Dina's Hostel

Cairo, Egypt

A great option in this price range. The rooms were basic but very functional, with very comfortable beds. The breakfast was varied daily, but always great. The staff were friendly and helpful, arranging taxis for us (day trip to pyramids and airport transfer) at very reasonable rates. Would stay here again if/when I return to Cairo.

• 24th May 2013

Our Melting Pot

Manila, Philippines

Good clean basic facilities, great breakfast, comfortable beds, but it's really the people - both staff and fellow travellers - that set this place apart. Thanks so much Grace for a fantastic tour and dressing up with us for the Halloween festival, LOL.

• 25th Oct 2012
  • Globetrotter

room with a balcony, right on the lake. What more really needs to be said.

Backpackers Lucerne

Lucerne, Switzerland

room with a balcony, right on the lake. What more really needsd to be said.

has the basics covered, although would suggest a re-think on paying for internet/wifi!?!

a converted house rather than purpose built hostel makes for a very cosy night in the dorms (ie the beds are alomst close enough to cuddle your neighbour, LOL). However great location and super friendly staff make it a good option for a night or 2.

Jugendherberge Augsburg

Augsburg, Germany

A couple of school groups were also staying here, however the staff put us in a twin room (although we had booked a dorm) which showed great consideration. The breakfast was great and location convenient (parking available for 5 euro). The only negative comment I have is in regard to the showers - transparent doors!?! Not all of us are exhibitionists, LOL.

Jugendherberge W├╝rzburg

Wurzburg, Germany

Had the basics covered. The rooms were comfortable, friendly staff, great breakfast. ......... but wifi not so good. Ooohhh well, guess you can't have everything? LOL

Five Elements Hostel Frankfurt

Frankfurt, Germany

just transiting through Frankfurt - so the location was ideal. The staff were great and facilities had the basics covered......although a safety warning should come with the lockers, LOL.

Sunflower Place Silom

Bangkok, Thailand

I highly recommend this hostel. The staff were very welcoming and always happy to help. The rooms were very clean and well maintained. The location was perfect - on a quiet back street yet very close to both the BTS and MRT, shops, restaurants and night market. As a regular traveler to Bangkok I am glad to have finally found a hostel that perfectly fits my needs and I look forward to my next stay at the Sunflower Place Silom.

• 1st Oct 2010

Yes ! Lisbon Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

Good facilities, great breakfast and friendly staff. This new hostel checks all the boxes and with improvements still being made will only improve.

Alfama Patio Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

An emphasis on fun rather than facilities. The amenities are new and staff helpful, however the school gym style showers and cramped dorms left this hostel feeling more like a frat house .... perhaps not everyones cup of tea?!?

Boston

Cordoba, Spain

Central aircon was not ideal, as most of time is was down too low or was turned off for hours at a time. Wifi was not available in the rooms as advertised. Otherwise an OK place to stay.

Nuevo Suizo

Seville, Spain

OK, don't know what everyone else is whingeing about; aircon worked and was much appreciated, no problem with wifi in room and occasional wait for bathroom - but no biggie! I enjoyed my stay and have already booked in again for when I return.

Riad Basma

Marrakech, Morocco

A beautiful Riad, with very hospitable staff and in a great location - couldn't ask for anything more .......... except maybe aircon?!? Thanks, I enjoyed my stay and gladly recommend to fellow travelers.

Superb Hub @ Bugis City

Singapore, Singapore

will be staying here again

Hi: Thanks for your support and rev iew. Take good care.

Alibi B14

Piran, Slovenia

There's another hostel just around the corner, unfortunately not listed on hostelworld (HI affiliated I think?). Enough said!?!

Hotel & Hostel Sport

Postojna, Slovenia

Basically a hotel room fitted out with a couple of bunks, however lockers in the room would be a great idea.

Back Packers Rooms

Bled, Slovenia

enjoyed my stay although it was very clear that the hostel came a distant 3rd to pub and tours

The New 7th Story Hotel

Singapore, Singapore

No aircon or fans in the common areas and some staff very unhelpful let down this otherwise good hostel. I was also overcharged for the room as deposit paid on hostelworld was not taken into account - I was informed that only deposits paid to hostelbookers are accredited?

YHA Stratford upon Avon

Stratford-upon-Avon, England

A great place to relax for a few days

UCool International Hostel

Shanghai, China

I really enjoyed my stay here, the location was great and the staff super friendly and helpful. I highly recommend this hostel.

I've backpacked around 45 countries and this is THE best hostel I've stayed in. Both the rooms and the welcome are warm, and the beer is cheep and cold........perfection!

Everything I look for in a hostel, I will be returning when I pass through Shanghai again.

Green Studio Hostel

Belgrade, Serbia

Great place but be advised that 3 bathrooms stated in description is actually a toilet and a sink in one cubicle and a toliet and shower in anonther!

Hey Terrie. I appologize for the bathroom situation while you were here. The larger bathroom with toilet, sink, and washing machine for free use by guests was out of order for the days you were here for remodeling. Now it is finished and open.

The London Lodge