Location: England, Gender: Male, Age: 30

This is a fun hostel, there are lots of cool people, drinking and the staff are nice. The kitchen is acceptable, the common areas are a nice size, not too big or small. The constant music outside did wear on me a bit though. I recommend this hostel for travellers who want to meet people and have fun. Th rooms are nice and quiet.

Hollywood Beach Hostel

Fort Lauderdale, USA

More of a hotel with dorms than a hostel. There is no real hostel vibe. The kitchen is lacking plates. The guy on reception (Diego i think) is really cool and friendly. This place is right by the beach, so fo that it is great, but you wont meet people much here.

Downtown Washington Hostel

Washington DC, USA

A delight to stay here after the one in Philly. Jude was really cool, and when AJ turned up it got even better. The rooms are good and the people hang out and making friends is easy. It could do with an extra bathroom on floor 2, but otherwise ths place was great. It is 10 minutes walk from Union station and a great place to explore DC and have a good time. Thanks for a great time.

The Philadelphia House

Philadelphia, USA

A fantastic hostel. One of the best i have ever been to. The staff are very friendly, i hung out with them and other backpackers. The pub crawl was a blast, the place is VERY clean, great common area. I would highly recommend this hostel. There is a sister hostel in Washington DC too if the readers need one. Seriously a great place, thank you for being like a home in Philly to this traveller.

B Hotel & Hostel

New York, USA

No atmosphere. The walls in the rooms do not reach the ceiling so if your neighbour turns on a light, snores or talks late at night you get woken up. The dorms are noisy due to this as every time somebody goes down the corridor you can hear it.

Pyjama Park Hotel & Hostel

Hamburg, Germany

A nice little hostel in the middle of the Reaperbahn. The area isn't as dodgy as it claims, this hostel is on the main road and is well located. There isn't much of a backpacker atmosphere, but if you are with friends it will serve nicely. Breakfast is VERY expensive though.

Many thanks. We are glad to hear that. Actually our breakfast is not that expensive. The breakfast includes different coffee specialties, tea, water and juice, fruits, bread, toast, cereals, eggs as well as assorted sliced cold meats and cheeses as much as you like. But we would like to invite you to a breakfast next time you stay with us. Greetings from the Reeperbahn.

Euro Youth Hostel

Munich, Germany

I was charged to my credit card for the first night as we were late, despite having emailed ahead to say I would be late due to flight delays. This was inconvenient and incurred me charges on my card for overseas transactions, and was despite a member of staff emailing me earlier that day to confirm that they had read my email and knew I was definitely coming. This kind of sloppy service by the staff shows a lack of communication and professionalism. I won't be coming back to this hostel.

• 15th Oct 2013
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Hi, Thanks for your review and I'm sorry that you weren't satisfied with the service. It is our policy to charge guests for their first nights stay when they are due to arrive after 4pm, and this policy of ours is clearly stated on Hostelworld.com. Sorry that you incurred credit-card charges because of this, but I would not say that it indicates "sloppy Service". I hope that other than this your stay was pleasant, and wish you safe travels in the future. Nick EYH Team

fantastic staff especially the bar maid. easy to find, but not really a 'meeting people' hostel.

great staff, a really cool place. Duvets were a bit thin though even with the radiator it was cold at night.

St Christopher's Village

An average hostel, the bar downstairs means you need ear plugs on the first floor and the lack of a kitchen hurts the atmosphere a bit if you don't fancy the bar. Otherwise good enough.

Hi! Firstly Thank You for taking the time to leave us a review, we appreciate all feedback as it can only help us to improve! We apologize you found the bar area too loud, unfortunately as we are a party hostel it can be noisy, the earplugs are free however from our 24 hour reception area, once again though our apologies if this affected your stay. Unfortunately we do not have a kitchen, we do offer microwave and tea and coffee facilities in our Chill Out Room. In the bar and our neighbouring pub - St. Christopher's Inn you are also entitled to 25% off all food during your stay. Thank You again, we do hope to see you again next time in London! The St. Christopher's Team.

Passenger Ship Avanti

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Directions are not clear enough, but when we got there i really liked it. Be warned the rooms are tiny, but the beds comfy and the manager was cool.

• 15th Sep 2011

Worst kitchen ever! 2 pans, 0 plates and the microwave doesn't work. The room was good and the staff friendly, but if you want to cook for yourself its near enough impossible

Langstars

Zurich, Switzerland

A small hostel with fair facilities. It is expensive, but thats Zurich. The owner is friendly and the free beer is always welcome

Balmers Herberge

Interlaken, Switzerland

Staff were nice, its a bit of a hike from the station and the i got eaten by Bed Bugs in my bunk. The hostel has good character, but really spotty wifi connections.

Brussels Hello Hostel

Brussels, Belgium

A suitable hostel, with good facilities but no atmosphere.

HI-Toronto

Toronto, Canada

Excellent positioned hostel, a bit expensive though. Staff are really helpfull. The 6 share room, was a bit cramped though, it was too many people for the size of the actuall room.

Directions given via booking email were TERRIBLE! No interaction with people, and the kitchen was missing some major basics! Then although i have been refunded, i was charged for not turning up, ORGANISATION!! Its a university, not exactly inspiring stuff.

Lette`m Sleep Hostel

Nuremberg, Germany

met some cool people here, could do with an extra pc thought for the internet, like their hostel in Berlin

Lettem Sleep

Berlin, Germany

Had a really good time in a fun, chilled hostel, where the people are friendly and its not too big, unlike many others in Berlin