A bit out of the center but near subway lines. Good value for Shanghai. As with many other hostels, I would like to see a message board for guests to be able to join for trips or events. I found ballet and jazz concert and would have been nice to let others know if they wanted to join.

Lost Garden Guesthouse

Kunming, China

I booked this hostel 3 times. After the first time, I would have given it a perfect score BUT on my second trip, I was going to be put in a dorm room in the basement of the main building. The place is very damp and moldy. Make sure you get a room in the building next door which is perfect. The staff was very accommodating and I got a private room instead of the dorm. The staff is wonderful. The restaurant is the best hostel food in China.

Each bunk had a curtain, a shelf and a light. They also gave you a lock and locker for your valuables.

Overseas Tibetan Hotel

Xiahe, China

Great location. More expensive than other places. No common room.

Without a phone, I would never have found the place. The directions are unclear. Nice common room. Nice staff. Needs some remodel, especially the bathrooms which are moldy.

Bada Bing Hostel Istanbul

Istanbul, Turkey

Wonderful breakfast. Walking distance to many sights. Nice lounge areas. Wifi in rooms. Best hostel I've been to in my RTW journey.

Abraham Hostel Jerusalem

Jerusalem, Israel

Very big and impersonal but well located, good breakfast, lots of activities.

Sanya Backpackers

Sanya, China

This must be the best hostel in China. The owners are wonderful. They arranged a Christmas eve dinner, give advice on the area. The hostel is located a very short distance from the beach. Busses are available nearby to other stops.

Large hostel. Nice common areas with wifi. Good location. Would like a bit more information on bus lines and how to get places available.

Homy Inn

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Room TINY. Entrance look like skid row. Staff very helpful. NOT a hostel. No common space. Good location

Very large hostel. Nice common room Nice room with bath. Slow cooking the food.

This hostel offers many services - post office, train tickets, a washer and dryer for a small fee, hair dryer and free breakfast. The staff was very nice and helpful. Very close to subway. Very clean. Very considerate of me. A bit more expensive than others in the excellent class.

Provides you with directions to major tourist sites by bus and taxi, VERY clean and very nice staff.

noisy, sound carries from downstairs

Hostal Sol de Oro

Arequipa, Peru

I would recommend this to anyone. I arrived and 6am and woke the staff up and they found me a room. Beautiful view from the veranda. Nice clean rooms. Hot water.

Hostal Los Volcanes

Guatemala City, Guatemala

They did not have my reservation made through hostelworld. There was room available but not with private bath since they were painting those rooms. We took a room with shared bath. We were then told that the 10% the I paid through Hostelworld would be lost since I was in a different type of room. They then backed down on this and did apply the 10%.