Location: Denmark, Gender: Male, Age: 42

MM Cozy Place mid-range Guest House

Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

Very friendly and helpful staff. Great all you can eat buffet for breakfast. The place is bit far from the city centre, but minibusses can take you there. All nights I experienced mosquitoes in the room, and no mosquito nets are supplied.

Safari Hostel

Moscow, Russia

A friendly place in a very convenient location in center of town. Not many travellers staying here, mostly young russians which mind their own business. I actually liked that as they were quiet people compared to the backpackers with their noisy parties into the early morning in the common room. Walls are thin here.

BackPacker's Republic

St Petersburg, Russia

Can't think of a better way to run a hostel. Everything was just perfect, and I hope to come back some day.

City Hostel

St. John's, Canada

A very friendly place in an excellent location. Staff is helpful and accommodating, so it can only be recommended. The common area in the basement is a bit small, but the atmosphere of the whole place makes up for it.

Hilo Bay Hostel

Hilo, USA

After staying at the scruffy surfer hostels in Honolulu, where staff tells you at check in that you will be thrown out if you don't follow the rules, this peaceful and friendly place is pure paradise. A wonderful atmosphere in a beautiful old building that can only be recommended. This place completely turned my opinion on Hawaii.

Metropolis Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

OK place ın an excellent locatıon near all Istanbuls sights and yet very quiet. Staff is fairly friendly. Do remember to have the FULL payment in cash ready ON arrival. First nights pay is NOT enough. I was sent to the money changers half a kılometer away. However the place is rather cramped, so get used to walking sideways, also in the very limited common area.

Hostel Han

Pristina, Kosovo

A small and very characterful place. You are more like friends with the staff than just at client. Right in the centre of the centre of Pristina. No breakfast is served, but the cafes are just outside the door. It is almost impossible to find on your own (4th floor in an apartment block) but the taxi driver called them, and they picked me up.

Westend City Hostel

Vienna, Austria

I was so busy sightseeing Vienna, that I barely spent more time at this place than sleeping and eating breakfast. However it can only be recommended. Staff is very friendly, the place is clean and secure, a good value breakfast is served and the location is unbeatable with just a few minutes walk from the airport bus stop and metro station, which takes you straight to the center of town. Will stay at this place next time I visit Vienna.

AAE Knights Inn JFK

New York, USA

This hostel/hotel uses same kind of marketing techniques as seen with second hand car dealers etc. First of all it is NOT a hostel and NEVER was, as told/lectured by the grumpy receptionist, when confronted with their 19$ dorm bed add. Dorm beds are NOT available at this HOTEL. My 1st floor room was in the basement ! If I didn’t keep my curtains closed, people from the sidewalk could look into my bed. At check out, and I was to pay the $80.99 balance, $15.45 misc. taxes and fees was added.