Location Canada, Gender Female, Age 23

Stayinn Barefoot Condesa, Mexico City, Mexico
31st Aug 2017

This hostel was great! Gorgeous inside, great location, good water pressure & warm water for showers, good breakfast, and helpful staff. It has a decent atmosphere too with plenty of people in the common room (usually). There's a bar upstairs but it doesn't seem to be affiliated with the hostel.

21st Aug 2017

Had a pretty good stay here! Great staff and close to the train station and metro. Met a few nice people here too! I didn't have too much trouble meeting anyone and as a solo female traveller that was great! The rooms were super clean and the beds were comfortable. Great showers and toilets. Like a lot of hostels in Japan it wasn't the most riveting atmosphere and there were a few older travellers (after backpacking through southeast asia that was new!). Still met some great people though.

Apple Inn Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
6.9
12th Aug 2017

Nothing awful about this hostel, but nothing spectacular. Decent facilities and beds and gets the job done! Not much of an atmosphere if that's what you're looking for

10th Aug 2017

Loved the free beer and atmosphere. Pretty good location too. Met some amazing people. I'm a solo female traveller so that was awesome. I also stayed in the other central hostel and the beds and facilities are much nicer than the other one. Most importantly, I did the Hideaway Tour and loved it! I had to leave a day early due to an illness and the staff were extremely accommodating and gave me a refund. Really appreciated that because that DEFINITELY wouldn't happen everywhere in Vietnam.

8th Aug 2017

I've stayed at other Vietnam Backpackers hostels before and enjoyed the party atmosphere! However, this one was a bit lacking. The pres always had music blasting so loud it was tough to talk to people. And the pub crawl wasn't so much a crawl as it was only one pub!!! Otherwise it was pretty fun and I'm just comparing to the other party hostels I stayed in while in Vietnam

Hey thanks for the review, Its a shame to hear you didn't enjoy us as much as our other sites across Vietnam, we always try to create the best party atmosphere for all our guests with the music slowly raising as the evening goes on so by the end of the night people are up and dancing on the tables and having a really good time. With the bar crawl it originates at our Original hostel, then goes to us at Downtown and then on to two other bars, as a free bar crawl we try to keep it as simple as possible due to the numbers we normally get on it. We wish you safe future travels, Rob Towell Manager

30th Jul 2017

This is by far the nicest hostel I've stayed in! The staff were so helpful and mapped out my through journey and helped with a timeline for me. One of the staff immediately introduced himself to me and made me feel super comfortable. I met so many nice people too. Really easy to socialize in this hostel. The pool and activities were great, & I had the best pork banh mi I've EVER had. Really enjoyed my stay here. It's more expensive than other places but you get more than what you pay for.

Thank you for the amazing review. It's so great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated the help of our friendly staff. Hope you're still traveling and that we see you again some day. All the best, Alaysia MacPherson General Manager

Diep Anh Guesthouse, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
29th Jul 2017

Wow!!! I loved staying here!! The couple who owned this place are so incredibly sweet and knowledgable. The room was quiet and comfortable and the location was amazing! This place deserved their feature in the Lonely Planet! And their trip advisor award. It was just a humble hole-in-the-wall looking place but it had so much charm and care put into it. I definitely would love to return if I'm ever back in Saigon!

Hideout Hostels Asia - Saigon, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
26th Jul 2017

As a SFT this place was awesome :) so easy to meet people and just TONS and TONS of fun. It's most definitely a party hostel. Events every night, free beers, shots, and breakfast totally make this hostel. The staff were super nice and friendly as well. Loved every second, hope to come back!

Thank you for your review we are very glad to hear you loved staying with us. Our staff is here to show the guests a good time and it sounds like they did just that! We welcome you back anytime to our hostels. Tony Villatoro - Guest Relations

• Canada, All Female Group, 18-24
Gili Mansion, Gili Trawangan, Indonesia
7.7
20th Jul 2017

We had a great time at Gili Mansion! Facilities are very new. Once construction is finished it should be great. Unfortunately they don't take credit as advertised online so that was a nuisance, and they hadn't constructed their kitchen so we didn't get breakfast included as advertised. Otherwise, this place is tons of fun with a great atmosphere! Ice cold showers and terrible wifi though.

Fat Barracuda, Padang Bai, Indonesia
6.0
19th Jul 2017

Nothing awful about this hostel, but nothing spectacular. We only stayed here so we could catch out 8am boat to Gili T and could be in walking distance from the boat. Free breakfast was nice, the staff were nice. Only issue was sleep! Boats honking all night, and not to mention that guests kept coming into the sleeping part of the hostel thinking it was the lobby. The dormitory looks like the front lobby from the outside and the doors don't lock so there were a bunch of interruptions.

Puji Hostel, Ubud, Indonesia
4.0
19th Jul 2017

Nani House 2 Hostel, Ubud, Indonesia
17th Jul 2017

I had a great stay here! Nice staff and good rooms with comfy beds and no loud traffic noises despite being right in the middle of Ubud! The staff were lovely and they offered great deals for the adventures to be had around Ubud. I wasn't sure if I'd meet any people because there was no common room, but I managed to meet some wonderful people in my rooms anyway! Good vibes at this hostel!

Haus Hostel, Chiang Mai, Thailand
9th Jul 2017

This hostel was pretty great! Good breakfast and location, nice staff, and cubby beds so you could block out light. The rooftop was really nice! Only qualm was the shower pressure was awful and the water was lukewarm at best. I did take a shower at the end of the day, but still! Overall really enjoyed my stay, met a few nice people too.

Lub d Bangkok Siam, Bangkok, Thailand
7.1
5th Jul 2017

I didn't love my stay here, but it wasn't horrible and I'd still say this hostel is fine. The rooms smelled like mildew and that was a big issue for me. The showers were often clogged as well. Other than that, very wonderful staff with great tips, fantastic flyers around the hostel to help you figure out what to do, and INCREDIBLE location. At first I didn't want to stay right in the centre of Bangkok because I didn't want the busy area, but being right beside the malls was so much fun.

×