Vila Veselova

Ljubljana, Slovenia

The staff were beyond excellent. Each guest gets and orientation to the city, a map and suggestions. They are very knowledgable about the area. I've been traveling around the world and its one of the best I've been in.

10 Coins Hostel Sofia

Sofia, Bulgaria

Located very near the metro so it is easy to access. This hostel is new. It is very clean. It has a nice common room and you can cook. Also free laundry. The family is very nice and make sure that you know where the local restaurants are and what to see in town. I would have missed a beautiful little church without their input. I reserved for 2 nights since my train left late and I want to be able to come back and rest. They did not charge me for the second day even though I left at 6pm.

Thank you very much! Our business is not only money - it is also communication with very interesting people all over the world.

Hostel Kalonis

Skopje, Macedonia

The owners and staff went way above what was necessary. There was a big storm which blew off part of the roof. The ceiling was leaking a bit. They moved everyone out to apartments nearby and were very helpful with everything. I got a private room while they fixed and repainted the dorm rooms. The place is very clean.

Propaganda Hostel

Tirana, Albania

This is a really nice hostel. The location is perfect, right near the museums and sights in Tirana. The price is very reasonable. It includes breakfast. The common room is nice and well used. My only issue was lumpy mattress. There is a bar downstairs and loud music from the street but not too bad. I would recommend this hostel.

This is one of the nicest hostels I've been in. The common room was comfortable and used by travelers. The place was spotless. It is in walking distance to many of the sights in Madrid. Very near many restaurants and bars. Close to several different subway lines. The staff was very helpful and always cheerful.

Riad Baraka

Chefchaouen, Morocco

Beautifully restored house in the medina area of Chefchouen. Joe and his brother provide excellent service and are very knowledgeable about the area. They can recommend restaurants and areas to see. The rooms are clean. The price is very reasonable for the quality of the accommodations. Hope to see them open a place in Cambodia.

V-GO's Hotel & Guesthouse

Fethiye, Turkey

BEDBUGS. The management was great and did wonderful service recovery after I was bitten multiple times by bedbugs. I had to change rooms in the middle of the night. They were very apologetic and did not charge me for the room and bought me medicine for the bites (which I still leave the marks). This was a big cleaning failure.

Hotel Edessa City

Sanliurfa, Turkey

Great location. Was being repainted. Bathroom smelled horrible like mold. Good breakfast. Nice staff.

Goreme Country House

Goreme, Turkey

We had two rooms while there. Both were new and clean and very large. The breakfast is very good. The hostel/hotel is located 10 minute walk from the center. Beautiful views from the roof terrace.

A bit out of the center but near subway lines. Good value for Shanghai. As with many other hostels, I would like to see a message board for guests to be able to join for trips or events. I found ballet and jazz concert and would have been nice to let others know if they wanted to join.

Lost Garden Guesthouse

Kunming, China

I booked this hostel 3 times. After the first time, I would have given it a perfect score BUT on my second trip, I was going to be put in a dorm room in the basement of the main building. The place is very damp and moldy. Make sure you get a room in the building next door which is perfect. The staff was very accommodating and I got a private room instead of the dorm. The staff is wonderful. The restaurant is the best hostel food in China.

Each bunk had a curtain, a shelf and a light. They also gave you a lock and locker for your valuables.

Overseas Tibetan Hotel

Xiahe, China

Great location. More expensive than other places. No common room.

Without a phone, I would never have found the place. The directions are unclear. Nice common room. Nice staff. Needs some remodel, especially the bathrooms which are moldy.

Bada Bing Hostel Istanbul

Istanbul, Turkey

Wonderful breakfast. Walking distance to many sights. Nice lounge areas. Wifi in rooms. Best hostel I've been to in my RTW journey.

Abraham Hostel Jerusalem

Jerusalem, Israel

Very big and impersonal but well located, good breakfast, lots of activities.

Sanya Backpackers

Sanya, China

This must be the best hostel in China. The owners are wonderful. They arranged a Christmas eve dinner, give advice on the area. The hostel is located a very short distance from the beach. Busses are available nearby to other stops.

Large hostel. Nice common areas with wifi. Good location. Would like a bit more information on bus lines and how to get places available.

• 24th Aug 2012
  • Globetrotter
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Homy Inn

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Room TINY. Entrance look like skid row. Staff very helpful. NOT a hostel. No common space. Good location

• 11th Aug 2012
  • Globetrotter
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Very large hostel. Nice common room Nice room with bath. Slow cooking the food.

This hostel offers many services - post office, train tickets, a washer and dryer for a small fee, hair dryer and free breakfast. The staff was very nice and helpful. Very close to subway. Very clean. Very considerate of me. A bit more expensive than others in the excellent class.

Provides you with directions to major tourist sites by bus and taxi, VERY clean and very nice staff.

noisy, sound carries from downstairs

Hostal Sol de Oro

Arequipa, Peru

I would recommend this to anyone. I arrived and 6am and woke the staff up and they found me a room. Beautiful view from the veranda. Nice clean rooms. Hot water.

Hostal Los Volcanes

Guatemala City, Guatemala

They did not have my reservation made through hostelworld. There was room available but not with private bath since they were painting those rooms. We took a room with shared bath. We were then told that the 10% the I paid through Hostelworld would be lost since I was in a different type of room. They then backed down on this and did apply the 10%.