Reviews: dryadsage

Location: USA, Gender: Female, Age: 35

Banana Bungalow Hollywood

Los Angeles, USA

Great location! Location and secure parking were really the best part of this hostel for me. The staff were also very nice/helpful and I appreciated the passcode security access to the hostel. Dorms were simple, but included a kitchenette and bathroom. Dorm bed was comfy enough, breakfast was available (cereal, bread/spreads, and coffee/tea), and the tiki lounge area was cute. It's not my favorite hostel, but I would absolutely stay again if in the Hollywood area.

I fell in love w/Cappadocia & ended up extending my stay...twice. The friendliness of the staff at Rock Valley was phenomenal - & really gave a great atmosphere. Great breakfast (e.g. french toast, turkish b'fast) & relaxing/peaceful backyard. Rock Valley can help arrange tours & give hiking advice - but don't pressure you. Stayed in female dorm; the ensuite's a wetroom, but not a problem. Only strange thing is that the dorm's door is to the outside and there's only 1 key for all guests.

Globetrotters/The Townhouse

Dublin, Ireland

VERY comfortable beds, great breakfast and free internet; for these reasons, I'd highly recommend. That said, this is not your typical hostel; half is more a B&B/budget hotel and half is dorms. There isn't really the hostel "vibe", but the place is extremely nice...

Belfast International Youth Hostel

Belfast, Northern Ireland

I could feel the bed springs through the mattress and the 4-bed dorm was very small. Shower had great hot water, though! Little things like repositioning the lockers so the light could reach the sink/mirror would be nice improvement. Breakfast was not included; however, the attached cafe had decent food/prices.

Kinlay Eyre Square Hostel

Galway, Ireland

Great location, comfy bed, pretty good free breakfast. The showers have that "press for XX seconds of water" thing, which was a shame; however, I really enjoyed my time at Kinlay House.

Convenient location and comfy beds. That said, since it's downtown, I recommend bringing earplugs since it can be loud in street-side rooms. Also: would be great if staff can oil the squeaky bathroom door in Room 306.

Nice hostel in a great location. Spacious dorm (8 bed), but the bunks are low so that you can't even sit up straight on the bottom bunk.

Affordable, well located place with friendly staff (thanks Biz Biz!). They have alcohol available, a fireplace in the main common area and a nice little terrace. This will be a great hostel once the construction is finished.

Jungle Party Hostal

Antigua, Guatemala

Jungle Party was great. Staff were very helpful; hostel was secure (with lockers and overnight watchman/guard); free breakfast was much better than most hostels; hostel bar closes around 10pm so you are able to sleep if you want. Only real "complaint" - if you can call it that - is that there's only 2 toilets for the entire hostel. Would definitely stay there again.

Mona Lisa Hostel

Rome, Italy

Staff are friendly, though very new to the hostel. Location is

Youth Hostel Sorrento

Sorrento, Italy

Hostel is located in Sant' Agnello (stop before Sorrento on the Circumvesuviana). It's a 15-20min walk from the train station up a steep road to the hostel, so it's not terribly convenient - but there is some sort of bus option (which I didn't try). Overall, Sant' Agnello is a decent location to explore the Amalfi Coast, Capri, Pompeii & Herculeneum. I was in a 4bed dorm & there was a max of 2 people (inc. myself) in the dorm on any given night. Paid 3Euro to use their washer & hung clothes on the line to dry. Comfy sling-chairs out in the garden to read in, if you just want to be lazy... I'd stay there again.

Hostel of the Sun

Naples, Italy

Excellent, helpful staff. Homey atmosphere. Pretty decent breakfast. Felt secure: buzz into the building, buzz into the hostel, no locks on dorm doors but lockers provided. Location is ~15-20min walk from Napoli Centrali & very near the port. I'd stay there again - both Naples and Hostel of the Sun were a pleasant surprise.

Hostel Ruthensteiner

Vienna, Austria

Ruthensteiner was fantastic. It was the largest hostel I stayed at on my trip, but didn't have the mega-hostel feel. Comfy beds (6-bed female dorm), nice functional bathrooms (though you have to keep pressing the shower to turn on while washing your hair), great kitchen, a courtyard w/giant chess & live music (piano & guitar, courtesy of fellow travellers) every night. I'd definitely stay there again - even extended my stay this time.

Hostel Krumlov House

Cesky Krumlov, Czech Republic

Krumlov House, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways... Great, helpful staff. Real kitchen. No bunk beds. In short, you felt like "home" while on the road. I'd definitely stay again.

Hostel Posillipo

Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Posillipo was great. It is located right on the Turkish square, and is run by very friendly people. Bed was very comfortable - room was far enough back that tram/street noise was not a problem for sleeping. I would stay there again. (Had a private single w/shared bathroom - thought it was supposed to be private bath, but not a big deal.)

Red Bus Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

Excellent location; you can walk almost anywhere in the city. Comfortable dorm beds. No secure lockers, but you need key to building, key to hostel, and key to dorm room, so it feels safe. They also store your stuff for free after you check out, which is nice. Breakfast is meager, but the bread is good. I'd stay there again.