Location: England, Gender: Male, Age: 33

Buddha Hostel Medellin

Medellin, Colombia

Excellent hostel. One of the best I've stayed in. They really get the balance right. Just enough atmosphere in order to meet people, but not so crazy you can't get any space or rest. Lovely place. Highly recommend. Only thing missing is breakfast.

Hostel Sue Candelaria

Bogota, Colombia

Good hostel in the Candelaria area...........Enjoyed my stay here. Only downside is, if you are in a room by reception it can be a bit noisy. Staff are friendly and helpful

Kon Tiki Bungalows

Mancora, Peru

Incredible location in terms of the views, and definitely recommend if you just want to chill for a few days, away from the crowds. The only downside is its in top of a hill side, so its a trek up and down each time. As long as you're okay with that its a winner. Staff/Owners are friendly and helpful. The only thing I would tweak is maybe include breakfast in order to save a trek down to the shops and back.

Dragonfly Hostels

Lima, Peru

Nice hostel in a nice area.....The owner Yann was really friendly and helpful, as are all his staff. Nice roof terrace up as well. They had a young guy working there who was into the Beatles and Tame Impala. I would recommend promoting that guy to head of music for the hostel! All in all..........Cool place!

La Casa Roja

Santiago, Chile

Need to give a special mention to a member of staff ( I think he was called Gustavo ) who was super helpful with me at this hostel. Really good member of staff and went the extra mile so to speak in order to help me. Thanks. Hostel is a cool hostel with a pool if that's what your after. Location is good also.

Willy Fogg Hostel

Montevideo, Uruguay

Cool hostel. Spacious with a nice atmosphere. Should be rated higher. Really nice balcony area!

Ostinatto Hostel

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Quite simply the best hostel I have stayed at........FANTASTIC staff, beautiful old building with a modern interior. In a great neighbourhood in terms of good food and drink options and plenty of intersting cultural things to do and see. FREE Spanish lesson was fantastic also. Really had a wonderful time here, as it was such a nice place to relax and unwind after taking in the best of Buenos Aires.

Green Grass Hostel

Sao Paulo, Brazil

This hostel is maybe not in the best location but it is made up for by the guy who runs the hostel, who is really friendly and worked hard to make me feel welcome, and took time out to help me find the the things I needed. I guess the downside, is it is a little short on space, but if you are only staying in Sao Paulo for a couple of nights it will be fine

Discovery Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Excellent hostel. In a good location and with a really nice atmosphere. Its cosy enough to feel homely, but has enough space to not feel cramped. Right by the metro, so easy to find, and also right by the shops/cafes on the main front. I really would find it hard to pick a fault. Genuinely one of the best hostels I have stayed at, and reminded me of some of the top end hostels I stayed at in Portugal. Run by a friendly and efficient team, and definitely worth staying at if you're coming to Rio.

The Dictionary, Shoreditch

Good hostel in a good location. A few little things that could be tweaked, but to get a cheap bed for the night in a good location such as this, I was pretty impressed. The kitchen area is really nice, and the breakfast that is served up is really good also. I found the staff to be really pleasant and helpful. Its a little short on space, but this is virtually central London, so to have any space at all is good going. I would definitely stay here again.

YHA Manchester

Manchester, England

This is a genuinely excellent hostel. Having travelled around the world over the last year, I returned to Manchester for a couple of weeks, and stayed here, and I can honestly say its one of the best places I've stayed over the last year. The location is great, and for someone coming to Manchester for the first time, it really shows the best Manchester has to offer, in terms of the historic side of the city, as its right by the city's canals and waterways. Clean, friendly, affordable.

Shaq Big House

Kanazawa, Japan

Excellent new hostel. Owner was really friendly guy and all the facilities are lovely and clean. It was a really nice place to stay, and easy to get to all the main spots from.

Guest House KURA

Nagano, Japan

This was a fantastic experience. When I arrived here I really felt I had arrived in Japan. Very traditional, and well worth making a visit to. The owners are lovely people and very friendly and helpful. The place also has a restaurant standard cafe open five days a week, where I had a wonderful traditional Japanese lunch which was very reasonably priced. It made a real change to come somewhere like this after lots of hostels, and I would definitely recommend any traveler making the journey here.

Thank you for your staying at Guest House KURA! We are very happy to hear that you really enjoy the traditional real Japanese life style here! My mon was also happy because you enjoyed her lunch. Thank you for everything!! I am sure that next time I will take you a nice Onsen around here!! Arigato-! Matane:D

Pak-Up Hostel

Krabi, Thailand

Fantastic Hostel! The area doesn't have that much to offer but it is worth visiting just to stay here.

Die Wohngemeinschaft

Cologne, Germany

Great hostel in terms of the beds and sleeping areas. Pretty much a double bed for everyone and proper booths rather than rickety old bunks. On the down side, its the first hostel I've ever stayed at that doesn't have computers which was a bummer as I needed one as I had no laptop. No breakfast offered or included either. Staff lovely tho' and the place is peaceful and clean and tidy

City Backpackers Hostel

Stockholm, Sweden

I thought it was a great place to stay. Emily on the desk was lovely and Axl who did the evening food arrangments was a great host. Can't fault the place. The best Hostel out of 4 I stayed at in Sweden and Denmark

Hi there, you are a great judge of character - Axel is one of my favourite people, and Emmelie is a darling and a half! I will pass on your compliments to both of them, cheers Lena

Rivoli Cinema Hostel

Porto, Portugal

Yes! Lisbon Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

All the staff were extremely friendly and helpful, and I would definitly recommend it as a place to stay