Khaosan Immjai

Bangkok, Thailand

Located close to the river and so easy access to the main temples. Helpful and friendly staff and the choice if four computers for Skyping back home. A basic breakfast included in the price, so also good value.

Ko Tao Dive Dorm

Koh Tao, Thailand

Perfect spot for a getaway or to learn to dive in a safe, inexpensive environment. Right next to the beach, the diving school and the main resort, this is a great place to stay. The only downer: cold showers...

FAB Hostel Bangkok

Bangkok, Thailand

I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel, however there are a few areas that could be improved. The lockers should be in the dorms for convenience, a cooked breakfast, while very tasty, should be just one option....eg facilities for us to make our own. The main improvement: someone should always be there to help and advise customers....often I needed help and no-one was available, only a phone no, but my phone wasn't working. However, I really did enjoy this hostel ..just a few irritants....

Thank you Christopher for the review! It means a lot to us! We hope to see you again next time. Take care, Fab & Jaa

Dozy House

Chiang Mai, Thailand

Very comfortable with a family atmosphere. Staff very supportive and friendly and they strive to anticipate ur needs...they did most of the bookings for me. I would def stay there again when in Chiang Mai....

At Home Sukhothai

Sukhothai, Thailand

Very friendly and supportive staff in a very tropical environment complete with ferns and palm on two sides of the breakfast room. If u like muesli, they have one to die for.....the best I've ever tasted. Very convenient location.

Khaosan Immjai

Bangkok, Thailand

A very comfortable hostel, close to the river so easy access to the ferries to the temples. Also some excellent eateries within walking distance, esp one veg rest that does a wonderful veg pad thai. Close to a main road so can be noisy in the common room at times. Very helpful and friendly staff.

Sanya Backpackers

Sanya, China

My two fellow travellers and I really enjoyed staying at this hostel. The big advantage is the location which is very close to both the beach and to shops and restaurants, but the outdoor bar with a garden setting and the very warm and friendly hosts are also big selling points. The private rooms were very comfortable and clean and additional tours are offered at the front desk. We took one of these to a rainforest area away from Sanya and we had a great time.

Maple Leaf Guesthouse

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

I just stayed here a few nights on my way to Vancouver and I was impressed. Miss Li was very welcoming, informative and the location of the hostel is excellent if you want easy access to downtown Kowloon, Kowloon park and the harbor. There are loads of good quality restaurants to enjoy within easy walking distance with easy access to buses, the train system and the ferry. The room is modern, clean but very small, which is not surprising given that space is in such short supply in Hong Kong.

Nomads Westend

Sydney, Australia

We were ejected from this hostel right at the start....my Chinese homestay student is not yet 18. But the front desk person was pretty rude and inflexible about this. He referred us onto other youth hostels and said he would call them....both hostels said there was no such call. Eventually we were allowed to stay in twin share private room accommodation at the Westend Youth Hostel. We were happy there but still resent the way we were treated at the World Square Hostel. You should also mention on your site a

A good quality hostel in a very convenient position, close to shops, trains and buses. The staff, while not over-friendly, are competent and supportive. The place is thoroughly cleaned every day and the room I had has a good sized locker for my bags....great for security. I am always able to get a good night's sleep. I have stayed here many times and I always enjoy the experience.

I'm been impressed with this hostel. The staff are friendly and very efficient. In fact I'm amazed at how well they cope with the huge demands from people at the front office. The rooms are comfortable and kept very clean and there are lots of places where you can sit and chat to people over a delicious meal ( meals of good quality and reasonable price ). One drawback is that there are no lockers in the rooms. I had to store my valuables in a special locker kept in a special room.....secure but not convenient. There are only three computers avalaible for internet access but there is an excellent netbar nearby that charge only 2.50Y an hour for use of good quality computers.

The Hump Hostel

Kunming, China

I enjoyed my stay here. The only down side is that it wasn't easy to get sleep.....sometimes it sounded like a lorry was about to drive straight through the dormitory ! Part of the problem was that the windows had to be left open as there was no airconditioning. Maybe if the rooms were airconditioned we would get more sleep.

A great place to stay, but one of my guests had to change rooms as two of the other people in his room were entertaining young women in the room until quite late (3am). He doubts that these young women were paying guests at the hostel.

An excellent spot overall however we felt that there should be more variety offered in Chinese style foods at a lower price.