Mansion James Craig Court

Edinburgh, Scotland

The location is brilliant, but my room was pretty ropy in places and the "24 hour reception" basically consists of banging and waving through a downstairs window until you attract someone's attention. If, like me, you're looking for a cheap private double room to crash in, I'd recommend you splash out an extra tenner and go to a proper hotel. But perhaps now I've reached the age of 30 I've just turned into a miserable old git!

Hi and thanks for taking the time to share with us your experience and thoughts on St. Christopher's. We do indeed have a 24 hour reception, and we agree, our old-fashioned system is need of an update and thanks to your suggestion we will be sorting this problem out. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We try our best to keep our room standards high and our prices low to accommodate our wide variety of guests. Thanks for staying with us and we hope you'll give us another try in the future. St. Christopher's Team PS, you're never too old to have a great time at St. Christopher's!

Euro Hostel Edinburgh Halls

Edinburgh, Scotland

It's further out from the centre than we were expecting. It also wasn't as sociable as we'd expected - saturday the downstairs bar was hired out for a private function. It has a very chainy feel to it - no real character of its own.

Greg & Tom Hostel

Krakow, Poland

The mad dog shots evening was awesome, as were the other hostel social events.

Greg & Tom Hostel the 2nd

Krakow, Poland

The staff were really helpful.

Downtown Oasis

Budapest, Hungary

A really attractive and quiet hostel - not reccomended for party animals, but it's not supposed to be.

Strawberry Hostel Wien

Vienna, Austria

Clean and cheap private rooms, but not much really distinguising about the place.

As another reviewer said, the reception is really nice and looks like a 3*, but the rooms are not so nice.

Hotel France Albion

Paris, France

The luggage storage room was completely unsecured. They were also overbooked the first night, despite my hostelworld booking - I got the impression that this is a regular occurrance. However, the staff were friendly and the quality decent for a 2*.

Four Courts Hostel

Dublin, Ireland

Beds were remarkably comfy, despite being bunks. There are far too few showers and toilets. 10:30am checkout time wasn't very funny.

Wombats City Hostel Munich

Munich, Germany

The music was far too loud in the bar - conversation is of course vital in a hostel and I dont want to shout just to talk to the person sitting right next to me. A very friendly place though and great fun.

It would have been good to have a secure locker, as anyone could gain access to the rooms.