from the main tourist attractions than the IH down the road, but don't let that stop you: you'll have a most enjoyable stay with great people. No alcohol to be drunk on-site after 10pm: this has advantages and disadvantages. My only reservation is that I'm not a big fan of the communal shower design, at least in the men's. (I have no idea if the women's showers have the same layout!)

Old City Philly House, Philadelphia, USA
8.0
21st Apr 2013

This is a new place and they're still working some of the kinks out. The staff are very accommodating, and it's a great place to chill out. I kind of like how everyone has to leave their shoes at the door. One EXTREMELY IMPORTANT point is that the Philadelphia House currently has only two (2) individually lockable lockers for approx. 24 beds. I find this unacceptable for any hostel - be warned if you're bringing a laptop or iPad.

M Montreal, Montreal, Canada
15th Apr 2013

Modern, clean hostel with its own bar. Sometimes noise from the bar leaks into the dorm rooms upstairs, but it's not terrible. Good atmosphere, good location near the Latin Quarter/Gay Village. I'd stay here again.

13th Apr 2013

It was pretty quiet and pretty empty when I stayed (13-15 April), but the staff made us welcome. I'd happily stay here again if I ever need to return to Quebec City (which is unlikely).

Canadiana Backpackers Inn, Toronto, Canada
8th Apr 2013

Nice atmosphere, especially considering the weather was pretty rubbish and many guests were bound to staying indoors. Warm & comfortable with a good kitchen and laundry.

Thanks for the amazing review! Our hostel is well known for its comfortable and friendly atmosphere! Hope to see you again soon!

USA Hostels Hollywood, Los Angeles, USA
3rd Mar 2013

Some staff were a lot more surly than at other hostels I've stayed at. Tours and excursions almost every day are a plus, and they turn the lounge into a bar in the evening. Lockers with power points are a plus. Not exactly a stand-out hostel, but it's functional.

SameSun Vancouver, Vancouver, Canada
20th Feb 2013

I only stayed for one night and the city was horribly rainy, but the hostel bar had a pretty good atmosphere. I'd stay here again, but I won't be visiting Vancouver in February!

AWA Seattle Hostel, Seattle, USA
12th Feb 2013

This place is and always has been called the "College Inn" - ignore this nonsense about the name of AWA Seattle Hostel, you won't see any signage for it. Pricey, but characterful. One morning the dining room was locked and I couldn't get my complimentary breakfast (no staff member anywhere), but otherwise it was pretty good. Many stairs to climb, so I wouldn't recommend it for the poor of knee. Creaky floorboards, but that's all part of the charm - it's been a hotel since 1909!

8th Feb 2013

Because of the big sweeping common area and open plan layout, it's a great place to meet other travellers. It makes up for the small rooms with eight beds, because you don't spend much time there.

Hey there! Thanks for taking the time and leaving us a review. We are glad to hear that you had a great stay at Hospedarte Guadalajara Centro. Thanks for your preference we are the busiest hostel in town, ideal place to meet travelers from Mexico and all around the world. We hope to see you soon again, wish you all the best in future travels. Lucho, HI Hostel Hospedarte Guadalajara Centro / General Manager

Tequila Sunset Hostal, Morelia, Mexico
7.1
2nd Feb 2013

Nice enough. Very open-plan: you don't get a key, you simply buzz at reception if you're getting back late. The place wasn't particularly full in early February, but if it were I imagine that there would be a shortage of showers.

Hi Robbie, Thanks for taking the time to tell me about your experience! Hope to see you back some day.

La Cigana, Tulum, Mexico
11th Jan 2013

A couple of cabana huts, typical Mexican water pressure, but it's a pretty homely sort of place. Breakfast included in the morning. I was annoyed that having made arrangements to return my key and get my bond refund the night before (so I could leave early in the morning), there was no staff member on duty even though one is supposed to be on site until 10pm.