Fantastic place, probably the most beautifully decorated house I have ever seen. Awesome rooftop terrace. Very clean, too. Definitely want to come back!

• 2nd Jul 2014

Equity Point Lisboa

Lisbon, Portugal

Very nice place, fantastic comfy mattress and lovely terrace

• 1st Jul 2014

Maceda Surf Hostel

Espinho, Portugal

Had a wonderful stay once more, this place feels like home! Will definitely come back.

• 24th Jun 2014
  • Globetrotter

This is a party hostel, people seemed to have a really good time. And the rooms are quiet, so this was not a problem for me. I was very happy to have a room to myself. Staff was very nice. Kitchen area a little small, when hostel full at peak meal times cooking might be difficult. Hostel is very central, I would definitely come again.

• 21st Jun 2014
  • Globetrotter

Great place, really felt at home!

• 18th Jun 2014

Nelson, New Zealand

• 11th Jan 2014

The Villa Backpackers Lodge

Picton, New Zealand

Beautiful place, felt right at home and will definitely come back.

• 30th Dec 2013

Green Kiwi Backpacker Hostel

Singapore, Singapore

Nice place, have stayed before and will come back. The breakfast is great and the staff very nice. The value for money is good in a dorm so for me everythiing was fine. My parents, however, thought the twin room was too expensive. They were happy with everything else.

• 31st Jul 2013

Maceda Surf Hostel

Espinho, Portugal

It is a lovely little place, I really felt at home and I liked the fact that it was very quiet so I was able to relax. The trains run until late at night so you can go out in the city and still get back. I definitely want to come back here; it is the best hostel I know in Portugal. The owners are very nice and helpful.

• 25th Jun 2013

Porto, Portugal

• 21st Apr 2013

Alfama Patio Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

Really lovely place, beautiful roof terrace with view, view also from single room, extremely nice staff. Had a wonderful time and will definitely come back!

• 19th Apr 2013

Goldmarie

Berlin, Germany

For the price it was perfectly ok and I was very happy to have my own room instead of a dorm. Walls and carpet look a bit shabby but I do not care about that. The one really negative thing was a poisonous smell in my room, possibly insect spray. I had to keep the window open during the night which was obviously a bit cold...

• 14th Feb 2013

Berlin, Germany

I like this hostel a lot, very spacious, clean rooms and good beds. Staff is friendly, I have one point however I was not happy with: A friend stayed as well and only chose the hostel so we could meet up and she specifically asked if she could be in the same room and got an email confirmation that it would be ok but we were given separate rooms with no change possibility. .

• 8th Feb 2013

Green Kiwi Backpacker Hostel

Singapore, Singapore

Very nice place, staff very helpful and friendly. Will definitely come back!

• 23rd Dec 2012

Moana Lodge

Wellington, New Zealand

Really lovely place, we felt at home and will certainly come back.

• 12th Dec 2012
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Heart of Gold Hostel

Berlin, Germany

This hostel is pretty good, bed was comfortable and I liked the fact that the dorm was in another building than the reception/bar area. I only stayed one night, I think there was no kitchen which is a pity since for a longer stay I would choose a place with kitchen facilities. But maybe I just did not see it I checked in at about 10pm and left 5:30am.

• 23rd Oct 2012

Travel Joy Hostels Chelsea

Great hostel, the only think I missed was kitchen facilities and 24-hour reception. There is one more thing I would like to comment: The bed assignment is done automatically and change does not seem to be possible. I would have preferred a bottom bunk but was told they were all taken by guests that stayed longer which was fair enough but then another girl arrived later and she also stayed just 1 night but got a bottom bed. I think it should have been possible to give me that bed as I came first.

• 7th Oct 2012
  • Globetrotter

Thank you for your review. We do not have a kitchen as we do have a restaurant downstairs, but we have a fridge, a microwave, a sandwich maker and toasters free to use for our guests. Our system automatically allocates beds, but if people are asking to change beds and when possible we make the change, but as people are all staying for a different length of time it is sometimes difficult to change beds even if we try our best to make our guest satisfied as much as we can.

Lera Surf Backpackers

San Sebastian, Spain

Hostel ok but far too expensive. Pick up was not possible for my stay. Does not feel safe that nobody there to guard the place at night.

• 17th Aug 2012

Hostel B&B&B

Santander, Spain

Unfortunately I had to leave too early so I cannot comment on breakfast. Probably would have rated value for money higher if I had it. Room was very small, I did not like the fact that people are allowed to smoke at the windows and that there was nobody at reception during the night. Did not feel very safe because of this. Also, reception only opens at 4pm which is very late.

• 16th Aug 2012

Gramsford Lodge

Blackpool, England

• 17th Mar 2012

Berlin, Germany

This really is a great hostel, the beds are comfortable, there are no bunks and the location is very convenient. The only drawback is that there is no kitchen for the budget conscious traveller and that the doors are quite loud.

• 11th Feb 2012

Thank you !!

Penpark Place

Bangkok, Thailand

The Garden and the roof terrace are really nice. The staff very helpful, especially the night shift, the rooms are clean. The bathrooms looked pretty bad in the morning but were cleaned afterwards. There is no space to hang your clothes inside the shower cabinets so you have to get out in order to get you towel and clothes which is not so great in a mixed bathroom. All in all, I was happy with the place and would definitely stay again.

• 19th Dec 2011

YHA Dunedin

Dunedin, New Zealand

The roof terrasse was great. Kitchen very well equipped. It is definitely a nice hostel and I would come again. I think the Duvet covers should be changed, too.

• 27th Nov 2011

Sydney Central YHA

Sydney, Australia

Nice hostel, only stayed one night so so I can't really comment. Wish I'd had the time to use the pool and the sauna.

• 22nd Nov 2011

5footway.inn Project Chinatown 1

Singapore, Singapore

Very nice hostel, very clean and conveniently located right at the MRT exit. Nice terrace and breakfast, friendly staff. Rooms very small, though.

• 17th Nov 2011
  • Globetrotter

Vielen dank for your compliments on our location, cleanliness, breakfast and staff. Your gave us a full mark rating and that got to show that despite our spatial constraint as a traditional conserved shophouse, we have managed to hit it right in everything else. Thank you for your assurance and we look forward to your return next year!

Embassie Liverpool Backpackers

Really love this place!!

• 26th Aug 2011

Anfield Stadium Guest House

Liverpool, England

It is great for the price. There is a nice park nearby. No lockers.

The Old Dairy

Liverpool, England

Great place! Felt very much at home. Will definitely come back.

The Windsor House Hotel

Blackpool, England

Berlin, Germany

Best marks in all categories. There are a few negatives as well, however: No female dorms and no kitchen facilities. The doors are very loud and the shower doors transparent. Also, I was not pleased that I had to pay 3 Euro for sheets twice, when I decided to stay another night and they made me change the room. But still best marks for beautiful place, comfy beds, good location and helpful staff.

YHA Liverpool

Liverpool, England

Too much traffic nearby; too expensive compared to other hostels in Liverpool.

Everton Hostel

Liverpool, England

Only stayed 1 night but was really nice! Will definitely come back here.

Hostel El Gaucho

Bariloche, Argentina

Great place, lots of information given, was happy throughout! Can recommend.

The cards to open the door never work the first time and you have to walk back all the way to the other place. Happened to several people.

Embassie Liverpool Backpackers

Liverpool, England

Love this place it is the best!! Will always come back.

It was great, I was in a separate building which was very quiet. The dinner offer was great and I loved the patio. The only bad thing I could say is that opening and closing the door of the dorm room was incredibly loud, waking you up even with ear plugs.

Generator Hostel London

The breakfast was better in the Generator Berlin. I thought it would be the same. The room had a nasty smell of that stuff they use to improve the smell but is sickly sweet and artificial and therefore probably better to do without. It would be better not to let people check in to the rooms in the early morning hours. There was someone coming in at about 3 and someone at 8 who started their unpacking first thing. Good hostels usually have a latest and earliest check-in hours.

Globetrotters/The Townhouse

Dublin, Ireland

Breakfast was great, bed very comfortable and it was nice and quiet. Would definitely come again.

Victory Hostel

Riga, Latvia

During 9 day stay no cleaning was done, just one towel first day, stains on carpet and toilet flush did not work.

D.lux Hostel

Sydney, Australia

Great views from the rooftop, delicious burgers at the barbecue on Saturday that was really great! Bed was comfortable as well. Will definitely come back.

Los Varietales

Mendoza, Argentina

It was very comfortable and the breakfast was plenty. Really liked it, would have liked to stay longer. The only problem was that the heater was on all night so it was too warm and also it made some noise. But it might have been because I complained of cold during the day so they turned it on and I could not turn it off myself.

Meiga Backpackers

Santiago de Compostela, Spain

very friendly and clean place, some of the staff were extremely nice, others regular. I had a very good stay there. A minus would be some creaking floorboards which made a lot of noise and the lack of cupboards to put your clothes. No furniture apart from the beds. It was possible to darken the rooms completely which is very important to me and not possible in most hostels.

The hostel is inexpensive so that's good. It is, however, really noisy so if you don't come there to party it is probably not the best choice.

Schlafmeile Hostel

Berlin, Germany

Great beds. Clean Rooms but not the showers. Too much noise from the street.