Astor Museum Inn

this place was great, staff was very helpful, even taking the time to help me order take out ( sorry I left it in the fridge!) great location to everything including the Underground and china town. The only thing I would fix would be a better ventilation system in the kitchen. I walked thru it to do laundry and when I walked out the clothes I was wearing reeked of onions and god knows what. maybe a fan?

Edinburgh, Scotland

Everytime someone checked out Not once did the sheets get changed. NOT ONCE. I saw them repeatedly straighten out the sheets & then just change the pillow case. The blankets should also be washed. The beds themselves are really old & have huge dips in them. Its a cheap place & you get what you pay for. The free tea is nice & the staff is friendly. I think they should have the long term guests in separate apartments from tourists as they are territorial and unwelcoming to visitors, kinda a shame.

• 29th Aug 2013
  • US Virgin Islands

We do have long term flats just for long termers, however when we are fully booked sometimes tourist will get mixed in but we keep them separate as much as possible as we understand it is a different kind of living situation for each. Regarding the bedding, we always keep a supply of clean bedding in reception in case anyone fells there bed is not clean and we can offer this service if needed.

Oban Backpackers

Oban, Scotland

I wanted to give this the best score,I really did enjoy my stay however one of the volunteers repeatedly made me & two of the women in my room very uncomfortable to the point where myself & another didn't want to be in the common room where he always was. I realize he isn't full staff & isn't a permanent fixture.But still... Anyways, it's very clean, great kitchen, awesome laundry service, and close to everything.The actual staff is friendly,attentive,kind and knowledgeable about the area.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us despite the discomfort you experienced due to one of our volunteer cleaners. I am very upset that his behaviour caused you to feel uncomfortable - this is totally unacceptable. I was unaware that there was a problem and had I been informed I would have immediately undertaken to resolve the issue. The volunteer cleaner has since moved on. and will not be back at this hostel.

Hostel Mango

Prague, Czech Republic

Hostel Mango

Prague, Czech Republic

Staff was strange. If you need something or ask a question its like talking to a brick wall one second and the next they are helpful. Confusing & tedious & not professional. The place is very clean & centrally located.Smoking is everywhere so If you like fresh air,don't bother staying here. every common area allows smoking. Its frustrating if you want to meet other people but have asthma and can't be around smoke.Don't bother paying for the breakfast. its not worth it, stale/old food.

Ring Hostel

Ischia, Italy

"Breakfast": Warm milk with stale cereal,only 3 bowls to speak of, watery fruit juice also available.Owner is clearly suffering from Napoleon complex, has no respect for his guests, tried to put extra bed in our room & charge us the same.Loud music & yelling til 2am in the common room, staff is nowhere to control it or doesn't care.Internet cuts out repeatedly.Showers: disgusting,moldy,leaking & doors broken.Ridiculously hot in the rooms, no fans, no AC American receptionist is lovely and kind

Annecy Hostel

Annecy, France

I loved this hostel because of the town itself and the staff, its family owned.All very chill and helpful. There are no lockers in the room and no luggage storage that I was aware of. The showers could use a little bleach and it would be nice if when people smoked outside they would close the door because it makes the entire kitchen smell like smoke which isn't appetizing when you are eating or cooking. they have an awesome dog who is super friendly too.

Helter Skelter Hostel

Berlin, Germany

i like this place so much im staying 3 extra nights! the staff is fantastic, they even made christmas cookies for everyone and they were really good too! i need that recipe! its close to so much and the train stop is right out front practically! tons of things to do here and lots of suggestions. the rooms and toilets are very clean and in good repair. will come back here again for sure.

Jaeger's Munich

Munich, Germany

great place i would stay again for sure. the staff was great , very sweet and helpful ladies! there are tons of brochures for things to do in the lobby which is nice and the beds are freaking awesome! the first time i didn't have a spring in my back in a while!

Balmers Herberge

Interlaken, Switzerland

the smoking is a problem and its hard to breath with that much smoke around you while your eating and socializing. and the paying to cook your food as well is not cool. i mean its a hostel with a kitchen i dont want to have to pay to heat up food and the kitchen is also not very stocked with silverware or pans or anything. the lockout is annoying its too long and if your getting sick like i was it wasnt good for those who just want to sleep. i saw lots of people sleeping on the couches in the lounge . the movie selection was great and the staff was very friendly so it balanced out the bad stuff. the rooms need keys and locks considering anyone who goes to the club downstairs can enter the hostel and go in the rooms. was goning to stay a week but left early though not from the hostel problems.

Edinburgh, Scotland

love this place! been here 4 times. aleady stayed a week longer then expected .the staff is great and very funny! love them! the showers are good at least in room 112/2/1 god do i love that shower! coming back for new years!

Kilkenny Tourist Hostel

Kilkenny, Ireland

was there for one night. the showers need work but the people were really nice. and the beds were comfy enough.

Claddagh Hostel

Galway, Ireland

Cyrus! i love you! i'll send you a treat from home. the best hostel i have stayed in! one cannot ask for a more friendly place to be. i had a blast staying here, location is great and the tours from the hostel are good too. staff is fantastic!

Doolin Hostel

Doolin, Ireland

it was a nice place but it was no atmosphere. the staff was good but don't even bother trying to do your laundry the guy won't let you. there is a great pub nearby with live music all the time. the rooms are really cold though.

Claddagh Hostel

Galway, Ireland

one of the best hostels i have stayed in. the showers are hot and the staff is halarious. great pubs near by and the best in the living are. it was nice to just relax and watch a movie! im coming back here!

i didn't actually end up staying in the hostel when i was planning to. i got a free place to stay after i had already dropped my stuff off the place was very clean but the guy who worked there didn't really speak english and was very hard to understand when explaining things. he was nice though. the kitchen was great and a nice tv room as well.

Edinburgh, Scotland

i have stayed in this hostel 3 times and everytime i love it! i am coming back up later this year and hopfully can stay a month or so! staff was great and the internet service saved my life from my family back home calling the cops!

Edinburgh, Scotland

we loved the place the only thing was the floors were pretty dirty... but otherwise it was fantastic the staff was really friendly and very helpful!i wish i could work there