Location Italy, Gender Female, Age 27

• Italy, All Female Group, 25-30
Hostel Van Gogh, San Jose, Costa Rica
4th Jan 2016

Beautiful little hostel in a great location. The guy at reception was very friendly and helpful. The bathrooms are nice and clean and the common areas are nice. Only downsides: the breakfast isn't great, there are no flat sheets on the beds and no lockers. But towels are provided which is nice.

• Italy, All Female Group, 25-30
Hostel Plinio, Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica
30th Dec 2015

We really enjoyed our stay here and would definitely come back. It's a beautiful hostel with a relaxed atmosphere, good breakfast and really nice pool! Staff were super helpful and knowledgeable.

Cabinas Vista Al Golfo, Monteverde, Costa Rica
22nd Dec 2015

The communal areas are great, particularly the outdoor terrace. Staff friendly and helpful. All in all one of the nicest hostels I've stayed in. A bit pushy about booking tours through them.

Mayol Lodge, La Fortuna, Costa Rica
6.9
21st Dec 2015

I was quite disappointed with my stay here, especially because I'm sure I picked it based on good reviews. I think I was just unlucky. I was given the room closest to the reception, which was quite sad-looking and in need of a paint job. It got quite noisy at times during the night. No lockers and only one key per room, although I had the room to myself so that wasn't an issue. They did provide a towel. The pool is nice and the breakfast was good. I was just really unlucky with the actual room.

Hostel Kinkaju, Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica
15th Dec 2015

KulturBerlin Sucre, Sucre, Bolivia
13th Oct 2015

Great hostel. Loved the courtyard and the activities every night. Would have loved to stay longer if I had the time!

Students & Travellers Inn, Athens, Greece
14th Jun 2013

Clean, friendly and helpful staff and amazing location.

• Italy, All Female Group, 18-24
Hans Brinker Budget Hotel, Amsterdam, Netherlands
29th Mar 2013

We had a great time in this hostel. It might not be the fanciest hostel we ever stayed in but most of the staff were really cool (shoutout to Davy at the bar!). The breakfast is great (and FREE) and the bar is cool (but could be a bit cheaper). The location is perfect: nice area, loads of food places just around the corner, bicycle rentals, and really close to the main "going out" area. You can walk everywhere. The bathroom wasn't great but we were only there for 3 nights, so we survived.

Hi Mihela, Thanks for your review! We will give Davy your compliments! Little note on the prices of our bar: actually we are one of the cheapest bars in town, Amsterdam can be really expensive. We offer a beer for 2 euro, while many bars ask more than 3 euro. We hope to welcome you again soon in Amsterdam and at the Hans Brinker Hotel! Greetings, Hans Brinker

• Italy, Female, 18-24
MD House, Chiang Mai, Thailand
22nd Apr 2011

Great place. A bit expensive but it's worth paying a bit more to stay here, and if you're travelling with other people or if you find someone to share a room with it's not too bad. The room was big, clean and comfortable, as was the bathroom. The pool was amazing, a good breakfast is included, and internet is free. What more can you want?

• Italy, Female, 18-24
Cozy Bangkok Place, Bangkok, Thailand
8.7
20th Apr 2011

Everything was perfect. Staff are very helpful. Only make sure that if you're taking a taxi you print out the map in thai because taxi drivers don't speak any english (and make sure they use the meter and don't just give you a fixed price). My flight arrived quite late so there was no more airport shuttle or subway so i had to taxi the rail link and then the taxi some of the way. Only managed because a thai lady helped me out! So apart from this complication the place is great.

• Italy,
Youth Hostel Sorrento, Sorrento, Italy
8.0
6th Sep 2009

the hostel is in sant'agnello, which is one train stop before sorrento. you can take the bus to sorrento or walk (not that far away, about 30 mins). the hostel had a slight horse aroma around it, but other than that it's very good value compared to other places in sorrento, the staff are very friendly (we even got picked up from the train station when we first got there) and the breakfast is included and good.