Location: USA, Gender: Female, Age: 28

Chelsea Highline Hostel

New York, USA

This hostel was very dirty! They definitely cut corners on cleaning. There were three shared bathrooms on each floor which were usually flooded with water and covered in people's body hair! The rooms were not inviting. In our room the curtain was broken and the steps up to the second bunk were also breaking. Getting in and out of bed was an adventure. The bunks were also extremely shaky. It was also noisy on the street as there is construction next door to the hostel. It was very hard to sleep.

Rivoli Cinema Hostel

Porto, Portugal

Very nice and centrally located hostel. This facilities are very modern and clean. The staff were very friendly and helped us with whatever we needed. The hostel offers free walking tours and events each night, so it's great for people who are traveling solo and want to meet other people or for people who want to get to know the city better with a local. We did the walking tour with Alex and highly recommend it.

Duo Housing Los Angeles

Los Angeles, USA

The staff at Duo Housing was so friendly and welcoming. They made us feel right at home in LA. We especially enjoyed the BBQ on Sunday evening. Good friendly, community vibe without it being a "party" hostel. This hostel worked out great for us because we had rented a car, which made it easy for us to get around LA. If you're using public transport it might be a little more out of the way, but having said that, this hostel was worth the stay.

Travellers House

Lisbon, Portugal

This hostel was UNBELIEVABLE! I booked it knowing it was rated the best hostel in the world by hostelworld and now I see why. The hostel is beautiful. The facilities are totally new and very clean. The staff are lovely and helped me with whatever I needed. On top of all this you can't beat the location... right in the heart of Lisboa on the Rua Augusta, not even a minutes walk from Praça do Comércio. I loved the experience and would recommend it to anyone.

Oporto Sky Hostel

Porto, Portugal

This hostel was great. Luiza and the rest of the staff were so lovely and helpful. The rooms and facilities were fine. The only downside for me was the hygiene in the showers, as they were not so clean as there was hair on the walls and in the shower drains. That's really the only thing I didn't like. The rest of my stay was absolutely wonderful and I'd highly recommend this place.

Black Sheep Hostel

Cologne, Germany

Pretty standard hostel. I think that the price for what you actually get is a little bit expensive, especially since it's not located in the center of the city. Also the shower I used had some problems draining. So lots of water accumulated. All that being said however, the staff was very helpful and friendly. Although it's not located in the center of the city it's in a cool neighborhood that one might now visit if they stayed in a different place.

Great hostel and really helpful staff!!

Aline Hostel

Chefchaouen, Morocco

Breakfast on the rooftop terrace cannot be missed. Nice backpackers hostel run by a lovely family in one of the world\'s most beautiful villages.

Aline Hostel

Chefchaouen, Morocco

A small backpackers hostel run by a very lovely family. It's located very close to the Medina and to the river. The rooms are a little cramped but that's what you get in a backpackers hostel. Overall, very pleased and would stay again.

The hotel is in a great location. Very clean. The shower was fantastic, with water jets on the wall and from above. It was a bit expensive for my budget, but it was a good value considering the location and the quality of the hotel. I would absolutely stay again.

Hostal La Fuente

Cordoba, Spain

Wonderful hostel! It's situated 10 minutes from the Mezquita and less than 5 minutes from Plaza del Potro and Plaza de la Corredera. VERY clean. For the price, cleanliness, and location it's a great value. I would definitely stay again or recommend it to my friends.

The hostel was great! Centrally located, safe, clean, and with very comfortable beds. William, who runs the place, was very helpful and was able to provide me with a bed at the last minute when I had to extend my stay. The only downside is that there are only two bathrooms (with showers) for the whole hostel. Other than that everything was great.

Lovely hostel, centrally located with good access to Barrio Alto and Praça do Comércio. Comfortable beds, very clean, and helpful staff. It's a small hostel so you feel as if you're at home and can meet people easily. I highly recommend this hostel and would definitely stay again.

Red Nest Hostel Valencia

Valencia, Spain

The hostel was very nice and centrally located. The only complaint is that when we arrived the floor of our room needed sweeping. We met some lovely people and overall enjoyed our stay.

360 Hostel Centro

Madrid, Spain

This hostel was clean, nice, with many friendly and helpful people right in the heart of Madrid. 6 computers to use for free of charge and a nice kitchen. The only complaints that I had was the lack of elevator and that it is noisy at night. If you're in Madrid to enjoy the nightlife and live like Los Madrileños then you'll be fine, but if you are looking to go to bed early it might not be the best location.

Sant Jordi Alberg

Barcelona, Spain

Sant Jordi was located in a perfect spot in Barcelona. Very close to Placa Catalunya, Las Rambla, and Casa Mila but not directly in the middle of all the busy tourism because it's on a side street. The staff were very helpful with everything. Especially when I was arriving late. Sant Jordi was very clean and the guests very nice as well. I was in Barcelona to visit friends, but if you were travelling alone this is the place to meet people. Every night the hostel sponsors a trip to various clubs or bars. I can't say enough good things about this place again. I would recommend Sant Jordi to anyone.

Hostel Bridge

Prague, Czech Republic

This place had the best location!!! You literally open the door and the Charles Bridge is on your left. Very private rooms and quiet. Laundry available. Comfortable beds. Definitely secure. Only aspects that were lacking... the staff was hardly around so if you needed help for something you had to call them and there was no shower curtain in the bathroom which meant that the floor got a little wet. I would absolutely, without hesitation stay here again.

FunkyHostel

Granada, Spain

Funky was a great place to stay. The staff were very helpful, friendly, and remembered and called me by name, now that's service. Everything was clean and well maintained. The rooftop terrace and it's view are gorgeous. As for the room... it was listed as a 4 person mixed dorm but ended up being 5 people in the room, which isn't a big deal but just not exactly what was advertised. Breakfast was simple, but it did the trick.

Friend's Hostel

Paris, France

Friend's is literally every traveler's worst nightmare. It is located in a really shady neighborhood with people making drug deals all over the place. It only gets scarier at night. If it wasn't for the fact that the door to this place is literally across the street from the Metro, I would not have walked there at night. Security wise there is literally only one key for every room. So if you're the first one back you get the key. If you decide to go to bed and your room mates are not there you have to leave the door unlocked until they come back. And they may not even lock the door when they get back. Additionally, there is only one room for luggage storage that pretty much anyone in the whole place can access. There are no lockers so anyone can go through your baggage. There are 3 toilets max for an entire floor of people and 1 shower that is covered in pubes and body hair. My guy friends wouldn't even shower the whole weekend we were there. My guy friends booked seperately from us and decided to stay in the 16 person room which was literally a shed behind the hostel backed with 16 beds. They said they felt like they were in a concentration camp because many of the beds were broken and you had to climb over people to get to the other end of the room. This place is literally hell on earth. As for the staff they were not helpful, we asked for directions to the catacombs and they told us the complete wrong place. We ended up walking around Paris for half a day to find it because of them. This place is literally hell on earth. Don't stay here unless you have to and even then bring a knife, I slept with mine beside me.