Location: Italy, Gender: Female, Age: 27

Hostel Van Gogh

San Jose, Costa Rica

Beautiful little hostel in a great location. The guy at reception was very friendly and helpful. The bathrooms are nice and clean and the common areas are nice. Only downsides: the breakfast isn't great, there are no flat sheets on the beds and no lockers. But towels are provided which is nice.

• 4th Jan 2016

Hostel Plinio

Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica

We really enjoyed our stay here and would definitely come back. It's a beautiful hostel with a relaxed atmosphere, good breakfast and really nice pool! Staff were super helpful and knowledgeable.

• 30th Dec 2015

Cabinas Vista Al Golfo

Monteverde, Costa Rica

The communal areas are great, particularly the outdoor terrace. Staff friendly and helpful. All in all one of the nicest hostels I've stayed in. A bit pushy about booking tours through them.

Mayol Lodge

La Fortuna, Costa Rica

I was quite disappointed with my stay here, especially because I'm sure I picked it based on good reviews. I think I was just unlucky. I was given the room closest to the reception, which was quite sad-looking and in need of a paint job. It got quite noisy at times during the night. No lockers and only one key per room, although I had the room to myself so that wasn't an issue. They did provide a towel. The pool is nice and the breakfast was good. I was just really unlucky with the actual room.

Hostel Kinkaju

Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica

KulturBerlin Sucre

Sucre, Bolivia

Great hostel. Loved the courtyard and the activities every night. Would have loved to stay longer if I had the time!

Students & Travellers Inn

Athens, Greece

Clean, friendly and helpful staff and amazing location.

Hans Brinker Budget Hotel

Amsterdam, Netherlands

We had a great time in this hostel. It might not be the fanciest hostel we ever stayed in but most of the staff were really cool (shoutout to Davy at the bar!). The breakfast is great (and FREE) and the bar is cool (but could be a bit cheaper). The location is perfect: nice area, loads of food places just around the corner, bicycle rentals, and really close to the main "going out" area. You can walk everywhere. The bathroom wasn't great but we were only there for 3 nights, so we survived.

• 29th Mar 2013

Hi Mihela, Thanks for your review! We will give Davy your compliments! Little note on the prices of our bar: actually we are one of the cheapest bars in town, Amsterdam can be really expensive. We offer a beer for 2 euro, while many bars ask more than 3 euro. We hope to welcome you again soon in Amsterdam and at the Hans Brinker Hotel! Greetings, Hans Brinker

MD House

Chiang Mai, Thailand

Great place. A bit expensive but it's worth paying a bit more to stay here, and if you're travelling with other people or if you find someone to share a room with it's not too bad. The room was big, clean and comfortable, as was the bathroom. The pool was amazing, a good breakfast is included, and internet is free. What more can you want?

Cozy Bangkok Place

Bangkok, Thailand

Everything was perfect. Staff are very helpful. Only make sure that if you're taking a taxi you print out the map in thai because taxi drivers don't speak any english (and make sure they use the meter and don't just give you a fixed price). My flight arrived quite late so there was no more airport shuttle or subway so i had to taxi the rail link and then the taxi some of the way. Only managed because a thai lady helped me out! So apart from this complication the place is great.

Youth Hostel Sorrento

Sorrento, Italy

the hostel is in sant'agnello, which is one train stop before sorrento. you can take the bus to sorrento or walk (not that far away, about 30 mins). the hostel had a slight horse aroma around it, but other than that it's very good value compared to other places in sorrento, the staff are very friendly (we even got picked up from the train station when we first got there) and the breakfast is included and good.