Location: England, Gender: Female,

Victoria Falls Backpackers

Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe

Overall, very good. The staff was helpful and the hostel was very relaxed and peaceful. The man in charge is happy to arrange anything needed. Only downside is that you will need to get a taxi to the centre / Falls. It will cost $5.

• 10th Oct 2014
  • Globetrotter

Very good value for money. Only negative comments: no soap in bathroom and the power sockets in my room didn't work (although when I enquired this was sorted out)

• 28th Jul 2014

B88 Hostel

Singapore, Singapore

Really liked this hostel. Second time I've stayed here. It's a bit of a trek from the metro, but it's a friendly hotel without being rowdy and the facilities are very good.

• 21st Jul 2014

B88 Hostel

Singapore, Singapore

Really liked this hostel. The pod beds are great: you can turn your light on and not wake the rest of the rooms. The bathrooms weren't great, but I would stay here again

• 1st Jul 2014

Baxpax Mitte Hostel

Berlin, Germany

Stayed here before and would do so again. I like that it's not a party hostel, but it still has lots of atmosphere as there is a large communal space.

• 17th Jun 2014

Clink261

Fine. Good location, clean and safe. Also, the Clink hostels (both of them) are much improved now they offer free wifi. I slightly prefer this Clink hostel to Clink 78 because it's quieter with fewer school groups.

• 4th Jun 2014
  • Globetrotter

Hi, thank you for your feedback. We're happy you choose our hostels when you stay in London! Hope to see you again and from 11th of June in Clink 261 we'll have new beds with individual lockers and plugs so your next stay in London will be more comfortable :). Enjoy your travels!

• 3rd Jun 2014

Clink261

wifi is now free which is a big improvement

• 5th Apr 2014
  • Globetrotter

Hi there, Thank you for your review and good ratings. Hope to see you again at Clink. Safe Travels!

YHA London St Pancras

Very good location let down by very poor staff. Staff members were either utterly indifferent and more concerned with socialising, or actively hostile (one person in a management role was being incredibly rude to a non-native speakerat breakfast.

• 30th Jan 2014

BackpackerBerlin

Berlin, Germany

Really liked this hostel. Clean rooms and bathrooms. Free tea, coffee, cereal all day. Free Internet access and towel. No complaints at all really.

• 29th Dec 2013

Baxpax Mitte Hostel

Berlin, Germany

I was a bit dubious about this hostel at first:I thought it might be a cheap party hostel. But it was friendly, good value for money, clean and safe. Only negative was the beds: they were so noisy that everytime you move you wake up yourself and/or the rest of the room.

• 29th Oct 2013

Clink78

OK hostel. Staff made snide comments about guests (I've stayed here before and they did it then too) and hostel is frequented by school groups.

• 23rd Oct 2013
  • Globetrotter

Hi there, Thank you for leaving us a review. We do have College or university groups sometimes on down period (not school, we have a minimum age limit). However we have more backpackers/travellers always. It's just that sometimes that groups will be more visible. Hope to see you again. Clink Team.

Clink78

All in all good. I stayed here for the location as I needed to be at St Pancras and it's only a 10 minute walk away. There was a problem at check in - they insisted the outstanding cost was £10 more per night than it should have been and only when I produced the booking e-mail did they (very reluctantly) back down.

• 10th Sep 2013
  • Globetrotter

Hey there! Thanks for taking some time to write a review about us. We are sorry to hear that there was a problem during the check-in. To avoid those sort of misunderstandings we always recommend to print out the confirmation email. We hope to see you soon. Enjoy the rest of your travels! Clink Team

Astor Museum Inn

Quite noisy, but all in all good. I'd stay here again.

• 2nd Jul 2013

St Christopher's Edinburgh

Edinburgh, Scotland

An all-in-all good hostel let down by awful bathrooms (I remain to be convinced that en suite is a good idea for dorms - one person showers and the entire room knows about it - and when the shower is blocked and your only choice is to paddle in someone else's dirty water or not shower for the duration of your stay it's not very nice). There is also no luggage room. You have to pay to use a locker. Admittedly, it is cheaper than the £9 left luggage charge at the station.

• 30th Jun 2013

Clink261

Good hostel. Only criticisms: rooms were poorly ventilated and smelt like school changing rooms, and the wifi wasn't free.

• 14th May 2013
  • Globetrotter

Thank you for the review. Our housekeeping team cleans the rooms every day and leaves the windows open so you could find fresh rooms when you check in/come back from the city. Hope to see you again!

YHA London St Pauls

Very good hostel and I would stay here again. It's great if you want a hostel which isn't grotty and at the low end of low end! My main criticism would be that, given to all extents and purposes, you are just paying for the bed (no wifi or breakfast included) it is quite expensive. And the beds are very creaky. But I would stay here again.

• 29th Apr 2013
  • Globetrotter

Many thanks for your positive comments, we are glad to know you enjoyed your stay in our hostel. The best way to get the lowest price is to book in advance, since we are in our peak season now. We hope to see you again very soon. YHA St. Paul's Duty Manager

Nomad

Cardiff, Wales

Impressive. Would stay here again. Only criticism is a group of drunk guys who were being really noisy all night should have been dealt with.

• 23rd Apr 2013

Clink78

Good hostel. Only complaint was school groups took over the breakfast room (not necessarily their fault - there were just so many school kids everywhere) - they should really have been accommodation elsewhere.

• 10th Mar 2013

Berlin, Germany

Good hostel. Good breakfast. Only criticism is it makes no sense to have en-suite bathrooms if you're not going to provide soap...

• 28th Feb 2013

Heart of Gold Hostel

Berlin, Germany

I've stayed here several times and the experience is always great. Special mention must go to the excellent staff.

• 22nd Feb 2013

Berlin, Germany

Very good hostel. One of the few in Berlin still offering a free breakfast. Let down only by the smell coming from the bathrooms which dominated the corridors.

• 5th Feb 2013
  • Globetrotter

Dear Elizabeth, thanks for your Feedback. To improve our Services and our Products, your Opinion is extremely important to us. Your Review will be forwarded to the Housekeeping Team. Kind Regards from the St. Christophers Berlin Team.

HappyBed Hostel - Steglitz

Berlin, Germany

Fine for the price paid. Good staff.

• 4th Feb 2013

PangeaPeople Hostel & Hotel

Berlin, Germany

Excellent. Really can't fault on any level.

• 25th Jan 2013

Heart of Gold Hostel

Excellent as always

• 18th Jan 2013

Smart Russell Square

For the price it's hard to complain, but everywhere is cramped and overcrowded.

• 4th Jan 2013

Fine for the price

• 18th Dec 2012
  • Globetrotter

Thank you for your review and rating the hostel so high. Now you can follow our latest news and offers on face book.

A good hostel let down by an infuriating key system. The dorm rooms lock with a key that doesn't fit into the lock easily and coming back in the night and spending ten minutes trying to position the key in the right position (and waking the entire dorm in the process) is extremely annoying. I've also never been asked to pay 20€ as a deposit for a key before...

• 20th Nov 2012

Hatters on Newton Street

Manchester, England

Great staff and atmosphere. Good, clean rooms. Would happily stay here again.

• 30th Jul 2012

Keystone House Kings Cross

Fantastic hostel. I've stayed in several hostels in London and this is heads and shoulders above the rest. The fact that Keystone House can provide such good service and facilities for the price it does puts other hostels to shame.

• 10th May 2012

Check In Hostel

Berlin, Germany

A good nuts and bolts hostel. There is limited bathroom facilities and no kitchen, but wifi is available throughout, it's clean, staff is friendly and if you just want a place to sleep this is great.

• 1st May 2012

Surprise Backpackers

The staff is really helpful, the hostel could have been a bit better (there was a mouse in the kitchen)

• 6th Oct 2011

London Backpackers

The location was not too much of an issue - in fairness, you probably don't spend any more time travelling to and from the hostel than you would for a more central hostel as London Backpackers is less than a minute from a Northern Line station. There is the problem that it costs more to travel there though (different underground zone). However, the rooms were fine, breakfast was as good as you'll get in any London hostel and there is free wifi and breakfast.

• 5th Aug 2011

Oxford Backpackers Hostel

Oxford, England

No complaints - friendly staff; free towel, linen and breakfast; dorms were quiet at night. Would stay there again.

• 24th Mar 2011

Smart Russell Square

I liked the early check-in. There's a free breakfast and free linen. Security is good. However, the duvet and pillow didn't look clean, and you'll have to pay a daily charge for a locker (£1.50-£2 depending on size). The rooms were also hot. However, what you get is what you pay for and for the location and price you can't really complain: there are many more central hostels at a higher price and equal quality.

• 30th Aug 2010

Berlin, Germany

I thought this hostel might be noisy because it is above a bar but I was really impressed at how quite the rooms were, how clean everything was andthe free breakfast was great.

I have never been to a hostel so thoroughly cleaned! I was dubious at first about the hostel as I thought it would be really noisy, but I only have praise for it: free breakfast, free sheets & towel, free wifi. The location isn't great, but that's the only criticism I have.

Helter Skelter Hostel

Berlin, Germany

Slightly mixed feelings about this hostel: on the one hand,it is next door to a noisy club; there is only one key per room; and certain staff members spend the night smoking in the common room so it stinks in the morning. However, the location is amazingly central, there is free wifi, sheets, towels and breakfast ,which *almost* makes up for the negatives.

Astor Victoria

Very well located for Victoria Station. FHelpfulstaff and very clean.

Smart Russell Square

Excellent location. Early check in is great. Good security.

Smart Russell Square

Rooms weren't very clean but location is very good and for the proce you can't really complain...

Thank you for your review, our house keepers start cleaning the rooms after check out time at around 11 am and finish cleaning all rooms by 3 pm. you have checked in at around 11:30 am which is the time we start cleaning. however, our head house keepers check all rooms at the end of their shift to make sure they all clean and fresh. i hope you enjoy our services in the next visit.

Close to Victoria train & coach station. The hostel is also a pub and the locals seemed as perplexed to see hostelers as the hostel guests were to see them.

Smart Russell Square

The lack of showers on each floor and the room temperature (hot!) are really my only criticisms

Torquay Hostel

All-in-all the hostel is fine. Security os good and the rooms are a good size. However, there is only one bathroom per floor and they stink.

Torquay Hostel

Not as bad as some reviews suggest. For what you pay it is decent enough.

Smart Russell Square

Large dorms get hot but otherwise good

Smart Russell Square

I don't know what rating Hostelworld will generate for my review, but I'd give Smart Russell about 70%. The toliets could have been a bit cleaner and charging to use a locker is a bit mean, but for the price charged I had few quibbles.

Torquay Hostel

Second time I've stayed here and I was really impressed at the standard for such a low price: good security, friendly staff and nice rooms,

Hatters on Newton Street

Manchester, England

Hats off to Hatters Hostel. Great staff, great facilities, clean and safe. Would stay here again.

Torquay Hostel

I was impressed by this hostel. It is a bit of a way out from central London, but the security was good, there is a kitchen on each floor and breakfast was decent enough. The lack of bathrooms was a bit of an issue, but all in all I thought this was definitely one of the better London hostels I have stayed in.

West Two London

At first I thought the other reviews were a bit harsh, but then the next day I came out with bite marks all over me - this hostel really does have a bed bug problem! Furthermore, there are no lockers and you have to pay to use luggage storage. London's not great for hostels, but I wouldn't stay here again.

The Royal Bayswater Hostel

The location was okay - very close to a tube station - and the room was en suite. On the other hand, the quality of the beds - and I mean this by hostel standards - was meagre to say the least and make sure you bring your own towel: you have to buy one, there is no renting. You also have to pay to store your luggage after checking out. For one or two nights, the hostel was fine,but I don't know if I'd want to spend too long there.

The hostel is in quite a "middle class" area which is great of you're looking for somewhere quiet to sleep, rather than a starting point for a night out. Saying that, there are often school groups who are experiencing "away from home" syndrome, but they were never really too loud. The hostel was incredibly clean and the staff very friendly.

I was extremely impressed with this hostel. Given the very low prices I qrrived expecting very little, but the staff was extremely friendly and helpful, the rooms were spatious and the bathrooms small but clean. The hostel is above a pub, but it was never noisy and the atmosphere was lively zithout ever being threatening or unpleasant. I would happily stay there again.

Sleep-in Green

Copenhagen, Denmark

This hostel has a very bohemian feel to it, so if you like a laid back approach, you'll like this hostel. Positives: Free Internet, good price. Negatives: one joint bathroom for the two larger dorms so if you're in the smaller dorm you have to walk through the other dorm and wake everyone up in the process

City Hostel - Central Station

Stockholm, Sweden

Although I would contest the 400m from the station claim, this is nevertheless a well located hostel. It is extremely clean and there is free tea and coffee, as well as a microwave available.

City Hostel - Central Station

Stockholm, Sweden

Great! Nice rooms & clean.

The 4You Hostel Munich

Munich, Germany

Excellent hostel: good sized bedrooms, security lockers (which don't require you to provide your own padlock), great breakfast. Great job guys!

Berlin, Germany

Loved it! 100% best hostel in Berlin!

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed qt in Paris: vibrant area, friendly staff, nice rooms, good breakfast. I would definetly stay here again.

Jaeger's Munich

Munich, Germany

Very good location: near to station and city centre. Would stay here again.

The 4You Hostel Munich

Munich, Germany

I was very impressed. A very well run hostel, nice rooms, good security, very close to the station and an impressive breakfast ;)

Berlin, Germany

Second time I stayed here and it is still 100% brilliant. Great job guys!

Sokolska Youth Hostel

Prague, Czech Republic

Slightly overpriced for what you got, but very friendly staff and a good location.

Berlin, Germany

Given that the downstairs area is a club/bar, this is a quiet hostel. Good location, helpful staff.

Schlafmeile Hostel

Berlin, Germany

A nice hostel that respects its guests and treats them as people with an onze of common sense. The location wasn't great: Friedrichshain is a great area, but it is also quite a way out from the centre. I read one review that said that it felt like you were sleeping on the pavement here. Now I know exactly what he meant. The rooms have doors that open onto the street which is a bit intimidating, and a slight security risk.

All in all, very good. It is a bit of a way out, but the transport links are good. You need your own padlock for the lockers )or you can buy one there). Good (free) breakfast, free towel and a very reasonable proce. The average person staying seemed to be wither a late night partier or someone on a schooltrip, so it got a bit noisy at times, but generally I was very satisfied.

Schlafmeile Hostel

Berlin, Germany

Quite a long way out from the centre and from the nearest ubahn compared to other hostels

Berlin, Germany

100%. One - if not the - best hostel I have ever stayed in. Very good security with keycard access to all room and lockers, comfy beds with free linen, reasonably priced internet access (1€ = 40 minutes), very helpful staff and a well-equipped kitchen. The only things I could suggest as "constructive criticism" would be a free breakfast, but in that it only costs 3,50€ anyway, there is really little left to be said. Great job guys!

Youthhostel Bern

Bern, Switzerland

Awful directions, but the location is actually quite good. As with all official youth hostels you have to put up with school groups and families with young children. It's annoying that reception closes at midday, because that means if you want to use the left luggage but collect your bag between 12 and 2, you can't use it. This is a good hostel, but for the price you would expect it to be.

Eastener Hostel

Berlin, Germany

Great hostel: within walking distance to Friedrichstrasse Bahnhof, extremely good staff, well equiped kitchen. Would definetly recommend!

Yep! Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

Not so much a hostel as someone's appartment. The directions to the "hostel" were awful, but the lady in charge was lovely and went out of her way to help. Probably wouldn't stay there again, but it wasn't an unpleasant experience.

Without doubt, the location of the other Vienna Wombat hostel ls better, but the hostel is well equipped and well run.

Hostel Possonium

Bratislava, Slovakia

Not too bad. be warnd: there is an English Bulldog semi-resident in the hostel. If you are allergic to or simply don't like dogs, find another hostel! Also, I'm not quite sure what happened to breakfast - I was told nothing about it.

breakfast is not included in the price, you have to order it one day in advance.

Greg & Tom Hostel

Krakow, Poland

Wonderful staff who couldn't do enough to help. Great location, although be warned that you will be climbing at least two flights of stairs with no lift (although you can just ask them to come down and help you with your bags). Free internet, breakfast, supper, lots to do, DVDs....I could go on and on. A great hostel and I would definetly come back.

An excellent hostel. A short wlk to the train station, lots of freebies (internt, linen, breakfast etc) and very good security (you don"t need to bring your own padlock). Would definetly recommend.

Eastener Hostel

Berlin, Germany

An ideally located hostel for those who like their sleep. The owner went out of his way to help and the hostel has good security, a very well equipped kitchen and a small and homely feel. I would defineltly recommend!

I was pleasantly surprised by this hostel. It's clean and well run. The location is a LONG way out in comparison to other hostels. There is a direct tram, but you're looking at a good 20 minutes to the centre. Another tip: the internet there is a rip off. Two minutes round the corner there is a Internet Cafe at a fraction of the price.

Aurora Hostel

Berlin, Germany

In a word: wonderful. I really liked the area and the staff were fantastic. The only down side was that I bin wasn't emptied and there was no wardrobe. But for the price it was really good and I would not hesitate to return.

Aloha Hostel

Paris, France

my favourite hostel in paris!

Helter Skelter Hostel

Berlin, Germany

Would recommend without hesitation!