Reviews: catlady23

Location: England, Gender: Female, Age: 30

Flying Pig Beach Hostel

Amsterdam, Netherlands

If you want to be near the center of Amsterdam this is not the place to go it is an hour shuttle ride from Amsterdam Central. If you want to get away from the busy center then this is definitely the place to go, a short walk from the beach. The hostel bar area has a really great atmosphere but if you want to smoke it's probably best to stock up in AMsterdam before you set off to the hostel as there is no where near by to buy weed from. Lovely hostel I will definitely be returning!!!

BaseCamp Bonn

Bonn, Germany

A bit out of the center of Bonn but it definitely worth making the effort to go to this hostel. This hostel was definitely one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in the accommodation is made up of caravans and camper vans. My bed was in the spotty trailer dorm, not much space in the beds but it was comfy. The atmosphere was brilliant and a short walk away was a park and a train stop. Breakfast was basic but adequate. I can't wait to go back here!!!

Luxembourg City Hostel

Luxembourg City, Luxembourg

This is Hostelling International hostel so obviously expect school trips and families. Facitilies are great and the location is not too convenient from the train station but close to nightlife and shopping areas. The surroundings to the hostel are so pretty. It has everything you need and the staff were lovely!!

Frankfurt Hostel

Frankfurt, Germany

I was unable to get the locker key for my bed number so I was given a different number locker only for the spare key to be given to someone else later!! I didn't feel like my belongings were very secure. Apart from this the hostel was a bargain considering a decent breakfast was included and free pasta every night. Atmosphere in the bar was good and location excellent if you need to be near the train station.

Awesome hostel! I had one night here and one night in LA Hostel - Old Kings is by far much much better. The girl at reception was so lovely and helpful she even offered me a sofa to sleep on the day I was leaving as she was booked up and I was struggling to find accommodation elsewhere. The bed was really comfy, atmosphere was so nice and cosy. The only thing that let it down was you can't check in until 4pm apart from that this is a perfect hostel in a great location - definitely recommend

Nice hostel just a short walk away from the center and the train station. The wifi was terrible and when you could get a connection you had to sign in again every 30 minutes. Breakfast was not included so I paid 2.50 euros extra - it's not worth paying extra for the breakfast. It would be better to spend your money in town and get a better breakfast. They offered luggage storage after checking out but this was just a space at the bottom of some stairs right next to an open door - not very secure

Generator Hostel Hamburg

Hamburg, Germany

Excellent location just across from the central train station. I ordered food from the bar which wasn't the best food I've had and was definitely a little over priced and took a long time to come (nearly 40 minutes) even though the bar was quiet. Very clean and beds are comfortable. Lockers are a decent size and the storage room is great to keep your luggage safe after you have checked out. A decent place to get your head down for the night but not the best hostel I have ever stayed in.

Well I paid a little more than I could have paid at other hostels in the area but I don't mind paying a little more for a St Christophers hostel but when I arrived the hostel was no longer St Christophers as it had been taken over by Hostelpoint. I was not informed that the hostel had changed hands and would not have paid so much if I had known the situation!! the hostel was a shell, no bar or decent common area so not worth the money. Hope it improves as renovation work is completed.

Flying Pig Uptown

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Lovely hostel, bit of a walk from the center of Amsterdam but that really doesn't matter when you're staying right next to Vondel Park. Staff were fantastic, really helpful and welcoming. Breakfast consists of cereal, bread/toast, fresh fruit, tea/coffee and fresh juice - no cheese and ham though :-(. Bar prices - very reasonable. Some showers lacked decent storage for clothes/towels etc and were a bit temperamental but adequat. Overall a great hostel and I would definitely stay here again :-)

Hi there, we appreciate you taking the time to give us some feedback, thank you! We hope you'll come and stay with us again soon. :)

Oliver St. John Gogarty

Dublin, Ireland

Only one room key so if you wanted to sleep & others were out you would have to leave the door slightly open or get woken up when they got back – not cool at 4:30am. Staff wonderful & helpful except for breakfast woman who was miserable, rude & handled food with dirty hands. Breakfast: cereal & fresh fruit good but toast was pre-toasted by breakfast staff & left in a stack to go cold – not very appetising! Free tea/coffee - nice touch but milk left out with no lid allday. Hostel ok but not great

The Bulldog

Amsterdam, Netherlands

I have stayed in a fair few hostels in Amsterdam and this hostel was certainly one of the best I have ever stayed in. It definately earns it's 5 stars. The room was cleaned regularly to a high standard and clean towels were available from reception upon request at no extra charge. Breakfast is simple but good quality and there is a wonderful atmosphere throughout the hostel both during the day and in the evening too. Only problem was there was a 5euro charge for a lock to fit the lockers.

Thank you for the nice review. We are really happy to hear you had a nice time. A quick note about the locks,: this is not a charge per se but a lock you get to purchase and keep if you need one. Guests are always welcome to leave valuables at reception if they do not wish to spend the €5.00.

St Christopher's Inn Newquay

Newquay, England

Had an awesome time, excellent location and the staff were very knowledgable about the area. Great deals on food and drink in the bar. Surf school on site offering regular lessons. Surf lessons were second to non and well worth the money. Can't say better than that!!!

Generator Hostel London

overall good hostel but only stayed for a couple of nights, not enough to give a full and proper review. would deffinately stay again though.