Reviews: seg132

Gender: Male, Age: 30

Broadford Backpackers Hostel

Isle of Skye, Scotland

Large hostel with plenty of accommodation (numerous rooms and room types to choose from). Large kitchen and dining room. Wi-Fi seems to work OK - couldn't connect sometimes. Quiet hostel. Several individual showers in their own room, same with the bathrooms. Staff was friendly. Good location, but then again Broadford is a small town.

Flying Pig Downtown

Amsterdam, Netherlands

I enjoyed the hostel. I stayed in a private room, which had a toilet and shower. The private rooms are on the top floor (4th), so it's rather quiet. I didn't hang out much at the hostel, but from what I saw it looked like a great place to meet people. Common area had a bar (drinks/some food), pool table, tables/chairs, etc. Staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good - typical cereals, juice, milk, breads, etc. Overall good experience!

Hello Thanks so much for taking the time to fill out a review about your stay with us. We are very happy that you enjoyed your private room and that it was quiet. We are delighted that you found the staff helpful and enjoyed our free breakfast :) We hope you will visit us again Safe Travels The piggies

Marrakech, Morocco

Where to start... Upon arrival you are served mint tea (oh so tasty) and cakes. Location: The hotel is more or less in the heart of the medina. It's quite close to one of the larger mosque's, which helped as a landmark for navigation. It's no more than 50 meters from one of the main thoroughfares in the medina, but once you're inside the front doors, it's nice and quiet. You'll only hear the call to prayer from the nearby mosques - but that's part of the culture and thus the experience, right?

City Backpackers Hostel

Stockholm, Sweden

Very good location, just a few blocks from the central station. I felt the place was very secure, as there was a code for just about every door in the place. Wi-Fi was good. The staff was very friendly. The pub crawl was also quite fun and a good way to meet others from the hostel. I didn't like that you had to pay for breakfast and linens and towels. For the price, these things should be included. Overall, a great experience and a nice hostel to stay in.

High Street Hostel

Edinburgh, Scotland

Nice hostel. Great Wi-Fi in the lounge area (no Wi-Fi in the rooms!). Really enjoyed the breakfast, even though it was simple - bread/toast, cereals, fruits, juices - £1.90 is a cheap price. The staff were very friendly and were always willing to help out with a smile on their face. I had a private room and it was tiny, but had a window, personal heater, and several electrical outlets. FYI - the hostel is several stories tall and there is no elevator.

Aqua Boutique Guesthouse

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Stayed here less than 24hrs - layover for flight kinda night. Ventured out at night and it seemed far from ANYTHING. No elevator and I was on the top floor. Room was extremely hot and the A/C did little to lower the temp. Staff was extremely nice.

The Siem Reap Hostel

Siem Reap, Cambodia

This hostel is just a short walk from downtown (2 minute walk). ATMs just across the street. The hang-out area was great - bar/restaurant, pool, music, etc. Really enjoyed the pool. Half the staff was nice, the other half didn't care much they had a job in the service industry. Stayed in a private room, which was really nice. Towels for the pool are free for those people staying in private rooms; .50 cents for everyone else.

Duc Vuong Hotel

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

I liked this place. Great location. The restaurant on the rooftop is AWESOME! Average room. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Decent breakfast.

Thanhvan Hotel

Hoi An, Vietnam

This hotel was great! Very beautiful. The staff was helpful and the pool is really nice! Room was average. Can't comment on the free breakfast (didn't eat). Good location.

Orchid Hotel

Hue, Vietnam

Nothing really remarkable about this hotel. Average rooms, average breakfast. Staff was fantastic!

This is one of the coolest places I have ever stayed in. The entire place reminds me of a log cabin. The onsen within the hotel are very nice, which includes a couple private ones. Classic Japanese style place, with beds on the floor and all. Staff was very nice.

Nothing fancy here. Just a hotel. Very small (as are most Japanese hotels). Very friendly and helpful staff.

Bohemia Central Backpackers

Cairns, Australia

5footway.inn Project Boat Quay

Singapore, Singapore

Great location. I booked a twin private and got a tiny room with a bunk bed. The room's AC worked great. Wi-Fi was very fast. Staff were very helpful and knew all the good places to go. Somewhat pricy, but the location makes it worth it. Breakfast was OK (cereal, toast), but the kitchen is nice and is half outside with a great view of the city.

Reggae Mansion Kuala Lumpur

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Nice place! The staff was very friendly. Free breakfast was tasty. The club on the roof is very loud. We were only on the second floor and it kept us up most of the night on a Thursday while trying to sleep, so keep that in mind. I believe the club is only Thurs-Sunday, though... Nice atmosphere and only a 2-3 minute walk from the train station.

Very clean (as are most hostels in Japan), great location (30 seconds walk from the subway), super friendly and helpful staff. Private room we got had a bunk bed, toilet, and shower. Tokyo is a fantastic city with so much to see and do. Overall outstanding hostel! This is the second K's hostel I've stayed in (Hiroshima being the other) and both were excellent!

We are happy that you enjoyed Japan. Thank you very much for staying with us. Next time please visit our other branch ( Fuji, Ito, Kyoto, Hakuba, Takayama )too.

The Guest House

Adelaide, Australia

Wickham Retreat Backpackers

Perth, Australia

A fantastic hostel and a great staff! Thoroughly enjoyed the barbie you guys put on for the guests on a Saturday night!

Although about a 10 minute walk from downtown Nikko, the hostel is located in a quiet area. Breakfast is not included, but is a very small fee. The staff (owner) is very nice and will drive you to the train stations and to an onsen at night if you would like to go. (The onsen was very nice!) There is WiFi, but I didn't use it. There is AC and a heater in each room.

One of the nicest hostels I've ever stayed in. Our private room was very clean. The staff was very friendly. The lounge/common room was large, had a TV, full kitchen, small library. Location was excellent. Few minutes walk from one of the busiest main streets and shopping/eating districts and buses.

Ari Putri

Denpasar, Indonesia

Nice place to stay. Quiet despite the loud traffic and hum of the busy street outside. Staff was very friendly. Security was my only concern. You had to leave your room key at the front desk each time you left. To get the key back all you had to do was give your room number. Anyone can come in and get a key by just giving a room number. Breakfast was great!

Balmers Herberge

Interlaken, Switzerland

This place was just awesome. Everything about it. The one thing that might bother some people is the lockout between 1030 and 1400. But you still have access to everything else such as showers or whatever. Plus, you can store your bags for free incase you need to get to them during lockout. One of the best hostels I have ever stayed at.

Hostel Bridge Prague

Prague, Czech Republic

The guy there was super nice and gave me lots of tips on what to do and see. Plus, the location couldn't get any better.