Location England, Gender Female, Age 117

Laksameenarai Guesthouse, Bangkok, Thailand
2nd Aug 2017

I first booked for 1 night but decided to stay another 5 nights. For me, this place is as close to perfect as budget lodging can get. Right now I'm eating the fantastic free breakfast and listening to the owner's 70s rock playlist, while watching kittens play. Does it get any better? If you're after a party atmosphere then it's not for you, but if want a place to chill (that's also close to the craziness of Khao San Road), you won't find a better place. Easily the best hostel of my 2 month trip.

HI Siem Reap, Siem Reap, Cambodia
31st Jul 2017

I did not have the best time in Siem Reap, however this hostel made it a thousand times better than it would have been. I booked here but stayed at HI Siem Reap Deluxe. The staff were so helpful and friendly! They helped me get a bike, book the bus, gave directions, recommended food...honestly they were fantastic. The hostel itself is great too, good facilities, comfortable bed, very clean and extremely cheap! If I were to go back to Siem Reap I wouldn't even look at staying anywhere else.

Step Inn Guest House and Hostel, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
7.1
24th Jul 2017

Although it's in a good location, it was a little tricky to find from the direction we came from. It has a nice atmosphere with really helpful staff and a great communal area to meet people. Room was small and basic with no aircon, but it was comfortable and more than good enough. The shared bathroom is a really good size, so the shower/toilet combo doesn't make sense and just feels dirty. I wouldn't stay again just because of that, which is a shame because everything else is really good!

Thank you very much for your kind words, we are very happy to receive such good feedback from yourself. We do have single showers for guest to use and we are also currently renovating the hostel to provide more shower and toilet facilities for our guests. We do hope that if you are ever in Kuala Lumpur again that you will come and stay with us. King regards, Step Inn Guest House.

Taipei Hostel, Taipei, Taiwan
4.9
21st Jul 2017

I loved Taipei, shame about the hostel. I checked in after my friend who had arrived earlier. I paid the fee AND deposit and was taken to the room. The man then said we would share a locker and my friend already had the key. When I checked out I told the woman on reception and she said I wouldn't get the deposit back because I had no key and started shouting, accusing me of lying in front of other guests. + Comfortable beds and good location. - full of bugs, horrible atmosphere and RUDE staff.

Apple Inn Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
6.0
18th Jul 2017

I'm conflicted. There's no doubt that the location is good and it's relatively cheap. The receptionist was friendly and helpful. However, I arrived on the 11th floor and went through the open front door where I had to walk through a circle of drunk people just to get to the reception desk (a table surrounded by rubbish). I was directed to my room which was a closet with 4 beds squeezed in, and I had no bed cover. Basic facilities are fine for the price, I just really didn't like the atmosphere.

The Phoenix, Shanghai, China
16th Jul 2017

One of the best hostels of my 2 month trip. Although I didn't have a great time in Shanghai, the hostel was exceptionally good. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly, the hostel had a great vibe and very modern facilities. Beds not the most comfortable, but overall excellent rooms. Location was perfect. Would definitely recommend!

Thanks so much for your recent review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we really appreciate your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon at The Phoenix. Kind regards, The Phoenix

Leo Hostel, Beijing, China
8.0
28th Jun 2017

This was the first stop of my trip and I had a great time here. The location is total perfection, I don't think you can get better really. Staff were nice and really helpful. The facilities were somewhat lacking: bathrooms mostly out of order and extremely basic, but it didn't affect my stay too much. The hostel has a cool look and a good atmosphere - would stay again.

×